I support Lebo because I think he can coach

jgforau

What game am I watching?!? I just fell out of my chair laughing! I'm watching the same game for the past 6 years. There have been a lot of people on this board ask the Lebo supporters what they would say if this was football and not basketball. I don't think I've seen one straight answer yet. Stop making excuses for the guy. He's a good guy and runs a clean program. We've been over that a thousand times. That still doesn't win basketball games. Business is business and personal is personal. Even our former basketball players say he doesn't have a clue about X's and O's. It is just amazing to me that you guys are happy with this below average mess. If we do keep him another year... what will he have to do to keep his job next year? SEC champs? NCAA tourney bid? If you think either one of those are possible I've got some property I want to sell you!!! 

I will be honest about this and admit i watch Auburn basketball about as much as a watch Dinosaurs run around in my front yard.  I heard an interesting statistic yesterday on sports call If Lebo loses the first game in the SEC tournament his overall record will be 96 and 93.  I'm not genius but that is DEFINITELY not getting it done.  That isn't knowing your x's and o's in my opinion.  I agree his first two years were tough, but he has had three recruiting classes to get it right, and he needs to learn to have an inside game and condition his players better.

I will be honest about this and admit i watch Auburn basketball about as much as a watch Dinosaurs run around in my front yard.  I heard an interesting statistic yesterday on sports call If Lebo loses the first game in the SEC tournament his overall record will be 96 and 93.  I'm not genius but that is DEFINITELY not getting it done.  That isn't knowing your x's and o's in my opinion.  I agree his first two years were tough, but he has had three recruiting classes to get it right, and he needs to learn to have an inside game and condition his players better.

yea listening to sports call yesterday and finding out new info on Jeff Lebo I want him fired even more now, he never goes out to build up our program, he's never on espn, he can't recruit well, anyways sports call opened up my eyes

It's not an excuse that we don't have players. It is a fact. It is the head coaches job to get good players into the program and develop them and so far he has failed miserably at getting the players into the program. With that I agree with most of what you posted but that has nothing to do with him knowing his x's and o's.

Wow, these excuses for Lebo are astounding- too bad Lebo has to have excuses made up for him. The man is not going to get it done at AU. 6 seasons in and the program is terrible. Recruiting is bad. We play like an average YMCA team. By the way, for those making excuses about the players, you realize every single player on this team was recruited and signed by.....Lebo? It's the players and the coaches. The whole program that is bad. WDE.

You can be an honest head coach in the SEC and still be able to win games. JL is honest but he hasn't won those games.

Guest War Eagle 29

I also support Lebo since I think he has had some really tough breaks (AU really earned and deserved a trip to NCAA last year IMO) and I am not sure if any one could have overcome the bad luck any better (call me paranoid but do you think Vot might have gotten a medical redshirt and hence another year if he played at KY?).  I am afraid that many sincere AU basketball fans are extremely knowledgeable when it comes to football but are just passionate and frustrated and not that realistic when it comes to hoops. 

I am frustrated too.  I know we need to recruit better, but the court is not level there.  Auburn has to do it absolutely within the rules, or it has been proven, we will suffer big time.  We simply cannot get away with the same tactics that many of our fellow SEC schools regularly do.  There are a lot of influential and well placed individuals that are always seeking ways to take us down.  I would love to have KY's players (anyone want to google World Wide Wes?).  For those that don't know that is Calapari's secret.  Billy the Kid bent a lot of rules to get FL on top.  In state Bama can do things and get away with stuff in AL we can't.  That is why Lebo is working Atlanta so hard and making inroads I might add.  The new arena is going to make a difference but I am afraid it will not be overnight like we all hope. Lebo needs a chance because the man can flat out coach Xs and Os. 

While I am on my soapbox...I am tired of hearing about coaches from smaller conferences.  Put Butler, Gonzaga etc in the buzz saw of the SEC without major athletes and their record of NCAA trips will rapidly come to an abrupt halt.  Remember...any team can get up for one or two major games a year (especially at tournament time) but, like football, the SEC demands that you bring it every game mentally and physically.   

The only way I support making a change  now is if we bring in a really big name coach and that is not going to happen because Auburn is not going to pay him more than we do a football head coach -- nor should we at this time.  So we will end up with another mid level "up and commer" and simply start the process over again.  I say let's work with what we have -- a good coach that can be great with better players...take advantage of the new facilities...ratchet up the marketing  and thus increase attendance...and watch what happens.  This is just my opinion; but I do know the game and I am a rabid Auburn Basketball fan.  War Eagle!

Now that's funny, I don't care who you are!  :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Just fire Lebo. GET 'ER DONE!

You call this over the past 6 years good coaching: 4-12, 4-12, 7-9, 4-12, 10-6, 6-10 and his overall record has been padded with cupcakes. ROTFLOL :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

I suppose we can now say that Troy and Sam Houston State have better facilites than us and cheat at recruiting as well! I have been looking for a good excuse for those two stinkers. Yea!!!!!!!!!

we didnt deserve a ncaa birth last year

sure we did.

no we didnt are rpi was like in the 70s i beleive we did have 24 wins only because of all the cupcakes we played during the season. there were 70 more deserving teams last year

For those of you who support him and want him to return, I hope you'll enjoy watching another season just like the one we went through this year. Since we'll lose 4 seniors from this team, the 2010/11 team will be no better off and will most likely will be worse.

Archived