BCS Tickets - What would you do?

hikerdns

I am probably going to the game without tickets before I pay these absurd prices F making these guys richer. Usually find tickets cheaper at the venue.

I hope to go watch AU win then I will probably NEVER attend another bowl game.

We are ALL paying just to make John Junker's wallet even richer. None of the loot we are forking out helps Auburn. It helps a bunch of rich old dude wearing hideous blazers who can travel to the best games and party all weekend at our expense.

Here is the business model lets bring two teams throw them just enough tickets to appease them and make a killing. Hell I wonder if the AU marching band

is paying the bowl game for the right to play?

Anyone who thinks this is the best economic model for athletic departments and universities is crazy.

AUgrad00,If you haven't read this book yet, you really need to!

Screen_shot_2010-10-13_at_3.21.39_PM.png

I have read it great book.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I would hesitate about counting on picking up tickets outside the stadium. Last year is not a valid comparison. The Rose Bowl holds about 40,000 more than the stadium in Glendale. That's a LOT more tickets floating around last time over what is available this year.

The Rose Bowl BCS game last year held 92,542, and this year's Fiesta Bowl BCS game is expected to hold just over 73,000. Still a large difference, but not 40k.

I based my statement on an online report that stated the Rose Bowl holds a little over 100,000 and the stadium in Glendale holds 63,000. Whether that's accurate or not I do not know.

I based my statement on an online report that stated the Rose Bowl holds a little over 100,000 and the stadium in Glendale holds 63,000. Whether that's accurate or not I do not know.

The nominal seating capacity at Glendale is 63,000 but can be expanded to 73,000 if needed. The 2008 Super Bowl there had an attendance of 71, 100.

http://www.eventticketscenter.com/Event.aspx?EventID=1953

Got club level from gotickets.com on the Auburn sideline, but not what the Auburn ticket office is telling me is the Auburn section (in in 227, Auburn section is northeast corner). I got them early, and they are going for nearly twice what I paid for them now.

Stay tuned. We've partnered with a broker to use economies of scale to get the AUFAMILY the best deals possible from a trusted ticket provider. More to come shortly...

Stay tuned. We've partnered with a broker to use economies of scale to get the AUFAMILY the best deals possible from a trusted ticket provider. More to come shortly...

Thanks Red... I'll be watching. I've already got my hotel and flight, so I've been waiting for the right time to pull the trigger on tix, and the finger has been itching lately. This is good news... It would be awesome to sit with a bunch of you guys!

any idea how soon? I've been itching to buy as well but was planning to wait till after Xmas to see if prices drop any.

Wow! This would be great. I am anxiously awaiting the details!

I think we all deep down inside have been hoping prices will fall - and maybe they eventually will, but at the same time, for those of us who really want to go, we can't just sit here and be oblivious to the facts of the situation. I think AUBroker makes a lot of good points in his post...

And if you compare his prices (including the 5% discount) with prices currently available on stubhub, ebay, etc., they are competitive, if not better. And of course, you don't have to worry about a scam/fake tickets.

Again, if you are interested in tickets, I'd shoot AUBroker and email and see what he can do for you. If nothing else, I've found him to be very responsive, informative and helpful.

Archived