Question about commmits

AUCorpsman

I never followed recruiting closely, until I found this site.  I just have one question.  Is it normal for so many top teir recruits to be so close to committing this early in the process.  Is this status quo, or as I hope, are we just that darned good?

:wedance:

Well, it's been changing over the last few years. Last year everyone was shocked at how many commitments Auburn had going into the season, and this year there are a dozen teams who have at least as many. To answer your question though, it's a little of both. There are some big time recruits that commit early to avoid the pressures of recruiting during their senior season, but this staff truly is doing a remarkable job of bringing in the "Big Cats"...

Well first of all, I have never seen a coaching staff at Auburn work as hard as this one has. Usually the big time players know the top 5 or so when their SR year begins. They usually take an official visit to the top schools. Then, they usually narrow it down to four and then in January take those four official visits. After that, they have already made their decision, then its time to commit.

Every year is different, sometimes the big time players make decisions early and sometimes they don't. You never really know b/c everyone is different.

I would like to add, I love what this coaching staff is doing recruiting wise. Coach Chizik said it right "Recruiting is like shaving. When you don't do it, it shows."

GREAT QUOTE!!

Either way the coaches are doing the best job in recent memory, just by the fact that everyone is talking about our recruiting.  When was the last time we felt like we were definately going to get two top 10 players.  I can't remember it 

:we:

I think it was Trooper who said that.

No, it was Coach Chizik that said it. Trooper just likes saying it too b/c he believes it!

I think it was Trooper who said that.

No, it was Coach Chizik that said it. Trooper just likes saying it too b/c he believes it!

Yeah.  Chizik was the first to be quoted as saying it.  Trooper, I believe, has said it a few times since.

Archived