Auburn Hires Barbee

AUSportTalk

I enjoyed your enthusiasm in the article.  Way to go JJ!  Great Hire!! :wareagle:

My first post on this board (even with our 2010 kick-butt recruiting class). Great hire Jay J.  I think that I was more pumped about Barbee than anyone on our radar.  I think that this hire will push us to the next level in B-ball.

My pinned thread got bumped.

:'(

Sorry lol.....I got a little too excited about the Barbee hiring  :happydance:

It's cool..just saw it with the same exact title, but only 1 reply and I thought it had been locked or something...then I saw it was originated by ST.

You can make it up by proclaiming me a mod...   :laugh:

Guest Autiger88

Great read as always ST and yes he was my #1 Coach that I wanted I think he can take us to the next level in B-Ball :wareagle:

Welcome to the plains Coach Barbee!  I guess it's time to start thinking of the new name for the student section.  How about Barbee's Playhouse?

Does anyone know about assistant coaches?

Hell to the yes!!!!

:party::wareagle::party::wareagle::party:

I was hoping for Tubby, but having to "settle" for Barbee is outstanding!

Welcome to the Auburn Family Coach Barbee!

He is a great recruiter, and that's what we needed in the worst way IMO. I am looking forward to watching Coach Barbee build up our bball program.

On paper.... a very good hire, though he will probably use Auburn as a stepping stone. Much better hire than Tubby Smith. Much better recruiter,better offensive system .  The ONLY worry I have is the Calipari stench. "Coach Cal" is the dirtiest recruiter in college basketball.  I sure hope this guy doesn't get us in trouble and run off. (see Memphis)

Other than that, nothing but positives. Young, energetic, great recruiter, solid x and o guy.  Looking forward to seeing who he can purchase....er,...recruit to the Plains!

This was my number one guy! He has already proven he can change a program just look at UTEP. If u can recruit to El Paso u can recruit to Auburn

The jury is out, but from all indications, this will be a great hire for Auburn.  I like the fact that Jacobs hires coaches who are top recruiters as well..... a team will only be as good as the players it gets...  WAR EAGLE and welcome to the Auburn Family ..Coach Barbee

I am more than happy with Barbee.He was towards the top of most everyones list and here at Auburn we obsess over recruiting so we couldn't have found a better fit.Welcome to the family coach and WarEagle.You've been blessed with outstanding facilities and a nice salary now its time to do work.lol.Great hire JJ.He suprised me again.He deserves a little more credit than we give him.

I am very happy to have Coach Barbee as our new HC in Basketball!  I find it interesting that Coach Calipari, when asked by Barbee about Auburn, told him "if they offer it, you should run there!"

Even a huge basketball mind like Calipari knows that you can be a major power at AU if you are a good coach.

At least that is how I read it.

:wedance:

I am very happy to have Coach Barbee as our new HC in Basketball!  I find it interesting that Coach Calipari, when asked by Barbee about Auburn, told him "if they offer it, you should run there!"

Even a huge basketball mind like Calipari knows that you can be a major power at AU if you are a good coach.

yeah I thought that was interesting, I guess I'll pull for the cats in the big dance :P

yeah I thought that was interesting, I guess I'll pull for the cats in the big dance :P

I have been pulling for them.  Regardless of how others feel, I have always liked Coach Calipari.

:dunno:

I have been pulling for them.  Regardless of how others feel, I have always liked Coach Calipari.

:dunno:

I've liked him too, just a little tongue-in-cheek

Archived