Next Coach

fourthvision

Who Do You Want as AU's new B-Ball Coach?  

73 members have voted

1. 1. Who Do You Want as AU's new B-Ball Coach?

• Mike Anderson
    • Mike Davis
    • Chuck Person
    • Tony Barbee
    • Other

yep and he has te credentials to back it up; young, energetic, great recruiter, good coach, HC experience, was an assistant at memphis under calipari....sounds familiar :thumbsup:

Is Auburn a better basketball job than UTEP or Baylor??

I don't think so, not at this time. But with the new arena and offerring 1-1.2 million/year hopefully it will peak the interest of a good coach. If I were J.Jacobs I would make coaches like Scott Drew and T. Barbee turn me down.

:we:

My pick is Anderson. However, I think Scott Drew would be an even better choice. Yes Auburn would be better than Baylor, UTEP, bammer, TN or any other school you can think of. JJ made the first step with the new arena, now he needs to make the second step by opening the wallet and paying what it will take to get a big name coach in Auburn.

I am getting sick of people saying that Auburn is the worst school to coach at. Why? We have never had a big time coach that can consistently bring in top talent. If we get a coach that can run a program the right way, Auburn can be a destination job. We need to pay the money and hit a grand slam on this hire to shut these freakin idiots up. If somebody can make Vanderbilt a contender, for the love of all that is holy, Auburn can be that and better.

JJ open the wallet.

Guys like you are talking about are already making lots of money. It'll take something besides an extra 1/2 mill a year to entice them, and who knows what that might be?

I am getting sick of people saying that Auburn is the worst school to coach at. Why? We have never had a big time coach that can consistently bring in top talent. If we get a coach that can run a program the right way, Auburn can be a destination job. We need to pay the money and hit a grand slam on this hire to shut these freakin idiots up. If somebody can make Vanderbilt a contender, for the love of all that is holy, Auburn can be that and better.

Bingo AU>vandy and utep

Archived