Tony Barbee

auburn4ever

Tony Barbee might be a good coach for us. I like what I read about him. Hopefully Jacobs will open his eyes and bring in a guy who can really coach and recruit the top players. But if he doesn't, then we'll all being singing these same song next March.

Recruiting's a concern? Jeff Lebo has already signed the #5 recruiting class for Auburn this year. Just sayin'.

Link:http://auburntigers.cstv.com/sports/m-baskbl/spec-rel/111809aaa.html

I have a quick trigger, but want to give Lebo one more year.  But  grew up in North Carolina.  Just me.

Just a point...That top 5 recruiting class was not judged by Scout, Rivals, or ESPN.  I am not saying it wasn't valid, but the ratings are on a sliding scale, so if you are able to recruit more players, your score for the class is higher.  Not an indication that you are bringing in the top talent.

:wedance:

Just a point...That top 5 recruiting class was not judged by Scout, Rivals, or ESPN.   I am not saying it wasn't valid, but the ratings are on a sliding scale, so if you are able to recruit more players, your score for the class is higher.  Not an indication that you are bringing in the top talent.

I just went step by step on how misleading Hoop Scoop is.  I would be embarrassed to claim that if I was Lebo, but he put it out there that this is a top class. 

If Jacobs can't or won't let himself see all of this, then he's way out of touch with the real world.

Just a point...That top 5 recruiting class was not judged by Scout, Rivals, or ESPN.   I am not saying it wasn't valid, but the ratings are on a sliding scale, so if you are able to recruit more players, your score for the class is higher.  Not an indication that you are bringing in the top talent.

I just went step by step on how misleading Hoop Scoop is.  I would be embarrassed to claim that if I was Lebo, but he put it out there that this is a top class. 

I just saw your post...great work!  I have been saying that for a while now, but no one wants all the facts about that rating.  They just want to shout about how Lebo has this great class coming in.

If I remember correctly, bb players have an early signing period, so if we did get another coach, we still keep the class. I know they are already signed but the fact that we have a good incoming class is a plus to any possible coaching candidates. The problem w/ our recruiting is that we have too many juco guys....that quick fix mentality is only for the first year or two of building some depth on the bench, but 6 years later we can't rely on juco guys. Granted guys like Tay Waller came from juco, but I would rather have someone of his skill for 4 years instead of two.

Archived