Ed Cooley

War Eagle!!! This is my first post. I highly recommend Ed Cooley from Fairfield. This guy is a phenomenal guy to be around and he has so much to sell to recruits. I encourage you to research him as a potential dark horse in the search. He grew up in a small town in Rhode Island with barely any house. He later became Rhode Island Player of the Year and went to Stonehill College. He was an assistant at Stonehill and Rhode Island for a while before joining Al Skinner's staff at Boston College. He was there for 11 years and helped them amass a record of 175-108, including a Big East Tournament Championship, an upset win over No. 1 seeded Duke and 5 NCAA Tournament appearances. Since 2007, he has been at Fairfield University. He became the first coach to post three straight winning records on program history. They currently stand at the top of the Metro Atlantic Athletic Conference with a record of 21-9 and a dark horse in the NCAA Tournament with one of the toughest schedules in the conference. He is a great motivator like Chizik and he's somebody I could get behind. He's also African-American and 40. Any coach we get I know will fit, but I just saw Cooley and was impressed. War Eagle again!!!!!

Interesting choice...I agree that these are the kind of coaches we need to be looking at...Good to meet you here on this great site...

I really enjoy watching the interesting discussions on this site. This is where I go to the most to find Auburn information. I really feel good for some reason about Cooley. I think he's the kind of fresh face coach we need. He also fits the mold of what JJ is looking for and the work ethic he hired when he hired Gene Chizik. This guy is committed to winning and most importantly establishes a relationship with players and recruits. We didn't have that in Lebo.

I like the thought, I don't know if this would be the "splashy" hire many AU supporters are looking for however. Doesn't mean it couldn't turn out great for us though, Chizik wasn't a very splashy hire either and so far so good.

I've never heard of Ed Cooley before. Is he a good coach?

he coaches at farifield hes been there for 4 year.. he went 20-9 this year  he has yet to make the ncaa tourney there but he is a good coach he has improved fairfields record since hes been there but I think we need a coach that has been to at least one tourney..  if he were on a list i would put him out of the top 6 of candidates

I do like Marshall a lot.....he knows how to win for sure. How about Chris Mack from Xavier?

this is his first year at xavier.. they are having a good season tho if he made a serious run in the tourney i could see him gaining interest

I'm going to say in the end we get Barbee for about $1 million a year unless DePaul gets him first, which I doubt. I like Sam Mitchell however I don't see him as the "auburn man" candidate JJ usually hires.

Archived