Oregon Ducks release documents regarding scout Will Lyles

DaddyBoyAU

Personally, I like Oregon - sure, some of the fans were asses, but for the most part they were good fans. So I hate to see this stuff coming up:

The Price is Wrong, Ducks

Involves the recruitment of Lache Seastrunk, if I remember correctly we were in the mix for him.

Personally, I like Oregon - sure, some of the fans were asses, but for the most part they were good fans. So I hate to see this stuff coming up:

Involves the recruitment of Lache Seastrunk, if I remember correctly we were in the mix for him.

We were heavily in the mix for him. To the point that he was on camera at BCW talking trash to Bama. Then, suddenly, he ended up at Oregon. And the next time you saw him on camera, it was right before the BCSCG and he was talking about how he still wished he'd gone to Auburn.

We were never told. I can sort of understand that, since we don't want to hurt any players name that we are recruiting, but it usually eventually gets out.

• 2 weeks later...

We were heavily in the mix for him. To the point that he was on camera at BCW talking trash to Bama. Then, suddenly, he ended up at Oregon. And the next time you saw him on camera, it was right before the BCSCG and he was talking about how he still wished he'd gone to Auburn.

Not only did we stop recruiting him, but LSU, Texas and USC dropped off as well. And I'd heard all sorts of reasons why, but the most persistent one was the involvement of a streeti agent that set off alarm bells with our coaching staff and our compliance department. All of the sudden, just like Lache says in the interview you referenced, Auburn wouldn't call him back.

We quit recruiting him. I wonder why?

I think all this stuff about Lyles tells us why. All we knew, was somebody wanted money. We thought it was Lache or his mother. Also heard that some of the other players did not like him.

Archived