Another Coaching Rumor

CadillacCone

If Lebo is fired, I've heard we might go after a CUSA coach not named Mike Davis. The names were not released because its a rumor but I was thinkin it could possibly be UTEP's, Marshall's, or Tulsa's coach.

He's a good coach but I'm not sure he's what we need. I think we need a younger guy who can coach and recruit against anyone.

I like Cremins, but again here's a guy who in a few years will be ready to retire. I hope we can get someone who, if they have success, could stay here and build a long-term top notch program. Cremins is a heck of a coach and guy. But, he's winding down, not up.

I have a crappy feeling you're right. After all, it was Jacobs who hired a 5-19 football coach. I have ZERO faith in clown Jacobs.

I have a crappy feeling you're right. After all, it was Jacobs who hired a 5-19 football coach. I have ZERO faith in clown Jacobs.

my gosh... some of your posts i just can't believe....

And let's not forget we paid Tubs 5.1 million even though JJ told everyone that Tubs was not fired.

Because TT deserved that money. TT is an Auburn man and I love JJ for rewarding him with the money

Dont fire JL. Heck he's a fine job  :banghead: Heck guys, Lebo has a 96-92 record in six seasons at Auburn.  :banghead: We need to raise his pay $1,000,000.00 a year  :banghead: Auburn sucks in BB  :banghead: Who would we get  :banghead: Lebo needs 10 years added to his contract  :banghead: I hope the BB teram will lose every game next year  :banghead: We dont want to wiin championships were Auburn University :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

Do you want to get rid of that 5-19 coach??? Good lord!!!

Do you want to get rid of that 5-19 coach??? Good lord!!!

Amen Golf! Well said... Jacobs blew me away with that hire and how it turned out when we all thought he was a clown, but who's laughing now? Not me!

Give Jacobs a chance to hire a BBall coach...

My point is that Jacobs has not told truth when hiring someone. Eveyone thought we would be going after a big name coach lik Steve Spurrier, Butch Davis and so forth. I like what coach Chizik has done to this point and I honestly hope coach Chizik wins a lot of the SEC and national championships at AU. If he does, then Jacobs hit a home run. If not, it will be a huge bust in JJ's hat.

My point is that Jacobs has not told truth when hiring someone. Eveyone thought we would be going after a big name coach lik Steve Spurrier, Butch Davis and so forth. I like what coach Chizik has done to this point and I honestly hope coach Chizik wins a lot of the SEC and national championships at AU. If he does, then Jacobs hit a home run. If not, it will be a huge bust in JJ's hat.

I am pretty sure he was going after a big name coach... looking back now, Butch Davis had a bad season this year, and Spurrier is done in my opinion, so where most of us (including me) wanted one of these coaches, Jacobs hired a younger guy who had passion and had a vision that none of us saw, that said, pay me less than a big name coach and pay more for assistant coaches and get the best staff you can get, not just the best head coach... so I give JJ an A+ on the Chizik hire, so I have confidence he will hire the right guy.... now who that is, I have no idea

My point is that Jacobs has not told truth when hiring someone. Eveyone thought we would be going after a big name coach lik Steve Spurrier, Butch Davis and so forth.

Maybe that's what "everyone" thought, but I don't remember JJ ever saying we were going after a big name coach, just media and internet speculation to that effect. So how does that constitute JJ not telling the truth?

Here's a quote from the letter JJ sent out to Alumni Association members:

"We will conduct a deliberate and thorough search driven by what is best for our student-athletes and our basketball program. Rumor and speculation will be rampant in the coming days. As in past searches, much if not most of what you may read or hear will be wrong. We will not refute rumors or comment on who will or won't be considered or who has or hasn't been interviewed. Our sole goal is to find the right man for Auburn. "

To summarize:

Rumors will be rampant, ignore them.

Most of what you hear will be wrong.

There will be no comment on rumors or on who will or won't be considered.

That's how it's been with previous hires. It's hard to claim JJ didn't tell the truth when he, in fact, said absolutely nothing.

War Eagle

They are not going to fire Lebo...

:dunno:

...And the award for worst insight into Auburn Athletics goes to.....

Me.

:-[

At least you admitted it! Haha! None of us really knew what was going to happen. We were all guessing! Some just guessed right! We had a 50/50 shot! I've read a lot of your posts and you know a great deal about AU athletics.

At least you admitted it! Haha! None of us really knew what was going to happen. We were all guessing! Some just guessed right! We had a 50/50 shot! I've read a lot of your posts and you know a great deal about AU athletics.

Hey man, I appreciate that.  I was certain that JJ would not fire Lebo because of the buyout.  I am very glad that I was wrong.  It appears JJ does want to improve our BB fortunes, which I really didn't think anyone in the AD office cared about.

War Eagle Brother!

:wedance:

Archived