Tennessee fans

AUBURNJAC

OK,

Just this morning I got into an argument with a UT grad. Warning, the following will make you want to punch one!

So I'm talking to a UT GRAD this morning and I brought up the Bryce Brown incedent (which they didn't even know who he was!). I explained the situation and they acted really SHOCKED! They said "how did we get him in the first place" to which I explained that they were UT and even in down years they were going to be able to recruit, just like Alabama, Auburn, Georgia, Florida and LSU. They said..... Well, Auburn wasn't even good enough to play in the same division with us until a few years ago! Said that Auburn just moved up to play with them. I said "what do you mean". They replied "I'm just saying, Auburn was in a LOWER division and just now is good enough to play Tennessee". I said "Are you smoking crack?, Auburn is a FOUNDING MEMBER of the SEC"! "As a matter of fact, Auburn has beaten them 3 out of 4 times". They said, "well I was at the SEC game and UT won"! At this point, I new I was talking to a complete idiot. They would not let it go. I even drew a diagram of the SEC East and West to show them how it works and WHY we don't play them every year! Even then, they said, "but we play Georgia and Alabama every year". I said, you don't get it do you"? At this point, they said "Whatever, I don't care".........

Sorry to share my vent with you guys, but it was WAY WORSE than ANY Bama idiot I've ever encountered, and I PROMISE I was about 5 seconds from punching this person in the freaking nose. That's all, have a good day!

As a veteran of every AU/UT game since 1967 and numerous trips to Knoxville for the game, I can say with some authority that your experience was not at all atypical. Other fans of other schools have them trumped in some areas, but nobody tops the Big Orange when it comes to STUPID.

Try to point out to them that Auburn leads the all-time series and they say you're lying. Show it to them in a program and they say it's a mis-print. I saw this painted on a sheet henging from a dorm at Vanderbilt for the Vandy/UT game:

"Orange on back

Red on neck

Ain't worth a sheet".

That about nails it.

I've lived in the Nashville area 5 of the past 7 years. Sure UT has it's fair share of stupid fans, but as a whole they're not too bad. Especially when we beat them 3 times in 2003-2004 - That was a healthy does of "shut up juice" for most of 'em ;) Plus you could always use the "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" arguement with them, as they hate bama almost as bad as we do :roflol:

Now I'm moving to Birmingham - out of the frying pan and into the fire...

I live south of Nashville, and am very familiar with that "breed" of UT fan. Granted they aren't all like that, but the ones that are can be infuriating. My newest pet peeve is UT fans like that, who decided to jump from the sinking UT ship last season and have now swapped to being Bama fans. Ridiculous!

This person just happened to be UT fan this time but there is nothing more irritating than a clueless sports fan that trys to argue a point regardless of their team affiliation. Your dialogue with this person was hilarious though.

I went to the 04 SEC championship game. After I heard Rocky Top for the millionth time, there was a play in the third quarter when Jason Campbell was slow to get up. These inbred A holes started cheering and the band broke into yet another Rocky Flop. I have never seen such a classless bunch.

I have an in-law that told me back in the spring he was happy with UT hire and hopefully AU won't embarrass themself with our hire. I'm still waiting to bring that one back up. :)

I went to the 04 SEC championship game. After I heard Rocky Top for the millionth time, there was a play in the third quarter when Jason Campbell was slow to get up. These inbred A holes started cheering and the band broke into yet another Rocky Flop. I have never seen such a classless bunch.

In the SEC Championship game (early 2000s) between LSU-UT, I've never pulled more for LSU than after UT cheap-shotted Davies and LSU's top running back, #22 out of the game early. It was one of the dirtiest displays I've ever seen. Rocky Top can rot.

UT fans have never gotten over us beating them in K-noxville 7-0 in 1957 after they blew us out 35-7 in B'ham the year before. Nor, have they ever gotten over our victory 26-26 in Auburn when Stan White was a freshman.

I was there, and remember that!

I was there, and remember that!

I had never had such a sickening feeling in my stomach than to hear someone cheer over an injury. I paid a whole lot of money to see the 04 Georgia game when all of Auburn pulled for Reggie Brown after he was knocked out cold. I had never heard anytime in my life of another team cheering for an injury. What made it worse was we were in the endzone two sections away from the inbred band.

I live south of Nashville, and am very familiar with that "breed" of UT fan. Granted they aren't all like that, but the ones that are can be infuriating. My newest pet peeve is UT fans like that, who decided to jump from the sinking UT ship last season and have now swapped to being Bama fans. Ridiculous!

Don't tell me that. :banghead:

Old Classic

Why do Tenn wear orange?

Wear it to the game on Saturday.

Wear it to Church on Sunday.

Wear it picking up trash on the side of the road the rest of the week.

Don't tell me that. :banghead:

Yep, they are with you now!

OK,

Just this morning I got into an argument with a UT grad. Warning, the following will make you want to punch one!

So I'm talking to a UT GRAD this morning and I brought up the Bryce Brown incedent (which they didn't even know who he was!). I explained the situation and they acted really SHOCKED! They said "how did we get him in the first place" to which I explained that they were UT and even in down years they were going to be able to recruit, just like Alabama, Auburn, Georgia, Florida and LSU. They said..... Well, Auburn wasn't even good enough to play in the same division with us until a few years ago! Said that Auburn just moved up to play with them. I said "what do you mean". They replied "I'm just saying, Auburn was in a LOWER division and just now is good enough to play Tennessee". I said "Are you smoking crack?, Auburn is a FOUNDING MEMBER of the SEC"! "As a matter of fact, Auburn has beaten them 3 out of 4 times". They said, "well I was at the SEC game and UT won"! At this point, I new I was talking to a complete idiot. They would not let it go. I even drew a diagram of the SEC East and West to show them how it works and WHY we don't play them every year! Even then, they said, "but we play Georgia and Alabama every year". I said, you don't get it do you"? At this point, they said "Whatever, I don't care".........

You were talking w/ a chick , right ? Had to be. Don't sweat it.

I was on vacation with my family in Chattanooga in the summer before we hosted UT. I was pumping gas and the local "UT fan" next to me saw the Auburn tag on the front of my truck. He said that he thought the game would be a good one and would like to go to it, but that there was just no easy way to get there from here! I told him: "Yea, I-75 to Atlanta and I-85 to Auburn is just too complicated for some people!" Idiots...they walk among us!

I was on vacation with my family in Chattanooga in the summer before we hosted UT. I was pumping gas and the local "UT fan" next to me saw the Auburn tag on the front of my truck. He said that he thought the game would be a good one and would like to go to it, but that there was just no easy way to get there from here! I told him: "Yea, I-75 to Atlanta and I-85 to Auburn is just too complicated for some people!" Idiots...they walk among us!

No offense, but that was a pretty dick thing to say.

have you noticed with more and more technology people are becoming dumber.

Archived