War Eagle from Memorial Gym!!

tgr4lfe

Home cooking on fouls, AU W/ 6, VU W/ 0 & they missed 2 walking calls on VU then called fouls on us. Terrible!!!

I'm trying. The officiating the first 5 minutes was horrid.

Didn't help VU shot 56% from 3pt line & AU shot 28%. Just a really bad half of basketball.

We are terrible! Can't play a lick of defense or shot the ball. It's pathetic!!

Yeah, the refs aren't the reason AU can't play defense.

Oh no, not saying it was sole reason, it was another factor that definitely didn't help with our piss poor play. The few times at beginning where we forced bad shots, they got rewarded with a foul. Just a small contributing circumstance. When you can't play D or run your O & make 15 foot shots, that's just bad.

I am at the game can Barbee send me a check for the $75 bucks I waisted to watch this crap.

If you're going to take shots at people, learn to spell.

This was so hard to watch. Barbee's looks during the game, and his comments afterwords, just make it seem that he is super confused. I dont think he knows what to do with this team.

Not to take anything from Vandy, that was a GREAT defense, and an even better offense. They were making everything in sight.

Now, we still shouldve played better, thats no excuse.

I don't get it. This team looks worse than last year. How is that possible?

My thoughts exactly.

I tell you. I am hot. Auburn has lost 2 games in a row by 30 points has failed to make the tournament since 2003 and the expectation level is so low and the interest level is so low its just a blimp on the radar to most Auburn people.

Sorry the shape of the basketball program is unacceptable. Fans hold some accountability in this. Players dont want to play in half empty arenas. We need much better fan support. I get the December games may be empty but EVERY conference game should be a sell out no execuses.

Now the team's performance is also to blame. I am as loyal an Auburn person as can be went to Nashville yesterday and plan on making at least 2-3 home conference games (thats driving from Huntsville) but when its hard for the most hardcore fan to get excited imagine the casual fan.

Sitting in Memorial Gym and watching AU getting drilled is embarassing. Frankly the shape of our basketball program irks me more then the football team losing 5 games (so what they were young)

Do our fans care?

I saw Coach Stallings at lunch after the game. We asked why he didn't take it easy on us, etc (jokes, of course). He said "We played better than we have in a while on both ends, but you should definitely be patient and let him get some players in there. Give him (Barbee) a little time and you'll be fine".

But, as stated above, good recruits don't want to play in front of empty seats. It's a self-fulfilling prophecy. Fans don't go because the team is bad, so the coach can't get good players to buy in, so the team remains bad...

All that said, I was embarrassed by the play on the floor on Saturday. We didn't play perimeter defense at all, took bad shots and couldn't make the good ones we got looks at...we got manhandled on the glass and worst of all, we seem to play with such an erratic pace and out of control sometimes. Ugh!! Frustrating all the way around!!!

I saw Coach Stallings at lunch after the game. We asked why he didn't take it easy on us, etc (jokes, of course). He said "We played better than we have in a while on both ends, but you should definitely be patient and let him get some players in there. Give him (Barbee) a little time and you'll be fine".

But, as stated above, good recruits don't want to play in front of empty seats. It's a self-fulfilling prophecy. Fans don't go because the team is bad, so the coach can't get good players to buy in, so the team remains bad...

All that said, I was embarrassed by the play on the floor on Saturday. We didn't play perimeter defense at all, took bad shots and couldn't make the good ones we got looks at...we got manhandled on the glass and worst of all, we seem to play with such an erratic pace and out of control sometimes. Ugh!! Frustrating all the way around!!!

True that!! I will say I love Coach Stallings. A close friend coached his son's baseball team and said nothing but great things about him. Very nice guy. Your spot on with your second paragraph. Its a self-fulfilling prophecy.

Archived