D.J. Howard

AU PiZzA mAn

Who Will He Sign with?  

152 members have voted

1. 1. Who Will He Sign with?

• Auburn
    • Clemson
    • Kentucky

His latest interviews have actually sounded very favorable for us.  I think we could actually pull this one off, regardless of Lattimore signing with us.  Keep in mind his mom is a huge Auburn fan who can't necessarily take off a couple of days every week to travel to Clemson, South Carolina because of her job.  

I think in the end, he signs with Auburn based on distance alone.  He wants moms to be able to see him play!

His latest interviews have actually sounded very favorable for us.  I think we could actually pull this one off, regardless of Lattimore signing with us.  Keep in mind his mom is a huge Auburn fan who can't necessarily take off a couple of days every week to travel to Clemson, South Carolina because of her job.  

I think in the end, he signs with Auburn based on distance alone.  He wants moms to be able to see him play!

I believe he signs with Clemson.  I'll say it again.  At this point, I believe he's gone.  The chances don't look to bright for us. 

I think everything depends on what Latt does.

I believe you may be right. I just hope our coaches can keep him here. There is always room for play makers in CGM offense.  

I think everything depends on what Latt does.

I believe you may be right. I just hope our coaches can keep him here. There is always room for play makers in CGM offense.  

Well, consider that some insiders have said, AU has stopped recruiting him now.  So, that can either mean he's 100% AU or they know that Marcus Lattimore will commit and be content with him.

He loves Auburn. He simply does not love his chances at running back with two five stars coming in. Personally I think he could win himself reps no matter who else is present. I also think he would be far better off at Auburn than Clemson or Kentucky. He might just have the talent for the next level and would be cutting his chances at Kentucky or Clemson. I don't think he sees it that way though.

Well, consider that some insiders have said, AU has stopped recruiting him now.

Those insiders are wrong on this one. Auburn still has a high level of interest in Howard. They simply will not tell him he will start at running back. That would be entirely based on his performance. Of course the same is true at Clemson and Kentucky. The difference is Auburn will have a spectacular O-Line for years to come. If he does not make it at running back at Auburn he could switch to safety or transfer. Either way he would be fine. He is simply nervous.

Those insiders are wrong on this one. Auburn still has a high level of interest in Howard. They simply will not tell him he will start at running back. That would be entirely based on his performance. Of course the same is true at Clemson and Kentucky. The difference is Auburn will have a spectacular O-Line for years to come. If he does not make it at running back at Auburn he could switch to safety or transfer. Either way he would be fine. He is simply nervous.

And, you would know this is wrong, how? 

Logic.  Auburn has invested a lot of time in the Howard recruitment....no way we'd give up this late in the game.  Howard is a stud and our coaches know it.

Logic.  Auburn has invested a lot of time in the Howard recruitment....no way we'd give up this late in the game.  Howard is a stud and our coaches know it.

Unfortunately logic is not something to bank on in recruiting.  You hear one thing you dismiss it, but when you hear the same thing from several, then you start to see that it might be worth something. 

And, it's not giving up if they know Lattimore is committing. 

Heard that a Scout Mod is saying that if he takes the trip to UK, we will most likely offer his scholly to someone else.  Hope this is not true, 'cause I want him at AU...

I would like to keep DJ but if he decides to go elsewhere, I hope we offer Eric Russell.  He's a JUCO kid and could contribute immediately.

I think he Bleeds Orange & Blue. This kid has a huge upside and our coaches know it.

I just hope its not Clemson's Orange & Blue.

I would like to keep DJ but if he decides to go elsewhere, I hope we offer Eric Russell.  He's a JUCO kid and could contribute immediately.

Only problem is that juco Russell has not been offered by any Top 40 school-

I think he Bleeds Orange & Blue. This kid has a huge upside and our coaches know it.

Didn't realize Clemson had blue.  Am I missing something?   :dunno:

Didn't realize Clemson had blue.  Am I missing something?   :dunno:

It came from Auburn, their colors and the Tiger as well. They did modify the blue to purple, but kept the rest.: http://www.clemson.edu/about/traditions_landmarks.html

"The orange and purple began when Walter Merritt Riggs formed Clemson's first football team in 1896. Because Riggs had come from Agricultural and Mechanical College of Alabama (later renamed Auburn), he borrowed ideas from their team colors, orange and purple, and their mascot, the Tiger. Although the football team was known as the Tigers and often used "Eat 'Em Up, Tigers" as a slogan,......"

Now as to young Master Howard: On radio today, Phillip Marshall, he of "Auburn Undercover" fame,  pretty much stated outright that Howard and Auburn have come to a parting of the ways. Marshall said things can always change, but he expects Howard to go to either Clemson or Kentucky, whichever one does the best job of selling him that he'll be their go-to, every down RB. 

Archived