Out of the three

Barney

Here is a question I have been asking myself.

Out of the big time backs Auburn is going after ( Dyer, Lattimore, and Seastrunk), if only one were to come to Auburn, which would you want?

I am going to go with Seastrunk, he looks like a great athlete and a very good kid. From the video's I've watch he has a pretty good attitude, but so does Dyer. The thing that made me choose Seastrunk is that he is from the heart of Texas, picking him out of Texas would look great for Auburn recruiting. Another reason is if he comes, I think someone else might follow (Reed) and maybe a couple others.

I was just wondering what other people thought.

I know it's all for fun, but we have to realize that in today's recruiting environment kids read this stuff.  We've just told each of the three that we don't want them.  Whether they see it that way or not, someone will use it against us.

It's why I hate people who actually post of the fb pages of these recruits.  Follow them, see what they have to say, but don't post on their pages, and don't argue with other schools about which team the recruit is better suited for. 

JMO.

Where did anyone say they don't want one of the recruits?

I think it's pretty clear that every Auburn football fan would love to have one of these kids playing for the program.

I'm one of these kids and I read everyone picks the other two kids but me, tells me they don't want me as much and maybe another team does.  You can't see that?

No one explicitly said they didn't want any of the kids.  But when you have a popularity contest centered around kids with egos,  you implicitly tell them that the other guy is better than them when a bunch of folks don't pick them.

Then again I've been around Auburn football long enough to know that bammer will do anything to bring us down and giving them ammo to do it just don't make sense.

I'll go with Dyer.  Not saying he's better than the other two, but I fear Lattimore and especially Seastrunk may be stringing us along while Dyer is keeping a low profile and not trying to make people guess where he's going.

I'm not smart enough to know which one is best for Auburn but I sure will be happy to welcome all 3 of them to the plains to make sure we get the best one.... :)

I think we definatly get Dyer

But if i could only choose one it would probably be Seastrunk. He has that game changing style of running that i think we need.

If Dyer and/or Lattimore are reading this I WOULD LOVE TO HAVE YALL TOO  :wedance::we:

But if i could only choose one it would probably be Seastrunk. He has that game changing style of running that i think we need.

If Dyer and/or Lattimore are readings this I WOULD LOVE TO HAVE YALL TOO  :wedance::we:

OK, that cracked me up.  Thanks Bud!

If Dyer and/or Lattimore are readings this I WOULD LOVE TO HAVE YALL TOO  :wedance::we:

OK, that cracked me up.  Thanks Bud!

No problem. I added that just for you ... and Dyer and Lattimore ...

Here is a question I have been asking myself.

Out of the big time backs Auburn is going after ( Dyer, Lattimore, and Seastrunk), if only one were to come to Auburn, which would you want?

I am going to go with Seastrunk, he looks like a great athlete and a very good kid. From the video's I've watch he has a pretty good attitude, but so does Dyer. The thing that made me choose Seastrunk is that he is from the heart of Texas, picking him out of Texas would look great for Auburn recruiting. Another reason is if he comes, I think someone else might follow (Reed) and maybe a couple others.

I was just wondering what other people thought.

My pick would be Dyer. He's somewhere between Barry Sanders and Maurice Jones Drew and will be a good future NFL running back in my opinion. Not that the other two won't be. I just think Dyer is the most can't miss of the three. He's got it all. Speed, Moves, Vision, Balance. He's the real deal.

I know it's all for fun, but we have to realize that in today's recruiting environment kids read this stuff.  We've just told each of the three that we don't want them.  Whether they see it that way or not, someone will use it against us.

It's why I hate people who actually post of the fb pages of these recruits.  Follow them, see what they have to say, but don't post on their pages, and don't argue with other schools about which team the recruit is better suited for. 

JMO.

Facebook is a powerful tool...What's dangerous is that these recruits are adding to their friends list anybody that asks. They don't know these people. It worries me. I mean, I could get on an LSU recruit's page and act like a corndog and use profanity and really do some damage to the recruitment. I'm definitely worried this will happen to us. This whole facebook thing will end up costing schools more than it helps them. and argueing via a recruits page is not the thing to do....

but, I must confess, I've put a friendly War Eagle on a few guys' pages. So call me crazy.

Sorry, my previous post was a little off topic...

It's hard to argue against any of these guys, but I would have to say Seastrunk because he will be packaged with Ahmad Dixon and Trovon Reed. 3 for 1 deal, imo.

I kinda thought the same thing with Lattimore and Eric Mack, but it looks like they will be at USCe.

And then you got Dyer and Dakota Moseley, so I don't know.

...it's hard to choose between these guys, and I don't think the coaches even choose. They are recruiting all three the same probably and whichever ones love AU enough to sign, then they will be thrilled. Be it just one of these guys, or all three.

I honestly believe that we CANNOT go wrong with any one or a combination of any two of these backs! I think they are all game changers! I just wish we could get one of them to commit cause I think that would make it easier for some of the other big names to pull the trigger! Don't see this happening for a while though imo. :dunno: But what the heck do I know? :P

JMO.

Facebook is a powerful tool...What's dangerous is that these recruits are adding to their friends list anybody that asks. They don't know these people. It worries me. I mean, I could get on an LSU recruit's page and act like a corndog and use profanity and really do some damage to the recruitment. I'm definitely worried this will happen to us. This whole facebook thing will end up costing schools more than it helps them. and argueing via a recruits page is not the thing to do....

but, I must confess, I've put a friendly War Eagle on a few guys' pages. So call me crazy.

That point that you made is exactly why I don't worry about Facebook or think it's a big deal that people post on their boards and such. Any time any one of those guys don't like anything said on their page, they can delete that person from their friends list. So, ultimately X recruit controls the whole thing. There are many people and fans who are uncomfortable about Facebook and I get it....But in my opinion, it's not a big deal. I wouldn't worry about it.

JMO.

That point that you made is exactly why I don't worry about Facebook or think it's a big deal that people post on their boards and such. Any time any one of those guys don't like anything said on their page, they can delete that person from their friends list. So, ultimately X recruit controls the whole thing. There are many people and fans who are uncomfortable about Facebook and I get it....But in my opinion, it's not a big deal. I wouldn't worry about it.

also all three of these RBs seem like they are very smart and wouldnt let something like that effect their decision. I have seen interviews of Dyer and Seastrunk, and I heard Lattimore sent letter to the coaches of the schools that didnt make his five. all seem VERY smart and nice

:tdau:

Each of them would represent AU well if one or all  ::) chose to sign on. If it is only one of the three then best of luck to the other two as they appear to be solid kids.

I'm guilty of posting on something said to a recruit on facebook, but it's because of my own arrogance.  I feel like I have good rebuttles and if someone is bashing AU on a board, I do take up for us, in a very polite insightful manor.  I try to represent what I'd like to think the majority of our fanbase would want, respectful, insightful, turthful and factual.  And like the previous poster said, the recruit himself can close down any post any time he feels like it.  I only bring positives to the table.  Well, there was this one time a Tenn fan tried to make me out to be vulgar cause i posted on Corey Lemoniers pic comments that his auburn hat looked damn good.  This 60 year old Tenn homer wanted to call me out saying i was the problem with society.. people that use the word damn.. lol... All i could say to him... war damn eagle! (i also told him if he'd like to further debate the use of the word damn he could do it on my wall that wasn't the place for it)

Archived