Seriously, what makes them this way?

AU-Dave

I will try not to be long here. I just really want serious scientific answers to this question.

Why does it seem that all bama fans are like the guy I'm about to describe below.

So, my girl takes me out tonight to kick off fathers day weekend. I live in Auburn, but she is from the woodland area. We go to Fuji in Oxford? It's a Japanese place, ya know the whole cook in front of you thing. Half the table were already set and no longer had I walked in the room and I saw HIM.

You ALL know him. The loud, cocky, obnoxious, everyone loves hearing my voice guy. We had not got our drinks and he was already under my skin. So, he begins to go around the table asking "Where are you from?" He gets to me and I tell him Auburn. Keep in mind nobody is wearing colors, so I don't know who he is for YET.

"Auburn" He then tells me I would need to leave the table but I could leave my girl and proceeds to wink at her. I can see where this dinner is going. His wife looks MISERABLE. The rest of the dinner he proceeds to throw comments at me about Auburn etc etc. I ignore him and just TRY to focus on my girl and enjoy the food the best I can. He makes multiple attempts to buy not only my girl but every female a drink. He took his wallet out and actually flipped thru his $100 bills so EVERYONE could see. Myself and the other men had the patience of Job tonight dealing with this tool.

There is a lot more but I'll stop there.

Sometimes, I DREAD going anywhere in this state. I don't have to deal with that sort of thing living IN Auburn.

I feel for you guys that live other places.

Overall the night went well except for him

Excuse the vent.

I will try not to be long here. I just really want serious scientific answers to this question.

Why does it seem that all bama fans are like the guy I'm about to describe below.

So, my girl takes me out tonight to kick off fathers day weekend. I live in Auburn, but she is from the woodland area. We go to Fuji in Oxford? It's a Japanese place, ya know the whole cook in front of you thing. Half the table were already set and no longer had I walked in the room and I saw HIM.

You ALL know him. The loud, cocky, obnoxious, everyone loves hearing my voice guy. We had not got our drinks and he was already under my skin. So, he begins to go around the table asking "Where are you from?" He gets to me and I tell him Auburn. Keep in mind nobody is wearing colors, so I don't know who he is for YET.

"Auburn" He then tells me I would need to leave the table but I could leave my girl and proceeds to wink at her. I can see where this dinner is going. His wife looks MISERABLE. The rest of the dinner he proceeds to throw comments at me about Auburn etc etc. I ignore him and just TRY to focus on my girl and enjoy the food the best I can. He makes multiple attempts to buy not only my girl but every female a drink. He took his wallet out and actually flipped thru his $100 bills so EVERYONE could see. Myself and the other men had the patience of Job tonight dealing with this tool.

Sometimes, I DREAD going anywhere in this state. I don't have to deal with that sort of thing living IN Auburn.

Excuse the vent.

Loud, obnoxious & overbearingly arrogant? I believe it's inbred into them -- literally.

Excuse the vent.

Loud, obnoxious & overbearingly arrogant? I believe it's inbred into them -- literally.

It is inbred in them. They are taught to behave that way at birth. On a side note, I used to live about 5 minutes away from that FUJI place. Great, great food. Hopefully you were able to enjoy the food in spite of this tool.

I don't know...that kind of obnoxiousness, he hits on my girl, especially if I've had a drink or two, the special on the grill that night may have been his face. How did he get the 100's anyway, is Bama recruiting him?

In all seriousness, kudos for turning the other cheek, that had to be a hard thing to do.

Oh my! I never realized how hard it was living around Alabama fans! From my side we seem so nice, but I can see what you mean now. I feel sorry for you and all Auburn fans on what you have to deal with on a daily basis. God bless you all.

Grow some nuts, pansy.

Oh my! I never realized how hard it was living around Alabama fans! From my side we seem so nice, but I can see what you mean now. I feel sorry for you and all Auburn fans on what you have to deal with on a daily basis. God bless you all.

Grow some nuts, pansy.

I take it you had a good father's day at the Fuji

Grow some nuts, pansy.

Excuse me? This obnoxious jerk's behavior is something that you approve? Really, we just need to "grow some nuts"? Thanks for reinforcing what we already know... this jerk was a typical bammer.

BTW... don't bother responding, you'll be on my ignore list by the time you read this.

Grow some nuts, pansy.

GFY then ESAD.

Grow some nuts, pansy.

I take it you had a good father's day at the Fuji

How does that work with sister-daughters and uncle dad's? Can you explain Ash? Does everyone just get a new can of Copenhagen and you call it even?

How does that work with sister-daughters and uncle dad's? It's pretty easy actually. Birds and the bees, man Can you explain Ash? Does everyone just get a new can of Copenhagen Meth and you call it even? yes

• 2 weeks later...

Inbred, probably. But the fact remains, that most Bammers are not graduates of any college, instead just uneducated rednecks that support the state school. In most cases, real Alabama fans/graduates don't act like that. I have relatives that graduated from Alabama, and they are fairly classy individuals who just happened to attend college there. Yes, they are loyal to their school, but don't really carry it too far.

Grow some nuts, pansy.

GFY then ESAD.

LMAO

Have asexual relations, then consume fecal matter and cease all bodily functions.

Grow some nuts, pansy.

GFY then ESAD.

LMAO

Have asexual relations, then consume fecal matter and cease all bodily functions.

Holy crap! That's what that means? Thanks for your clarification!!! I could have sworn it meant....

Great Faculty Yearbook - Easter Sunday Attendance Demanded.

Samsonite! I was way off.

• 4 weeks later...

How does that work with sister-daughters and uncle dad's? It's pretty easy actually. Birds and the bees, man Can you explain Ash? Does everyone just get a new can of Copenhagen Meth and you call it even? yes

The type man you mention is indeed sad. He has low self esteem and must compensate by bragging, being billigerent, and overcompensating. His day is determined by how his bammer team does on the football field and when they lose, he's down and can be a real A$$h--e. He feeds his ego by trying to make other people feel inferior. I'd rather be a sane, reasonable Auburn football fan that rolls with the punches than live one single day like so many of the bammers who still live in the glory days of the long gone Bear. We know that football is like a pendalum, it always swings back the other way eventually and when it does again against them, they'll need therapy and rehab.

"Inbred, probably. But the fact remains, that most Bammers are not graduates of any college, instead just uneducated rednecks that support the state school. In most cases, real Alabama fans/graduates don't act like that. I have relatives that graduated from Alabama, and they are fairly classy individuals who just happened to attend college there. Yes, they are loyal to their school, but don't really carry it too far. "

Boy, you sure nailed that one........I couldn't have said it any better myself.

• 2 weeks later...

I wish Bama had a lock on such bad conduct.

I was at the Capital One Bowl when Wisconsin took the wood to us. Waiting for the shuttle bus to take us back to the parking area I had the destiny to be a few people ahead of a true Auburn jerk. He was on his cell phone berating our team (not its performance) in four-letter words loud enough for all in the zip code to hear. I wanted to go floor the jerk, but being a short, old man that never had much upper-body strength, I was forced to stand there in shame.

As a Florida tiger, I have witnessed such bad conduct from bammers and from gators. I hate it. The only response I have come up with is to say "War Eagle, and I wish your players well." It sucks, but it is the best I can do.

My Georgia Tech law partner says, "you can't let your opponent change who you are." We must go through life trying to live up to the Auburn Creed....It's all we can do.

Not much of a post for the Woodshed, but it's how I try to live.

WDE!

Bob in Winter Haven, FL

I wish Bama had a lock on such bad conduct.

I was at the Capital One Bowl when Wisconsin took the wood to us. Waiting for the shuttle bus to take us back to the parking area I had the destiny to be a few people ahead of a true Auburn jerk. He was on his cell phone berating our team (not its performance) in four-letter words loud enough for all in the zip code to hear. I wanted to go floor the jerk, but being a short, old man that never had much upper-body strength, I was forced to stand there in shame.

As a Florida tiger, I have witnessed such bad conduct from bammers and from gators. I hate it. The only response I have come up with is to say "War Eagle, and I wish your players well." It sucks, but it is the best I can do.

My Georgia Tech law partner says, "you can't let your opponent change who you are." We must go through life trying to live up to the Auburn Creed....It's all we can do.

Not much of a post for the Woodshed, but it's how I try to live.

WDE!

Bob in Winter Haven, FL

Great post! :thumbsup:

Archived