Who will be T-Barb's assistants?

WDEAUB

Will he bring his guys from UTEP with him? Or will he bring in an entirely new staff? Did all of Lebo's staff go with him?

Somebody is going to tear me a new one for this but I honestly wish he could hire Albert Weeden from Enterprise High School.  That's just because I've seen what kind of difference he can have on team in a short period of time.  He took Enterprise fourth in the district to fifth in the STATE... Oh that took him 1 year, and the team was made of the same players as the year before minus Raven Gray, and other good athletes. 

He just knows how to play and coach an extremely fast paced (get in passing lanes or on the floor for the ball) program, and with our teams size, that wouldn't be a bad way to go until we pick up some underneath personel.

I know that there is a huge difference in high school and college, but the players being coached are also able to play a much higher caliber of game.

I know nothing about him but he sounds like a tremendous coach. I would welcome anybody who can help our team get better while helping Coach Barbee get Auburn basketball to a level we have longed for. He definitely sounds like he knows what he is doing. Based on those credentials that you mentioned, I wouldn't be upset if he got hired to be a part of Coach Barbee's staff. In saying that, I have full faith in Coach Barbee to fill out his staff with the best possible assistants he can find. WDE Coach Barbee and welcome to The Family!

I know nothing about him but he sounds like a tremendous coach. I would welcome anybody who can help our team get better while helping Coach Barbee get Auburn basketball to a level we have longed for. He definitely sounds like he knows what he is doing. Based on those credentials that you mentioned, I wouldn't be upset if he got hired to be a part of Coach Barbee's staff. In saying that, I have full faith in Coach Barbee to fill out his staff with the best possible assistants he can find. WDE Coach Barbee and welcome to The Family!

Amen to that. I trust the man.  He has proven that he knows what he's doing. 

And here's a thought for all of Chuck Person's fans.... Shooting Coach!!!!!!

I would be beyond happy if we could somehow get Coach Person back to Auburn. I think it's beyond a long shot though as he has a very nice gig with the Lakers, and it's been mentioned before on this board, if he stays in the NBA long enough he will be a head coach in the not-so-distant future.

I too was hoping to see Person return as an assistant coach, but I don't think he will do it.  I think the only way he would have come to the college ranks is as a HC and only at a bigger school.  I think his prospects of becoming an NBA HC are greater for him right now.

I would look to see him try to get an assistant that is familiar with the area.  I am sure he knows a lot from his time at Memphis, but it never hurts to have someone who knows AL and GA.

:dunno:

Archived