Is it a possibility?

Tiger Growlin

I have been as critical of CJL as anyone here as of late. But as bad as this season has been, there is still an outside shot that he can bring some salvage to the season. Win the last four and finish at .500 in the league. Just wondering if this somehow happens and we get lucky and win a game or two in the SEC Tournament, would you throw your support behind Lebo once again or would it be too little too late? Me personally I can accept some of these league losses but the losses to Troy, Sam Houston State and other should be wins before conference play is more than I can live with.

I have been as critical of CJL as anyone here as of late. But as bad as this season has been, there is still an outside shot that he can bring some salvage to the season. Win the last four and finish at .500 in the league. Just wondering if this somehow happens and we get lucky and win a game or two in the SEC Tournament, would you throw your support behind Lebo once again or would it be too little too late? Me personally I can accept some of these league losses but the losses to Troy, Sam Houston State and other should be wins before conference play is more than I can live with.

Lebo has my full support. thats all im saying

Lebo has my full support. thats all im saying

I am with you. Troy has a decent team and it was only a matter of time until they broke their losing drought to us. Sam Houston on the other hand is a good team. If I remember correctly they gave the currently ranked #2 Kentucky team a run for their money.

Winning a few games at the end of the season would do nothing to change Lebo's performance as a whole in his tenure at AU. The bb program is simply terrible and I can't see how after 6 years, it is going to get better with Lebo running things. He has had ample time to get players he has recruited running his system and you see the result. Heck, we start 4 Seniors, if anything, this should tell you what the Lebo system can do in the SEC. Sorry, but time for a change.

I don't care if Lebo and the Tigers win the SEC tournament. I believe Lebo should be out because he is very inconsistent. And the games that we do win, Auburn wins by the 3 ball and i hate living by the three ball.

I love Jeff Lebo as a guy, but I want the best for my Tigers and he's not the BEST CHOICE anymore  :'(

Guest Autiger88

He would have to win the SEC tourney. Then make it to the elite 8 in order for me to even consider him returning.

I dissagree I think he stays no matter what IMO

If he could pull off a Sonny Smith back in the 80"s and win the SEC tournament he would definitely stay and deserve too...

For arguments sake, if we did indeed run the tables at the SEC tourney and make it to the NCAA's, I think Lebo comes back no doubt. Whether that justifies his return or not is another matter. However, I feel it is pretty reasonable to say that is a longshot at best. I have a sinking feeling though that Lebo makes it another year regardless of what happens the rest of this season. :(

For arguments sake, if we did indeed run the tables at the SEC tourney and make it to the NCAA's, I think Lebo comes back no doubt. Whether that justifies his return or not is another matter. However, I feel it is pretty reasonable to say that is a longshot at best. I have a sinking feeling though that Lebo makes it another year regardless of what happens the rest of this season. :(

I agree 100% with everything that you said with the exception of him coming back which I agree with at about a 75% chance. I think most likely they will bring him back...

I think that we as fans of Auburn  are supposed support whoever is coaching which ever team no matter what sport or the coaches record. We all know that Lebo has a losing percentage against SEC schools and barely a .500 overall. It is Jacobs job to hire and fire whomever he likes and it is ours to support that decision, not agree but support. As I can tell Auburn fans have not supported basketball like we should. Fans in home games make it very hard on the visiting team, it is a 6th man for us. Look at the UK game. It is understandable that on weekdays people cannot make it to the game because of school, work, etc. but weekend games are different. Beard-Eaves should be packed on weekends and the game against Ark. saturday was nowhere near packed. It was pathetic. To build a successful program they need support. No "big time" player will want to play in an empty coliseum.

With saying that we should try and get the coliseum packed for these last few Saturday games. Show the team and coach, whether you want him gone or not, support. Then carry it over into the next season in the new "Auburn Arena"

:we:

I think that we as fans of Auburn  are supposed support whoever is coaching which ever team no matter what sport or the coaches record. We all know that Lebo has a losing percentage against SEC schools and barely a .500 overall. It is Jacobs job to hire and fire whomever he likes and it is ours to support that decision, not agree but support. As I can tell Auburn fans have not supported basketball like we should. Fans in home games make it very hard on the visiting team, it is a 6th man for us. Look at the UK game. It is understandable that on weekdays people cannot make it to the game because of school, work, etc. but weekend games are different. Beard-Eaves should be packed on weekends and the game against Ark. saturday was nowhere near packed. It was pathetic. To build a successful program they need support. No "big time" player will want to play in an empty coliseum.

With saying that we should try and get the coliseum packed for these last few Saturday games. Show the team and coach, whether you want him gone or not, support. Then carry it over into the next season in the new "Auburn Arena"

Agreed...Auburn is so much more then wins and losses and whomever represents Auburn should be supported while they are doing so...

well in the end Lebo cant win the games by himself... the players have to chip in some too.

just saying.

I know whats coming... go ahead and rip me a new one

You are right, yes it does come down to the players performance ultimately. Unfortunatley, every college coach in America's job security is based on their players performance-call it a job hazard. As we all know, unlike high school where you have to play with players who live in the district, all of our current players were recruited and signed by Lebo. He evaluated their talent level, wanted them and put his future in them as does every coach at every University. The ability to surround yourself with great players and coaches is just as much a part of the job as the X's and O's. We have a severe lack of overall talent in the BB program and after 6 seasons, you see is what you get with Lebo. For what it's worth, for a variety of reasons, I think he stays after this season.

well in the end Lebo cant win the games by himself... the players have to chip in some too.

just saying.

I know whats coming... go ahead and rip me a new one

You are right, yes it does come down to the players performance ultimately. Unfortunatley, every college coach in America's job security is based on their players performance-call it a job hazard. As we all know, unlike high school where you have to play with players who live in the district, all of our current players were recruited and signed by Lebo. He evaluated their talent level, wanted them and put his future in them as does every coach at every University. The ability to surround yourself with great players and coaches is just as much a part of the job as the X's and O's. We have a severe lack of overall talent in the BB program and after 6 seasons, you see is what you get with Lebo. For what it's worth, for a variety of reasons, I think he stays after this season.

cant argue with this ^^^ very nicely put my friend

Too little too late.  New arena will improve our situation during the coaching search. Next year is a critcle point. We will have a lot of positives with new arena, higher attendance, new coach (maybe), new buzz. If we don't have a stellar recruiting class next year, we will never take the program to the next level.

I love our guys and support them.  I listen to almost every game.  I wish all there hard work paid off more often.

We have yet to hear from the decision maker about Lebo's future. Concerning Gillispie, he's a drunk. There was a lot of negative stuff going on in Lexington besides his teams performance. We don't need him.

Why should anyone waste money in times like these to go and watch a poor product?

What is the general consensus on Billy Gillispie?  He is not coaching at all as far as I know.  He could be a quality coach for a bargain. 

He had a DUI late last summer and eventually went to rehab. Not exactly what we need at Auburn.

Why should anyone waste money in times like these to go and watch a poor product?

How is it a waste when you are supporting your team? They are not a poor product. They have the ability to play with any team they play, again look at the Kentucky game. As mentioned before, if they had more support from a fan base maybe things would be different. However I would not say it is a waste of money.

Why is it that in football, if the team under-performs, everyone is happy if they run off a few assistant coaches, but no one mentions that with basketball.  I personally have no idea how good Auburn's assistants are.  Would we be better off with a great recruiter assistant than Lebo's dad?  Look what Chiziks' assistants have done to re-vitalize the football team.  Of course, it's Lebo's job to have the best assistants possible.  Is he doing his job?

I think Lebo stays, but i thought about his staff as well, can anybody name one of them besides his dad? Didn't think so. So do you think recruits know? Me either. If he stays I say it will be after some serious staff changes are made. True, we need to support our team and pack out the gym regularly, cuz in case it hasn't been noticed we play better in front of big crowds. I also think we need Tiger Walk for every major game in the new arena. If we do this and win some games the BB program will be on the way up. Will Lebo do this? I don't know, but if he comes back things must change immediately. If we get a new coach he has to accomplish these things in a short order, no 5+ years rebuilding project, either we win now or keep Lebo and make sure things will get better.

:wareagle::wedance::party:

Archived