Next Auburn Coach?

I really have not seen much of Mizzou, but it does not sound like they have been world beaters since Mike Anderson has been there.  Mike Davis has never impressed me.  He won in Indy with Knights players and continues to underacheive at UAB.  Davis would just be another Lebo replay.

I like all that I have heard about the Baylor coach.  Great recruiter.  Have not seen his team play and don't know if he is a good X's and O's guy.  Would hate to have another Cliff Ellis (great recruiter, no X's and O's).

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You guys can bash away after the following statement: 

Why would Anderson, Davis, Barbee, or any other name coach or coach on the rise come to Auburn??  If they are looking to move up, Auburn would be the last place that I would go.  We have a LONG history or mediocrity in bball and nothing going for the program but a new arena.

Sure hope I am wrong but I just don't see it happening.

Why would Anderson, Davis, Barbee, or any other name coach or coach on the rise come to Auburn??  If they are looking to move up, Auburn would be the last place that I would go.  We have a LONG history or mediocrity in bball and nothing going for the program but a new arena.

New arena, SEC school, chance to dominate the west, Barbee is at utep....not high on davis, I think anderson will say no

New arena, SEC school, chance to dominate the west, Barbee is at utep....not high on davis, I think anderson will say no

I like Barbee and think he will leave UTEP soon.  He knows he is an up and comer so I think he waits on a better job.

i agree that Auburn has been consistently mediocre but i think if you are an up and coming coach and you can take a mediocre SEC school and make them consistently able to play with the Kentucky's and other elite teams then that solidifies you as an elite coach.  I think Auburn would be a good stepping stone for Barbee or Anderson.  I personally would rather not have Davis, if he couldn't produce at Indiana with Knight's players or UAB with Anderson's players then he definitely won't be able to do much with Lebo's players.  at the top of my wish list would be Anderson but that's JMO

Well thats the point of being fired. It you dont succeed you are going to be let go. People dont accept mediocrity constantly. If someone is not doing their job and producing then they are going to get let go.

Why would Anderson, Davis, Barbee, or any other name coach or coach on the rise come to Auburn?? 

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$!!

Well thats the point of being fired. It you dont succeed you are going to be let go. People dont accept mediocrity constantly. If someone is not doing their job and producing then they are going to get let go.

Really...why in the world would you keep a coach that wasn't winning??? Did Lebo get a contract extension or something last year? I was surprised when I heard he had three years left on contract.

I would like to see us go after Steve Alford. I would think he would love to coach in the SEC. With our new facilities, we should be able to get an established coach who has had success.

I wish I had paid more attention to what I heard earlier on the radio, but a caller on the Finebaum show,

who sounded like an Auburn man and someone in the know, mentioned a former NBA coach of the Toronto

Raptors, who is from Georgia and very close to Auburn, geographically speaking. He is a black man and not

only comes with great credentials, but he is looking to get into the college game and would be definately

interested in the Auburn job. I like the game of basketball, but football is my greater passion. I would  eagerly

be more involved IF we could put a more attractive product on the court. I'm

just saying this individual seemed like a very logical and productive candidate. Can anyone out there help

identify this individual based upon the info I've given?

We need a better basketball program to go with the monmentum in football.  It has to be difficult to take a football recruit to a poor basketball game as the prime event...

Let trooper try basketball!!!  At the least it would be exciting..... :trampoline:

it will be interesting to see what we do now... I have no idea who will take the job.

whos brave enough? if they dont succeed everybody will call for his head just like lebo

Do you know of a school where a coach was unsuccessful and the fans called for them to stay?  Isn't it te nature of their job that they have to be successful to keep it?

You make it sound like Auburn is some horrible place because the fans didn't tolerate an unsuccessful coach.

I wish I had paid more attention to what I heard earlier on the radio, but a caller on the Finebaum show,

who sounded like an Auburn man and someone in the know, mentioned a former NBA coach of the Toronto

Raptors, who is from Georgia and very close to Auburn, geographically speaking. He is a black man and not

only comes with great credentials, but he is looking to get into the college game and would be definately

interested in the Auburn job.  Can anyone out there help identify this individual based upon the info I've given?

The person you are referring to is Sam Mitchell. He played at Mercer and grew up in Columbus, Ga. Been mentioned in several other threads here. The reason you can't remember much is you were listening to Paul Pondscumb. Find something else to listen to and your brain will improve 100%.  :)

interested in the Auburn job. I like the game of basketball, but football is my greater passion. I would  eagerly

be more involved IF we could put a more attractive product on the court. I'm

just saying this individual seemed like a very logical and productive candidate. Can anyone out there help

identify this individual based upon the info I've given?

Your answer is Sam Mitchell

Archived