auburn women vs. Kentucky

WarTiger

kentucky hits a 3 right off the opening tip. lead auburn early in lexington, 5-2. Kentucky is quite good and will want to run the floor fairly quickly. This is going to be a tough one for auburn to win.

Let's go tigers!!!

tigers trail 12-7 but aren't playing that bad right now. A few good defensive plays by kentucky that have gotten them turnovers and transition baskets is the difference to this point.

Could anybody get this game on TV? "SEC network" had UF/USC and no alternate for the Auburn game. Not that I'd really want to watch what I heard on my radio....

68-50 loss...25 turnovers, 18 in the first half alone. UK got ahead by 20 in the first half and from that point on it sounded like they were pretty much coasting.

I guess not that many people care, but Auburn is now 2-5 in the SEC and heading to Knoxville Thursday.

Three straight losses now, this one and the 63-49 pasting at Carolina wrapped around our 16th consecutive loss to Vandy. Things aren't looking too good. :no:

Could anybody get this game on TV? "SEC network" had UF/USC and no alternate for the Auburn game. Not that I'd really want to watch what I heard on my radio....

68-50 loss...25 turnovers, 18 in the first half alone. UK got ahead by 20 in the first half and from that point on it sounded like they were pretty much coasting.

I guess not that many people care, but Auburn is now 2-5 in the SEC and heading to Knoxville Thursday.

Three straight losses now, this one and the 63-49 pasting at Carolina wrapped around our 16th consecutive loss to Vandy. Things aren't looking too good. :no:

I watched it on tv. Kentucky is a really good team this year. They were very strong defensively and we are just young replacing 4 senior starters. The future is really good with the auburn women's program. We just have to get through this year first which is gonna be a long year I'm afraid. we had cut the lead to 10 with about 11 minutes to play, but they opened it back up.

How close do you follow this team? I'm curious, because it's pretty clear we are YOUNG and injured. We have three starters on the floor who aren't injured in some way. Just sayin'. I'm there most of the time (at least 80% of the time) and I can see why we are 2-5 in the SEC. We lost a ton of scoring and we have a lot of kids out there playing, some of which are playing hurt.

I follow them, but I'm not there 80% of the time. Of course we lost a ton of scoring. We lost a TEAM! That was predictable for at least three years, yet there has been no effort to reload until now.

I fear the thinking is to claim inexperience for two years, injuries for a third and a "tough draw" when we can't get by the second round of the NCAA in the fourth year.

The team that graduated last year had the talent to be in the Big Dance at least three years, advance far into the tournament two years, and make the final four last year. Unfortunately, they fell far short of that.

I'm sorry if others don't agree, but I've followed AU women's basketball for over 30 years now. I just don't see a better collection of raw talent than the last four years being put together any time soon, and the accomplishments of that talented group wasn't what it could have been.

I follow them, but I'm not there 80% of the time. Of course we lost a ton of scoring. We lost a TEAM! That was predictable for at least three years, yet there has been no effort to reload until now.

I fear the thinking is to claim inexperience for two years, injuries for a third and a "tough draw" when we can't get by the second round of the NCAA in the fourth year.

The team that graduated last year had the talent to be in the Big Dance at least three years, advance far into the tournament two years, and make the final four last year. Unfortunately, they fell far short of that.

I'm sorry if others don't agree, but I've followed AU women's basketball for over 30 years now. I just don't see a better collection of raw talent than the last four years being put together any time soon, and the accomplishments of that talented group wasn't what it could have been.

I think the incoming class will change that mindset about the program, but we will have to wait and see. We did have a lapse there that led to this season, but injuries haven't helped us either.

Archived