Shaun Kitchens

WAR-MATT

Great addition, lets keep it rolling Chiz & Co. WDE!

Ok I guess Mr. Kitchens can play just about anywhere the coaches see fit!

ESPN/Scouts Inc. evaluation: Kitchens is a wonderful overall athlete with a supreme blend of size, speed and athleticism. We feel he projects as a safety/OLB hybrid initially with a fulltime move to the front seven in time. He could also play as a physically imposing wide receiver prospect on offense and has excellent overall ball skills and offensive awareness downfield. It's this same awareness that makes him a presence on defense. Displays the ability to generate power quickly and close on ball carriers with good explosiveness. Possesses a good short-area burst and straight-line closing speed on the perimeter. Shows good experience attacking near the line of scrimmage and can effectively string plays out to the sideline with his long wingspan and adequate upper-body strength.

He is an explosive blitzer both off the edge and up the middle. Shows very good feet, can play off blocks and shows very good closing burst and a violent attitude upon contact. Moves well through the lateral trash avoiding blockers in space with his quick feet and ability to burst under cutoff blocks. Coverage skill and range are very impressive. Shows the range and lateral mobility at safety to get through the trash, find sharp pursuit angles, and chase to the sideline. Is at his best coming forward on the football. At OLB, he can turn, get depth quickly, level off and attack underneath routes.

However, for Kitchens' leverage can be an issue when filling at the point of attack. Needs to win the pad level battle to mask his lack of power when taking on blockers and tackling bigger ball carriers. He cannot afford to play high, especially in the secondary. Must stay low when in the box shedding blockers. He must become more than just a blitzer that is disruptive. Overall, it is Kitchens' measurables that have garnered early attention as well as his ability to run.

Looks like Karlos Dansby to me.

Yes....that's what I was thinking, as well. Also, Shaun's first name is Kowaski. Here's his YouTube video.

*Language Warning*

They're saying that AU will use him at WR...as will his HS team this year (along with being the backup qb)....

:au::homer:

They're saying that AU will use him at WR...as will his HS team this year (along with being the backup qb)....

Doesn't have great speed for an WR, but I like his height.

Yup...gotta love those tall jumpers. :)

I would rather him stay Wr. He is a big boy we could use. 6-3 211 as junior. he could prob put on another 10 this summer. Thats hard for a small db to bump at line. he could be that physical wr we have lacked for years.

Neither did Jerry Rice. As long as the kid can run a good route, fight for, and hang on to the ball... he'll be a-okay.

His speed isn't as slow as it was originally reported on Rivals/Scout. Scout has already changed it to 4.5. He is very athletic.

*Coaches think he will play @ 6'4 225-230lbs w/ 4.55 speed if he stays at WR.

His speed isn't as slow as it was originally reported on Rivals/Scout. Scout has already changed it to 4.5. He is very athletic.

*Coaches think he will play @ 6'4 225-230lbs w/ 4.55 speed if he stays at WR.

Good. I saw a 4.65 and a 4.93! when I first looked for info. He's in demand, so I figured he's a winner.

Archived