Auburn Hires Barbee

AUSportTalk

The jury is out, but from all indications, this will be a great hire for Auburn.  I like the fact that Jacobs hires coaches who are top recruiters as well..... a team will only be as good as the players it gets...  WAR EAGLE and welcome to the Auburn Family ..Coach Barbee

True on all accounts. Welcome to the family Coach!  :wareagle:

I am very happy to have Coach Barbee as our new HC in Basketball!  I find it interesting that Coach Calipari, when asked by Barbee about Auburn, told him "if they offer it, you should run there!"

Even a huge basketball mind like Calipari knows that you can be a major power at AU if you are a good coach.

At least that is how I read it.

:wedance:

I agree with Calipari too, although he would probably say that to Barbee about any of the SEC programs. Getting into any SEC school would have to be considered a positive when coming from UTEP. I don't mean that as a negative either about UTEP or CUSA. It is more of a positive statement about our conference in general. The SEC is a permier power conference that's all.

I am still so excited!  What a slam dunk for JJ!  The more I read, hear, and see of Coach Barbee, the more I am loving the new day at Auburn!

What an awesome hire!

:wedance:

I'm ready to see what he does recruiting wise for the upcoming season. I know players have already signed their loi's, but is anyone from UTEP possibly following him here? I've already heard of one our or commitments asking to be let out of his loi.

Archived