SEC Forecast: Ten Bold Predictions for 2010

UltraSwagnus

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/342655-sec-football-ten-bold-predictions-for-2010#page/2

1. Auburn wins the West

2. This will be Houston Nutt's last season at Ole Miss.

3. Kentucky won't win an SEC game.

4. Ryan Mallett will be at the Heisman Ceremony.

5. Mississippi State will go bowling.

6. Georgia will win the East.

7. John Brantley will be better than Tim Tebow.

8. Trent Richardson will be the SEC's top running back.

9. LSU will rebound in 2010.

10. South Carolina will beat Florida.

:party:

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/342655-sec-football-ten-bold-predictions-for-2010#page/2

1. Auburn wins the West

Those are some pretty crazy predictions. I'm going to disagree with....

10. Florida will be good again and win.

8. I don't see how he's the SEC's top RB. He's good. I'm not knocking him but Ingram is coming back and there are others I would give a better chance to. Heck, IF Fannin plays Ben Tates role from last year and can hold off Dyer, he might go off in this offense.

7. Brantly better than Tebow? Uhh....No.

6. UGA in the East? I don't see it. More likely FL. UGA seems like they're starting to have some problems to me.

I like the other predictions though. Some of them are bold too. KY should be able to beat Vandy you would think...and to pick us over the criminals is a pretty bold pick as well....But I like it.  :thumbsup:

1. Auburn wins the West

1. Love it

2. Don't love it but sure agree with it. All Nutts ever really been able to produce is a middle of the road team

3. Disagree. They will at least beat vandy

4. Disagree. Mallett might be a great qb, but playing at Arkansas really isn't the beat way to get heisman attention, especially is they don't end up with a great record

5. Totally agree. Ms is no longer a pushover team

6. Small possibility, but don't see it happening

7. - 10. Not gonna happen

Numbers 6 and 7 don't add up.  If Brantley is better than Tebow, there is no way Georgia beats them out in the East this year.

This is a valid point....  :thumbsup:

1. Auburn wins the West

#6-#10 are probable cause for a search warrant related to narcotics use.

Out of those 10, I think (8. Trent Richardson will be the SEC's top running back.) is the best prediction. The carries will split 50/50 with Ingram/Richardson. If Ingram is looking to opt for the draft early after next season, then I see him getting less carries and becoming more focused on staying healthy and handing over the reigns to Richardson. I thought Richardson was the better RB already last season, and he continually showed it throughout the season.

Go ahead and search me, sheriff, I'm clean.

I think Auburn winning the West is the next best prediction, but it will fall heavily on the development of our QB and his ability to lead the team. Our offense has all the pieces in place to shatter the numbers that were put up by our already potent offense of 2009. If our improved defensive depth and players returning from injuries (ie Savage, Etheridge) provide even marginal improvement, I think the offense will be able to win most games simply by outscoring the other team.

these are all shots in the dark. whoever wrote that article will probably be happy if any two of these come true. Brantley better than Tebow? seriously? Anyone could make a list of 10 random statements about the SEC

AUBURN wins West  :)  if they want it bad enough it will happen. It's obvious that Richardson is better than Ingram that’s why I laughed win he won the (what is now a popularity trophy) Heisman

:wareagle:

1. Auburn wins the West

I believe there is a good chance the Iron Bowl will decide the West.

Could be long year for the Rebels. They basically lost their offense from 2009.

Rich Brooks was a much better coach than he was given credit for. UK was very competitive despite lacking SEC talent. Just look at their recruiting classes.

Probably true but that dude has a major ego.

I can see that.

Nope, Florida will...again.

Better passer, yes but overall remains to be seen. Tebow was also a great leader for their offense and team. Can Brantley do the same. I do believe because Brantley is a better passer, their offense will be more dangerous in 2010 because the ball wll be spread around more often than under Tebow.

He is a beast but he will have to split carries with their (cough) Heisman winner.

50/50 on that one.

USCe better produce this year or it might be Spurrier's last season.

Man would I love for #1 too come true. Not sure how realistic it is cause the west is gonna be tough next year from top to bottom. Ole miss is the only team I really expect to not be as good as last year.

If Brantley is better than Tebow, USCe won't beat them and UGA won't win the East. Kinda contradicting points I'd say...

Just being picky, i like the predictions though

::) I thought the same...

Id laugh out loud if Ingram lost his job to Richardson, although its kinda expected to happen.

It happened in the Iron Bowl! We made him quit! :beatmullet:

I thot the same thing.  It looked to me like he wanted NO PART of the AUBURN D that Saturday.  Then he wins the Heisman. 

Archived