Your opinion on Tubby Smith?

aurules16

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So Person comes with a guarantee that he'll lose less games than Tubby? I'm not trying to flame it,but it's all just opinion. Tubby has a college coaching record to base projections on . Person does not. I would love to see Chuck here, in some capacity. Sonny Smith is backing him for the job. For a splash name to come in and coach the program, he's not it. Outside of Auburn and and a few cities in the NBA nobody even knows who he is. This too,is simply just an opinion.

So Person comes with a guarantee that he'll lose less games than Tubby? I'm not trying to flame it,but it's all just opinion. Tubby has a college coaching record to base projections on . Person does not. I would love to see Chuck here, in some capacity. Sonny Smith is backing him for the job. For a splash name to come in and coach the program, he's not it. Outside of Auburn and and a few cities in the NBA nobody even knows who he is. This too,is simply just an opinion.

I hear you, I just think we have to go with the man who gives us the best chance for big success and he is one of the few on the list. Keep in mind that Our football coach Chizik is not exactly a household name around the country and look at what he is building. Sometimes you have to think outside of the box I think...

I agree That chiz is obviously not a hhold name :dunno: One of those coaches brings instant name recognition and one doesn't. Person is no more quaranteed success at college coaching than I am. One of them has a track record, one doesn't. I would love for Chuck to be an assistant here, in the long run he would be my choice.Just not in the short run. We need instant impact and Chuck's not it. He's one of my fave Auburn players ever.

Just Win

<insert random positive quote not adding anything to the discussion here>  I now see how you have so many posts.   :tease:  (Just Kidding)

I want Tubby or Anderson to be the next coach.  Anyone else I would be disappointed in....I will support whoever we get, but I believe one of these two have what it takes to take Auburn to where we want to be, and really make a statement that we are serious about basketball.  I think Person would make an outstanding assistant coach who could learn the ropes of college basketball before being handed the reigns to an SEC school.  I like that Person has so much good said about him by his NBA friends, but come on...would you expect a friend to say, "No, he is not ready"?

I think what Tubby did at Georgia is more like what he would do here. 

:wedance:

Tubby will have a better overall record at Auburn than he had at either Georgia or Kentucky. Kentucky can wear down the best of the best coaches out there. Kentucky's expectations for their basketball program is light years beyond those at any SEC program. He did very well at Georgia and could exceed this at Auburn. IMHO, he is the best choice out there for us. Many of those on the list would do a good job for us, but Tubby could be special if he takes the job.

WDE from the Doc  :devil:

Post is about Tubby and Auburn's future Coach, one comment cannot exist without the other IMO.  We need to remember that before Sonny became a winner he resigned.  He then saw his team tear through the schedule and SEC Tourny to make the big dance and changed his mind. Sonny proved that AU can recruit talent.  However, does anyone remember how highly ranked that talent was coming out of high school?  Sonny Coached our boys up and made them good.  Tobby has a past that can build our future as does Anderson.  I love Chuck to death, and he may very well be the answer but hiring is usually done on a resume and experience.  I am the assistant to my President but that doesnt make me the next President.  Just sayin.... War Eagle and here's to a bright future for AU round ball soon.....  :we: 

Tubby would be the best coach we could get.  If that meant naming one of his sons as CIW, so be it.  Make AU a basketball power.  I don't care who follows Tubby.  Make us relevant and then we can pick and choose coaches.

:wedance:

Tubby would be the best coach we could get.   If that meant naming one of his sons as CIW, so be it.  Make AU a basketball power.  I don't care who follows Tubby.  Make us relevant and then we can pick and choose coaches.

If we promise his son he'll be the next head coach, by definition we won't do any picking and choosing.

I have no problem with Tubby and would like to have him. However, if he would come only with the promise that his son would have the job after him, I'd have to say "Thanks but no thanks."

Tubby would be the best coach we could get.   If that meant naming one of his sons as CIW, so be it.  Make AU a basketball power.  I don't care who follows Tubby.  Make us relevant and then we can pick and choose coaches.

If we promise his son he'll be the next head coach, by definition we won't do any picking and choosing.

I have no problem with Tubby and would like to have him. However, if he would come only with the promise that his son would have the job after him, I'd have to say "Thanks but no thanks."

I agree...

I think that Tubby would make AU basketball relevant.  I don't care who follows him, and that's not to say that one of his son's wouldn't make AU as relevant as Tubby himself.  I think for the new arena, you pull the trigger on whatever it takes to get Tubby as the new coach.

SHort and Sweet.......            Tubby Smith AU's next B-Ball Coach    IT MEANS EXCITMENT AND THE PEOPLE WHO SIGN CHECKS FIGURED IF THEY ARE 2 BUILD THIS 100 MILLION$ ARENA THEY NEED A RELIVENT COACH !!!!!!!

TUBBY IS MORE THAN RELIVENT HE's A WINNER

WDE

There are a number of good coaches out there than can make Auburn a winner. Tubby Smith is one of them.

If we can hire Tubby with no strings attached, I'll be happy. If he's insisting on having the sort of deal where one of his sons gets the job when he leaves, let's move on and find somebody else.

Archived