When to use WAR EAGLE?

TMAN34

So i am in the Colorado area...in the mountains...and every Alabama fan i have seen out here i have War Eagled and i have gotten puzzled looks from them all. What else are you supposed to say to a bama fan when you see them in the street? Also i have seen great AU people out here. Always friendly and always nice (makes me proud to be an Auburn Alum)

So i am in the Colorado area...in the mountains...and every Alabama fan i have seen out here i have War Eagled and i have gotten puzzled looks from them all. What else are you supposed to say to a bama fan when you see them in the street? Also i have seen great AU people out here. Always friendly and always nice (makes me proud to be an Auburn Alum)

Why would you say War Eagle to a Bama fan?

Why not? B)

I do it all the time at school lol.

You say it whenever you want. Confuse people, if necessary, then explain. After explaining, welcome the not stupid ones into the fold. They will thank you.

I,too,have war eagled a bama fan when I was way out of the south....like back home in pittsburgh..Just to show that we both recognize we are from the same state, etc... :au:

I like to catch them off guard. When I see one browsing the bama shirts at Wally World, I can't resist. With words to the affect, "It's too bad they had to vacate all of their wins from 2005 to 2007." Then give them the "War Eagle."

I actually had an interview 3-4 weeks ago and the VP gave me a War Eagle when she came in for the interview after reading my resume. She indicated she was a Bama graduate and I was a bit surprised, as I have never been War Eagled by a bammer. I made some remark to her about how cordial she was to give a War Eagle. Alas, I didn't get the job <_<

I can't say I would ever War Eagle a Bama fan and it never even crossed my mind to say Roll Tide back to her :puke:

Every Bama fan I meet in Houston, our conversation typically goes like this....

"Roll Tide"

"Very cool, you are from Bama?"

"Yep"

"I graduated Auburn in 1994, how about you??"

"Oh, I didn't go there"

Would you ever want a Bama fan to say "Roll Tide" to you? I absolutely cannot stand that.

Exactly, I would rather not say anything to them.

I agree.

So i am in the Colorado area...in the mountains...and every Alabama fan i have seen out here i have War Eagled and i have gotten puzzled looks from them all. What else are you supposed to say to a bama fan when you see them in the street?

I always give them directions to the nearest homeless shelter or....let 'em know that the cops will bust 'em for prostitution. :moon:

So i am in the Colorado area...in the mountains...and every Alabama fan i have seen out here i have War Eagled and i have gotten puzzled looks from them all. What else are you supposed to say to a bama fan when you see them in the street?

I always give them directions to the nearest homeless shelter or....let 'em know that the cops will bust 'em for prostitution. :moon:

:roflol::roflol::roflol::roflol:

Nice, I was just in Colorado and got War Eagled in my hotel lobby in Colorado Springs. Beautiful state, I could see myself living there.

I do it all the time, I saw a UA guy in a decked out UA golf cart and I couldn't resist

I do it all the time, I saw a UA guy in a decked out UA golf cart and I couldn't resist

I'm sorry, but I don't see what the big deal is. If an Auburn fan "War Eagles" me, then I just say "Roll Tide back and we go about our own business. I really see it as a greeting between Auburn fans, just like Roll Tide is for us, but I am not offended if someone wants to say it to me. I guess that I just didn't understand that they were trying to offend me. I just thought we were kidding around and relaying our own special greetings.

I'm sorry, but I don't see what the big deal is. If an Auburn fan "War Eagles" me, then I just say "Roll Tide back and we go about our own business. I really see it as a greeting between Auburn fans, just like Roll Tide is for us, but I am not offended if someone wants to say it to me. I guess that I just didn't understand that they were trying to offend me. I just thought we were kidding around and relaying our own special greetings.

yeah just stating my alligence, not trying to upset of offend.

Not really appropriate, 'cause you are discussing smack talk, but I couldn't resist the urge to post this picture again. From "The Auburner."

wareaglechart.jpg

So according to the chart it was weird for me to tell the guy in an AU hat, War Eagle, at the baseball tourney at the GS Sportsplex yesterday.

I normally try and run them over in my car. If I'm not driving, I will just find teh nearest rock to throw at them.

It usually works out fine.

I do quite the opposite. I normally say ROLL TIDE to a Bama fan. They immediately let their guard down and want to engage in Bear Bryant conversation....at which I immediately punch them square in the nose and say WAR EAGLE sucker!

My wife made me stop doing that to bammer women and children though. Punches for men only now. B)

Archived