QB Zeke Pike chooses AU!

WarTiger

This would be a huge early pick up if he commits to us Wednesday...

Five-star quarterback Zeke Pike has made his choice, and is ready to announce his decision.

"Zeke has decided to commit now," his father Mark Pike said. "He will make his announcement this Wednesday at 2:15pm at Dixie Heights High School in the auditorium."

Pike has over 40 offers from schools like Auburn, Michigan, Florida, Alabama, USC, Iowa, Purdue, Clemson, Georgia, and many others.

Stay tuned for more including Scout's prediction on where he will go and recent 7 on 7 highlights.

UPDATE - FINALISTS: Clemson, Michigan, Auburn, Arkansas, Tennessee, Purdue, North Carolina

http://auburn.scout.com/2/1065352.html

961430.jpg

Zeke Pike, QB

Edgewood, KY

6'5 / 220 / 4.7

Offers:

Alabama, Arkansas, Auburn, Boston College, Cincinnati, Clemson, Colorado, Florida, Florida State, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kentucky, Louisville, LSU, Michigan, Michigan State, North Carolina, Notre Dame, Oklahoma State, Penn State, Pittsburgh, Purdue, South Carolina, Syracuse, Tennessee, Texas A&M, Texas Tech, UCLA, USC, Virginia, West Virginia and Wisconsin, among others.

Notes:

- Visited AU multiple times.

- Attended the 2010 AU vs. UGA game.

- Attended 2011 A-Day game.

247Sports 5* (the247 -- 18)

Rivals 4* (Rivals100 -- 72)

Scout 5* (Top 250 -- 25)

Pike has excellent size, but he is not a statue. He can move and throw on the run very well. He has the arm to make all the throws and easily gets the ball down field. Having only started one season, he just needs to gain experience and improve on some of the little things like going through progressions and making quick reads. From a physical standpoint, he has it all and he's a hard worker who has put the time in towards getting better.

http://auburn.scout.com/a.z?s=6&p=8&c=1&nid=4533253

Highlights:

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This has got to be good news. I'd be curious on meta's or some one who follows recruiting closely thoughts. Clearly, Pike was towards the top of our QB board. I assume we'll only take one this year, sounds like he's jumping on it...

That kid right there knows how to throw the rock! My goodness he looks like a natural fit in the GM scheme.

I'd be curious on meta's or some one who follows recruiting closely thoughts.

I posted in the other thread that it looks like he is Auburn bound.

I'd be curious on meta's or some one who follows recruiting closely thoughts.

I posted in the other thread that it looks like he is Auburn bound.

How would you rank him - do you think he's No. 1 on our board? Is he comparable to a Jeff Driskel?

FWIW:

http://www.mlive.com/forums/umfb/index.ssf?extlink?artid=2059792

PIKE TO AUBURN

by umstud, 04/18/11 9:07 PM

I just talked to pikes girlfriend on facebook and she let the cat out of the bag. sorry michigan nation. at least we don't have to worry about hitting the refresh button on here or scout

Probably meaningless though.

FWIW:

http://www.mlive.com/forums/umfb/index.ssf?extlink?artid=2059792

PIKE TO AUBURN

by umstud, 04/18/11 9:07 PM

I just talked to pikes girlfriend on facebook and she let the cat out of the bag. sorry michigan nation. at least we don't have to worry about hitting the refresh button on here or scout

Probably meaningless though.

This is dumb. I just wanted to say that.

On topic, this guy is a monster. He is a passer and a runner. We did well with our last guy who could do both.

Oh its definitely dumb, but i was curious to read what michigan fans were thinking and thats what I found. Again, probably meaningless.

Do we know when he is announcing tomorrow? Web stream?

It written right there in the article I posted above. Do people not read these articles at all??

Do we know when he is announcing tomorrow? Web stream?

It written right there in the article I posted above. Do people not read these articles at all??

I prefer pictures. :poke:

thanks.

Hoke is on the scene and live tweeting: @JHokanson

In Kentucky today, headed to Dixie Heights (Ky.) QB Zeke Pike's announcement at 2:15 ET. #Auburn #Michigan #Clemson #Tennessee #Purdue

Just arrived at Dixie Heights High School, pretty legit place. Nice football facility.

Tennessee, Auburn, Purdue, Michigan, Arkansas logos taped to front of the table for Pike's announcement.

Archived