Computer illiterate here

tigerbill

I know I am old and not very computer savvy, but I can't get the icons above onto the text message. Can I ask for help without embarrassing myself?

tigerbill,

If you are using Internet Explorer I would switch to Mozilla Firefox. The you can have all of the problem solvers you need without having the headaches of Windows. I use a script blocker on Firefox because there are problems with scripts globally which has turned into a security issue.

http://www.tech-faq.com/javascript-void-0.shtml

Here's what a search will looks like on Google. I use Google for my home page, but it's comes standard with Mozilla Firefox web browser as a home page.

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&source=hp&q=javascript%3Avoid%280%29&btnG=Google+Search&aq=f&oq=&aqi=

Anyway, next time you get an error just save it, however you can, in notepad the Google it. Go to Google.com and paste it into the search bar and hit "Google Search". There are many technical forums that help people solve error problems with their computers, especially for Windows. That's how I got more into understanding my own PC and how to improve performance. Good Luck.

There's a possibility that your browser maybe outdated or not functioning properly. As wavector mentioned, FireFox is a very good browser which is recommended for using our site. Just download the latest version of Mozilla FireFox and everything should work just fine. You can also download the latest version of Internet Explorer from the Microsoft Download Center if you would rather not download FireFox. Below is the link to the Official FireFox Website:

firefox-logo-200x200.png

Official Firefox Website - Best browser ever in my opinion!

Hope this information helps, and that you enjoy the site, and WAR DAMN EAGLE!!

I'm using Firefox and have checked all the javascript functions to ensure they are enabled.  I'm still not getting anywhere.  But thanks for all the help

You need an plug-in. Java™ Platform Platform SE 6 U16 6.0.160.1 and

Shockwave Flash 10.0.42.34.

Open Firefox then click on tools and then add-ons.

In the upper left box that says "Get Add-ons. It should load a bunch of recommended add-ons and plugins.

Well, "javascript:void(0);" should be displayed in your browser's status bar (located at the bottom - see bottom left hand corner) when you hover (hold your cursor) over an emoticon, but the alternative text should be placed in the message body when you actually click on it. You are not going to see the actual image until you post the message.

For example the emoticon  :zapbama: would be represented by the text below:

Each emoticon has alternative text which represents it in the message body, and is replaced by the actual image in the finalized post. Are you saying that no alternative text appears when you click an emoticon? If so, have you updated FireFox recently? I hope we can get to the bottom of this.

Archived