Brunetti Commits to WV

Proud Tiger

Highly regarded QB Barry Brunetti of Memphis has commited to WV. he said Auburn was high on his list, he really liked us, but never got a firm offer. Looks like getting a top QB is not a high priority this year.

Looks like getting a top QB is not a high priority this year.

I wouldn't call Brunetti a "top" QB, but yeah, we're not going to take a QB unless we start liking someone a whole lot and that doesn't appear to be likely.

This year's QB class sucks. Rollison would probably be the #1 QB in this class.

@meta - Do you expect Kiehl Frazier to be the #1 QB on our board next year?

Too early to tell. FWIW, I'm pretty sure he's not even supposed to be the top QB in Arkansas in 2010 as of right now. More targets will emerge.

Too early to tell. FWIW, I'm pretty sure he's not even supposed to be the top QB in Arkansas in 2010 as of right now. More targets will emerge.

Interesting. Some expect him to emerge as a national recruit.

Interesting. Some expect him to emerge as a national recruit.

I'm not going to pretend like I know much about Arkansas HS football, but the kid I've seen make one early Top 100 for 2011 is Brandon Allen from Fayettville who I believe won Sophomore POY last season. As of right now I haven't seen frazier get any "national" hype, but its a long way until then.

I don't think he will play next season as QB. The next Pat White? Maybe. IMO. Athlete.

Brunetti? He is a QB, he's nowhere near as athletic as White. Had he been 3 inches taller he could legitimately challenge as top QB in this class, he's got good skills.

We'll see if WVU can hold him because this kind of reminds me of Tajh Boyd last year (who ended up at Clemson). Brunetti kind of committed out of nowhere.

Archived