Tubby Smith... no go?

pram92

That doesn't sound good for us, but it could also be just "coach speak". I was hoping we could get him, and still am hoping for it. He would give us instant credibility, and would be here until he retires IMO, and wouldn't be using Auburn as a stepping stone.

Nobody but some bored writer ever said he was a candidate. Then a few other bored writers took up the banner.

I believe JJ when he said that all we'd hear would be rumors and those would be false.

Who knows what really going on. I was hoping we could get Tubby and still am but if it doesn't work out we will be fine. I trust JJ to get us the best man for the job

I agree about the rumor mill. However, that "rumor" was a little too large to be a "rumor. No matter how secret JJ wants to be with this coaching search, when you start contacting agents etc. a little of the info will leak out.

I think like before it is coach-speak.  If Auburn offers him what he is looking for, he will come.  He just has to save face with his own fans in case it doesn't happen.  (Look at the fiasco that Mike Davis put himself in by going to interview with Washington.)  I don't put any more stock in him saying he is not coming, than I did in the rumors that said it was a done-deal.  I still say our top 2 choices should be Tubby and Anderson.  Everyone else falls into a 2nd tier of get what you can get if you can't get one of those two, with the exception of Person.  I can not even believe people put him in the coaching search conversation.  (Great player and great AU man, but no experience as a college coach.)

:wedance:

Archived