hypothetical season

ziggyg

After last nights W against MSU we sit 15-15. Everyone is calling for for Lebos head. We have played strong recently. How would feel if the ball bounced differently in the losses to ark,MSU,LSU and Ole Miss and we pulled those out sitting at 19-11? All it takes is couple of crazy bounces and luck to change a season. If that was case the bama game saturday could be win 20. How would that make you feel about lebo?

Losses to Troy, Sam Houston State and Missouri State this year....and all the other losses to mid major level teams over the last several years as a whole are what drive me crazy.....I can handle those "ball didnt bounce our way" losses to SEC teams...but not the losses that we shot 10% from the free throw line and lost to a team we should have ran out of the gym by halftime....that seems to be a staple with Lebo's teams.

It would make us first in the west with that record. Its not always how you start season but how you close it out and this team and has got better through out season.

Considering the West was the weakest West in many years proves how much we suck. He should have been let go 2 yrs ago. I quit wasting my breath over him many games ago.

Well, us internet wizards may think one thing, but at the ceremonial net-cutting down after the last game in BEMC, Lebo got a really nice ovation when introduced. Probably more-so than anyone, even Joe Champi and Doc Robinson.

It appears that Lebo's not as unpopular IRL as he is on message boards.

It would make us first in the west with that record. Its not always how you start season but how you close it out and this team and has got better through out season.

Your right...its not always how you start out....but when you consistently start out with bad losses to inferior teams and are struggle through conference play (during some of the most mediocore years of SEC basketball...specifically the Western Division)...what do you really expect when your team gets semi hot down the stretch....that only frustrates me even more.

I like Lebo...i think he's a good guy and has a good basketball mind and i realize he has had a tough road while at AU...but at some point Lebo has to be held responsible for the direction of this program....period.

The question after 6 years of the Lebo era is "When will this program turn the corner and take the next step?" As others have said, Lebo is a good coach but is he the right coach for this program? 1 NIT appearance in 6 seasons is not the level of progress Auburn fans should expect from their basketball program. If I were Jay Jacobs, I'd try to hire Tony Barbee of UTEP. Good recruiter, good strategist and as a former Calipari player/assistant, he has the drive that is needed to make an impact in the SEC.

Archived