So who is our starting five this year...?

AUgrad00

With the addition of Valdez Ward and Johnson from Clemson? We gotta be better. This team should be much improved.

It's Varez Ward, but I agree with you. We should be very much improved. In fact, I think we'll be the most improved team in the SEC. As far as a starting 5, who knows. Should be interesting with the two additions you mentioned above. We'll likely see several different starting lineups early in the season for Barbee to see who plays well together is most productive.

I would be confident in saying that at least Josh Wallace, Kenny Gabriel and Frankie Sullivan will be starters. Beyond those, its up in the air.

With the addition of Valdez Ward and Johnson from Clemson? We gotta be better. This team should be much improved.

It's Varez Ward, but I agree with you. We should be very much improved. In fact, I think we'll be the most improved team in the SEC. As far as a starting 5, who knows. Should be interesting with the two additions you mentioned above. We'll likely see several different starting lineups early in the season for Barbee to see who plays well together is most productive.

I would be confident in saying that at least Josh Wallace, Kenny Gabriel and Frankie Sullivan will be starters. Beyond those, its up in the air.

Anybody know the status of Luke Cothron and Shawn Kemp?

neither player qualified. Here's the roster for 2011-2012

No. Name Pos. Height Ht. Wt. eligibility Class Hometown (Last School)

10 Josh Langford Guard 79 7-Jun 209 3 SO Huntsville, Ala. (Lee)

1 Varez Ward Guard 74 2-Jun 208 3 SO Montgomery, Ala. (Texas)

2 Allen Payne Forward 78 6-Jun 210 3 SO Cincinnati, Ohio (Winton Woods)

3 Chris Denson Guard 74 2-Jun 172 3 SO Columbus, Ga. (Shaw)

4 Cedrick McAfee Guard 75 3-Jun 175 1 FR Memphis, Tenn. (Melrose)

5 Bernard Morena Forward 80 8-Jun 190 1 FR Birmingham, Ala. (Central Park Christian Academy)

11* Josh Wallace Guard 70 10-May 170 5 JR Pensacola, Fla. (Booker T. Washington)

15 Tony Neysmith Guard 77 5-Jun 217 7 SR Norcross, Ga. (Oklahoma)

22 Kenny Gabriel Forward 80 8-Jun 209 7 SR Charlotte, N.C. (Paris (Texas) JC)

23 Frankie Sullivan Guard 73 1-Jun 206 5 JR Uniontown, Ala. (R.C. Hatch)

24* T.J. Rice Guard 69 9-May 160 3 SO Alpharetta, Ga. (Alpharetta)

25* Jake Drum Forward 77 5-Jun 253 7 SR Hoover, Ala. (Spain Park)

32 Noel Johnson Guard 78 6-Jun 200 3 SO Fayetteville, Ga. (Clemson)

41 Rob Chubb Center 82 10-Jun 242 5 JR Peachtree City, Ga. (Montverde (Fla.) Academy)

44* Dylan Spencer Guard 76 4-Jun 190 5 JR Birmingham, Ala. (Vestavia Hills)

45 Adrian Forbes Forward 80 8-Jun 232 7 SR Spanish Town, Jamaica (Trinity Valley (Texas) CC)

50 Willy Kouassi Center 82 10-Jun 219 1 FR Birmingham, Ala. (Central Park Christian Academy)

5 Bernard Morena Forward 80 8-Jun 190 1 FR Birmingham, Ala. (Central Park Christian Academy)

11* Josh Wallace Guard 70 10-May 170 5 JR Pensacola, Fla. (Booker T. Washington)

41 Rob Chubb Center 82 10-Jun 242 5 JR Peachtree City, Ga. (Montverde (Fla.) Academy)

45 Adrian Forbes Forward 80 8-Jun 232 7 SR Spanish Town, Jamaica (Trinity Valley (Texas) CC)

50 Willy Kouassi Center 82 10-Jun 219 1 FR Birmingham, Ala. (Central Park Christian Academy)

Actually, I doubt Josh Wallace plays much at all this year. He is a walk-on that only started and played as much as he did last year only because Frankie was hurt and Varez didn't win his appeal to play last season. Wallace may have been ok at getting steals or assists but he turned the ball over way to much and couldn't shoot at all or hit free throws. I expect Varez to be the main point guard and Frankie to be the back up point guard. For the starting 5 I'd say Varez at the point, Frankie at the 2, Kenny, Langford, and then some combo of Chubb, Forbes or Kouassi. I expect a lot of subbing in and out especially early in the season but I'm pretty sure the point is always going to be either Varez or Frankie.

Actually, I doubt Josh Wallace plays much at all this year. He is a walk-on that only started and played as much as he did last year only because Frankie was hurt and Varez didn't win his appeal to play last season. Wallace may have been ok at getting steals or assists but he turned the ball over way to much and couldn't shoot at all or hit free throws. I expect Varez to be the main point guard and Frankie to be the back up point guard. For the starting 5 I'd say Varez at the point, Frankie at the 2, Kenny, Langford, and then some combo of Chubb, Forbes or Kouassi. I expect a lot of subbing in and out especially early in the season but I'm pretty sure the point is always going to be either Varez or Frankie.

You don't know that. That is nothing but rampant speculation on your part. As far as your comments on Wallce, well, you are partially right. While he did turn the ball over quite a bit, there were other players that had more turnovers on the season than Wallace did, and Wallace lead the team with nearly DOUBLE the assists (120) of anybody else on the team. Also, as a point guard they aren't called on to be the scorer. Did you know he also had 75 rebounds? You may be right that Ward gets the start at guard, but I doubt seriously he will completely take over the spot and relegate Wallace to the bench like you seem to imply will happen.

Archived