Is it a possibility?

Tiger Growlin

So you want me to support Lebo? It's our job to support him. We need to be at basketball games supporting this team. Auburn is so much more than winning and losing!

I have supported Lebo! I have supported him for the better part of 6 years! I have supported the basketball team. I GO to the basketball games. Yes Auburn is more than just winning and losing. I will tell you this though, coaching is still a business. You have to win to keep you job. Just like I have to do my job and you have to do yours. If you don't, they send you on your way. Lebo is no different. He has proved time and time again that he can't cut it. I like Lebo as a man. He has run a clean program as well. He's just not the guy we need in Auburn.

Why is it that in football, if the team under-performs, everyone is happy if they run off a few assistant coaches, but no one mentions that with basketball.  I personally have no idea how good Auburn's assistants are.  Would we be better off with a great recruiter assistant than Lebo's dad?  Look what Chiziks' assistants have done to re-vitalize the football team.  Of course, it's Lebo's job to have the best assistants possible.  Is he doing his job?

Your talking about managing 100 players vs. 15 players. The assistants have a lot more weigh in football (most of the time they are calling the plays, more one on one time, etc).

I dont necessarily like the on court results of CJL but he has cleaned up our program. When he came we had a lot of problems with kids missing classes and not graduating. On court is very important to us but what the young men do with their life off the court should also matter and CJL has helped many of his players.

I think that we as fans of Auburn  are supposed support whoever is coaching which ever team no matter what sport or the coaches record. We all know that Lebo has a losing percentage against SEC schools and barely a .500 overall. It is Jacobs job to hire and fire whomever he likes and it is ours to support that decision, not agree but support. As I can tell Auburn fans have not supported basketball like we should. Fans in home games make it very hard on the visiting team, it is a 6th man for us. Look at the UK game. It is understandable that on weekdays people cannot make it to the game because of school, work, etc. but weekend games are different. Beard-Eaves should be packed on weekends and the game against Ark. saturday was nowhere near packed. It was pathetic. To build a successful program they need support. No "big time" player will want to play in an empty coliseum.

With saying that we should try and get the coliseum packed for these last few Saturday games. Show the team and coach, whether you want him gone or not, support. Then carry it over into the next season in the new "Auburn Arena"

:we:

Agreed...Auburn is so much more then wins and losses and whomever represents Auburn should be supported while they are doing so...

I agree! Only 2 home games left. LSU comes to town Saturday! Let's pack the stands in Beard Eaves and support OUR Tigers! War Eagle!

The reason the Auburn family does not embrace Auburn basketball is because Auburn basketball is so inconsistent. For 6 years, we have had a product that never sustained any  success. I have watched for 6 years now an Auburn team that plays undisciplined, undersized, run, little to no offensive sets, misses free throws, and gets out coached late in the game. No matter wether we find a way to get to .500 or not, the Auburn family should not tolerate or accept 6 lackluster years of basketball. A coach in his 6th year should not be allowed to return who starts 4 seniors and has a losing record at any Division 1 school and especially not at Auburn.

To get to the NCAAs Auburn will have to win the SEC tourny and nothing less. To get to the NIT I would think we need to win 3 out of our last 4 and win a game or two in the SEC tourny. This has been a very disapointing and frustrating season. Even if Lebo manages to win the SEC, I think he needs to go. When you look at the whole body of work in 6 years its been disapointing and under Lebo I see no significant improvement. All I see is Auburn being subpar and mediocre. That being said, WAR EAGLE always and forever.

:wedance:

I think that we as fans of Auburn  are supposed support whoever is coaching which ever team no matter what sport or the coaches record. We all know that Lebo has a losing percentage against SEC schools and barely a .500 overall. It is Jacobs job to hire and fire whomever he likes and it is ours to support that decision, not agree but support. As I can tell Auburn fans have not supported basketball like we should. Fans in home games make it very hard on the visiting team, it is a 6th man for us. Look at the UK game. It is understandable that on weekdays people cannot make it to the game because of school, work, etc. but weekend games are different. Beard-Eaves should be packed on weekends and the game against Ark. saturday was nowhere near packed. It was pathetic. To build a successful program they need support. No "big time" player will want to play in an empty coliseum.

With saying that we should try and get the coliseum packed for these last few Saturday games. Show the team and coach, whether you want him gone or not, support. Then carry it over into the next season in the new "Auburn Arena"

Why should anyone waste money in times like these to go and watch a poor product?

How is it a waste when you are supporting your team? They are not a poor product. They have the ability to play with any team they play, again look at the Kentucky game. As mentioned before, if they had more support from a fan base maybe things would be different. However I would not say it is a waste of money.

They are soo a poor product. They also have the ability to loose to any team they play. If you want to look at a close loss to UK as a guage to how good the team can be thats fine. But what about the losses to Missouri St., UCF, Troy, Sam Houston and a 3-8 confence record? I know some will say support the team no matter what, and I agree, but it is difficult to go watch Auburn play when you can see the same type of game at your nearest rec. center. Lebo is a fantastic guy but the results are what they are. There is no way to justify having him coach another year.

while the games may not be the best i still believe in supporting your team.  I am a student and have talked to players and they said the UK game was amazing and shocking at the same time.  Many of them said it was so crazy having a full house, they are not used to it.  They said it can be hard at times to boost morale when you cant fill the first section and your away games are played against packed stadiums.  I think we need to pack these last two games and alot of games next year if we want to be successfull.  JJ will be more inclined to pay the money and players will me more inspired to come if we are there.  we cant just sit back and wait, we need to be proactive in the rebirth of AU basketball to its glory.  I really want some seasons like the 90's again where i was begging my dad to take me to a game, but to get that we need to show up and show the school and players we are behind them

Why should anyone waste money in times like these to go and watch a poor product?

How is it a waste when you are supporting your team? They are not a poor product. They have the ability to play with any team they play, again look at the Kentucky game. As mentioned before, if they had more support from a fan base maybe things would be different. However I would not say it is a waste of money.

They are soo a poor product. They also have the ability to loose to any team they play. If you want to look at a close loss to UK as a guage to how good the team can be thats fine. But what about the losses to Missouri St., UCF, Troy, Sam Houston and a 3-8 confence record? I know some will say support the team no matter what, and I agree, but it is difficult to go watch Auburn play when you can see the same type of game at your nearest rec. center. Lebo is a fantastic guy but the results are what they are. There is no way to justify having him coach another year.

Every team has the ability to lose any time they step on a court or field, not just Auburn. It is part of the thrill. I agree that it is hard to justify having him coach again. It is all part of the business.

while the games may not be the best i still believe in supporting your team.  I am a student and have talked to players and they said the UK game was amazing and shocking at the same time.  Many of them said it was so crazy having a full house, they are not used to it.  They said it can be hard at times to boost morale when you cant fill the first section and your away games are played against packed stadiums.  I think we need to pack these last two games and alot of games next year if we want to be successfull.  JJ will be more inclined to pay the money and players will me more inspired to come if we are there.  we cant just sit back and wait, we need to be proactive in the rebirth of AU basketball to its glory.  I really want some seasons like the 90's again where i was begging my dad to take me to a game, but to get that we need to show up and show the school and players we are behind them

Amen

When the basketball team was having success under Cliff Ellis the house was packed night in and night out. That's because there was a good product on the floor and wins to show for it. The women's team played in front of pretty good crowds last year because it was a winning product. Nobody wants to spend their hard earned cash to watch losing basketball. Yes the crowd can make a difference in a game and help give the team a little momentum and energy to play harder. At the end of the day, it's not about the flashy name coach or the flashy new arena. It's about a winning product. Regardless of who the coach is, whether it's Lebo or not, if he puts the right product on the floor the fans will put their buts in the seats.

War Eagle!

well in the end Lebo cant win the games by himself... the players have to chip in some too.

just saying.

I know whats coming... go ahead and rip me a new one

I am not going to rip you, but who recruited these players?

Archived