Eagle Statue in front of Coliseum is moving

RunInRed

Picture-425-548x360.png

The eagle in front of Beard-Eaves Memorial Coliseum is about to become a temporary casualty to construction.

Work on Auburn’s new Student Activities Center is displacing the eagle to parts currently unknown.

Read more: http://www.thewareaglereader.com/2011/05/the-colliseums-eagle-statue-is-moving/

does anyone know if/when they plan on tearing down the coliseum?

I believe that's the ultimate plan. Most seem to think it's going to end up being a parking deck. No idea on timing though.

It will be a few years.....with Sewell coming down and the new Student Wellness Center going up there's no way we can take it down until both of those projects have been completed.

does anyone know if/when they plan on tearing down the coliseum?

I believe that's the ultimate plan. Most seem to think it's going to end up being a parking deck. No idea on timing though.

I know that the HLHP is about to get a new facility for itself, as all of their offices and labs and classrooms are currently located in BEMC. Was in one of the alumni magazines from the EDU dept. Date of completion was for 2012 I believe. So they could be building it there. I would have to find the magazine and reread to see if it gives the location.

Here is the article:

http://www.education.auburn.edu/news/2011/april/build.html

Department of Kinesiology building on a site formerly occupied by Fisheries and Allied Aquacultures near Wire Road and adjacent to the outdoor swimming complex.

So it won't be on the BEMC site.

Finally, a new Student Center? Well about time. They were talking about that back when I was there. Where is it going to be located?

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Archived