This game is so awesome!

vatz22au

I'd much rather pay someone $4 to do it for me, especially since I get all the names for every team. I don't have the time to do it for all the other teams and I don't like seeing "HB #24" on the back of a guy's jersey.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Last year i pre-ordered an GC version in huntsville so i could get a day earlier than the store in my home town. I drive over to pick up my copy, wait in line for about 45 min....i get up there and they say they won't get the GC version in til the next day. I made them give me my money back since they told me it would be there that day, and i wasn't coming back again the next day when i can just get it in decatur. GC arrives a day late this year too. I don't get it.

Ya I remember hearing that from another person today...i dont get it either but I can tell you that this game will live up to everything its been hyped about! I am smearing lsu right now 28-0 and the first half isnt even over. The homefield advantage really helps alot. Like on the opening drive, when the crowd in real life is real loud, it is in the game. Not only that, but lsu's recievers were dropping passes left and right because they were "rattled" from the crowd....really cool feature.

Thanks for some more info about the game..

Bg... The xbox version is slow.. If you change your camera angle, it could speed it up a lil bit.. Thats what I hear. I wish I had mine now..

Ps2 version I heard wasn't running slow..

Thats great cus I get mine in a lil while.....

Just trying to figure out some way to get a deal on it so I can convince the wife to go for it. ;)

Check any kind of local store that buys used games. A lot of people will steal the games and go trade them in.

I just got mine...it is great. Yes I took off today. For a few reasons, but I did manage to squeeze a game in.

1.) I dont know why people say the xbox version is slow...i think it played fine

2.) The running game is much improved. Probably because the blocking (especially pulling guards) is so much better. Instead of only being able to get the 4-5 yards up the middle...you can actually beat a slower LB to the corner. Ray Hudson and Ken Darby are good enough, ill bet RB and CW are just scary.

3.) Dropped passes are terrible (just like last year) I moved the AI slider up a little bit

4.) The team discipline thing is cool

5.) Whats up with the freaking grass stains?

6.) Night game atmosphere is much better than last years version

I figured out why i thought the running was slow. When you get in traffic, it does slow down some so that you can make moves with the rb. When you change direction now the back actually leans one direction or another. In the open field though, it's much like last year.

I have just clinched Auburn's first national championship under 'new' head coach pat dye. Williams won the heistman by a few hundred points, and we absolutely CRUSHED everybody but la-mon and msu.

You can customize your playbook. BUT you can not create plays. All they will let you do is choose 9 formations from the ones available (and all the plays that come with it).

Home field is pretty cool. I hope my 'hardest places to play' ranking improves this season.

BG is right, the grass stains are kind of silly.

and we absolutely CRUSHED everybody but la-mon and msu.

Learning Curve???

I had problems my first game against Bama (just did a quick game, but still won), but by the second game I played, had begun to get the hang of it.

One thing that's kinda cool with the home crowd. I was playing at Bryant-Denny, and toward the end of the game, had build a pretty sizeable lead, and you see the guys holding up signs shrug their shoulders, and leave. Pretty funny.

Yeah, i had a small curve there after a 7 hour nap.

Something else that they fixed is the schedule. UT rotates off after the first year and usc comes on.

Just went to my house and picked it up.... Now im back at working looking at the box until I get off at 7..

WAR EAGLE FOREVER

Play it on heisman and see how your season turns out ;)

im one of those who will play an 8-3 season and be happy...i dont have to beat everyone 65-3

im one of those who will play an 8-3 season and be happy

Can the fans throw...bricks...through any windows??? :D

Anyone figured out how long it takes to get your stadium ranking to go up? I've beaten 3 #1s in JH in the first 4 games of the year. (USC, OU, and LSU) Still #19 stadium

Anyone figured out how long it takes to get your stadium ranking to go up? I've beaten 3 #1s in JH in the first 4 games of the year. (USC, OU, and LSU) Still #19 stadium

I think it happens after each year..not each game.

I was gonna start Dynasty soon.... couple thoughts tho:

1) initially I liked 2004 better, but I'm coming around. The computer is a lot tougher in this version.

2) Too often when I deflect a pass on defense does the offense catch it in some fluke manner

3) In 2004, Caddy and Ronnie were substituting a lot more it seemed. Ronnie hardly gets in even when I'm running 10+ running plays per drive. I know I can change it, but just frustrates me a little, cuz I don't want to sub everyone as often.

4) I don't like how the announcers say often, "They get the stop!" even when its not even 3rd or 4th down. And OFTEN.... they say that even when the first down is made, which makes it confusing on really close calls.

5) Devin absolutely sucks ass in this game. In one game he was 0-12, so I put in Silas and he absolutely owned everyone. He played only in the 4th quarter and led a comeback single handidly and won Player of the Game honors.

6) I'm disappointed with Yosts' and Campbells ratings. I know I'm a campbell fan, but I seriously expected at least a 84 rating, was blown away by the 70 something. Yost, they gave as having no kicking power, which makes no sense seeing that he easily makes 57 yarders.

7) Why is that our stadium is now only 85,000+ in this game. I can see possibly missing the expansion, but to go down?

8) Graphics are much different. I don't like the amount of time between plays before getting to your play book. It used to be "press X right away ASAP and you are in you're playbook," but this is not the case anymore and that frustrates me cuz I like to play a quick pace.

Sorry if it sounds like I hate the game, I don't.... much different and I think for the better. Looking forward to a year of much enjoyment.

I was gonna start Dynasty soon.... couple thoughts tho:

1) initially I liked 2004 better, but I'm coming around. The computer is a lot tougher in this version.

2) Too often when I deflect a pass on defense does the offense catch it in some fluke manner

3) In 2004, Caddy and Ronnie were substituting a lot more it seemed. Ronnie hardly gets in even when I'm running 10+ running plays per drive. I know I can change it, but just frustrates me a little, cuz I don't want to sub everyone as often.

4) I don't like how the announcers say often, "They get the stop!" even when its not even 3rd or 4th down. And OFTEN.... they say that even when the first down is made, which makes it confusing on really close calls.

5) Devin absolutely sucks ass in this game. In one game he was 0-12, so I put in Silas and he absolutely owned everyone. He played only in the 4th quarter and led a comeback single handidly and won Player of the Game honors.

6) I'm disappointed with Yosts' and Campbells ratings. I know I'm a campbell fan, but I seriously expected at least a 84 rating, was blown away by the 70 something. Yost, they gave as having no kicking power, which makes no sense seeing that he easily makes 57 yarders.

7) Why is that our stadium is now only 85,000+ in this game. I can see possibly missing the expansion, but to go down?

8) Graphics are much different. I don't like the amount of time between plays before getting to your play book. It used to be "press X right away ASAP and you are in you're playbook," but this is not the case anymore and that frustrates me cuz I like to play a quick pace.

Sorry if it sounds like I hate the game, I don't.... much different and I think for the better. Looking forward to a year of much enjoyment.

Adding towards your comment at the end...I kind of like the timing change when picking your plays on defense and offense....On the online mode it really filters out the advance players between the average players....Most of your advance players will have all of there audible button combinations memorized and never huddle during there drive.

Also another thing I found if I ran Carnell like 7-9 times in a row, and they were big runs but also runs in which he was tackeled, and there are no timeouts...ill see ronnie out there and he'll play a good bit until the ball goes out of bounds or the clock stops somewhat. But I also found that if I were to run Carnell 3 straight times, and pass another 2...then run him about 4 straight times...he would still not be tired because I was passing the other plays.

One more thing, every year when I get the new Ncaa games I always have a tough time passing the ball in the beginning.....but you know that system you find when you play long enough, and just know if the guy will catch it or not?? Well I think thats what most of the people playing the game are going through...I am one of them. My first game I threw for 5-21.....Not good, not good at all. But in my like 10th game (played online) I threw 14-19....alot better than what I previously had done my first go at it. Just gotta get used to the new AI in the game, and once u do, its big time scorin for u buddy!

(Hey when you played The Citadel...when you looked at your matchup stick did you see how every player for their team was rattled and red???? Lol I thought that was so funny, all of my rbs and recievers were just having a field day....I even got to mass subsitute my 2nd team offense because Carnell already had his 4 tds and 226 rushing yards in the beginning of the 3rd quarter :lol: )

Anyone else tired of having to suspend players for rules violations? I think its a little over the top.

And believe me, if you are thinking of sliding a joke in here...ive already thought of it. ;)

Anyone else tired of having to suspend players for rules violations? I think its a little over the top.

And believe me, if you are thinking of sliding a joke in here...ive already thought of it. ;)

Can you see what a school like Miami is like? Are certain schools more apt to have this happen, or is it just random?

Before I make even more comments on the game I NEED SOME HELP WITH THE GAMEPLAY. I have x-box and I can't get the user celebrations to work, EVER. I do what the manual says but it just doesn't work. I'm getting pissed.

Can someone tell me exactly when to and which buttons to push to get these celebrations to come up?

Just wait until everybody graduates after the 04 season. The 05 team is WEAK. I'm struggling to win any SEC game.

I haven't noticed too much new with the announcers in the game, but I pretty much turn them way down, anyway.

My 'toughest places to play' ranking improved from 19 to 14 after 2004. Its a lot easier to get it loud now. I can only imagine how quick that will happen in 3-4 seasons.

Something I figured out 1/2 way through the 04 season is that Campbell is a stud on the option. He is fast, strong and elusive. Against FSU in the mnc game, he, Williams and Brown had over 100 yards rushing each.

What level do yall play? How long are the quaters?

I play all-american 8 min q's

Right now 4-0 but 4 weak teams...Ole mrs and arkansas suuuux!

What level do yall play? How long are the quaters?

I play all-american 8 min q's

Right now 4-0 but 4 weak teams...Ole mrs and arkansas suuuux!

That's exactly what I play. I just got the game last night and am still trying to get used to it. I've only played about 3 quarters (against Bama) and it was a defensive struggle - couldn't get anything going on offense. I'll probably start a Dynasty tonight but I need to practice to get used to the new plays.

I'm still at varsity and 3 minute quarters. Most of my games now are 21-0 or less. I've played 4 OT games in the 2006 season. All at home and all miracle wins.

Before I make even more comments on the game I NEED SOME HELP WITH THE GAMEPLAY. I have x-box and I can't get the user celebrations to work, EVER. I do what the manual says but it just doesn't work. I'm getting pissed.

Can someone tell me exactly when to and which buttons to push to get these celebrations to come up?

Just wait until everybody graduates after the 04 season. The 05 team is WEAK. I'm struggling to win any SEC game.

I haven't noticed too much new with the announcers in the game, but I pretty much turn them way down, anyway.

My 'toughest places to play' ranking improved from 19 to 14 after 2004. Its a lot easier to get it loud now. I can only imagine how quick that will happen in 3-4 seasons.

Something I figured out 1/2 way through the 04 season is that Campbell is a stud on the option. He is fast, strong and elusive. Against FSU in the mnc game, he, Williams and Brown had over 100 yards rushing each.

Ya when you score you have to press it like INSTANTLY right after you score.....I can get it to work on my xbox.

Just Beat ALABAMA in the Iron Bowl..........56-0.......to clinch SEC West

Caddy had 28 carries for 248 yards........4 TD's

Campbell 17-23 259 yard passing 3 TD's & 71 yds rushing

Choke on that BAMA..........

I played a few games and started our season.. I beat ul monroe 70-0.. I could have scored again at the end but I didn't wanna make the score any worse. I was scared in the early part of the game.. I didn't score any points in the first quarter.

Yeah our uniforms suck on the game.. They need to get our kickoff right 2.. its WARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR EAGLE HEYYY

not wareaglehey.

I really really really wish that we could get rights to the fight song so it could be added to the game.. That would make it a lot better..

In my first game Caddy had like 16 carries 196 yards and 7td's. I'm redshirting Tre smith.. Ronnie Brown had like 191 yards on like 8 carries and 2 tds.. Campbell was like 12-18 for 195 yards and 2 tds... He also ran in for 2 scores I think if I remember correctly.

I can't wait till I get home and play game# 2.

There was no commentary during the first game.. I guess cus it was ulmonre.

Archived