A Special Statement to Auburn Eagle on Barbee

AUSportTalk

I don't see the "Read More" link anywhere on the page to read the actual statement...

That just got me even more pumped up about this hire. Especially hearing about how he's got those kids ready to graduate early. Also I hope he can get some more talented guys with that kind of height to Auburn. :we:

I don't see the "Read More" link anywhere on the page to read the actual statement...

If you clicked on this link you won't need the read more. The read more was for the people that saw it on the front page. I took it off. Sorry for the confusion.

Very nice! I think this was a solid hire by JJ and the AU basketball program is better off today than it has been in the recent past. I think Barbee will immediatedly be able to upgrade our talent level and I expect him to actually start winning big sooner than later. Mark my words, he will do more than 1 NIT bid in 6 years!

If you clicked on this link you won't need the read more. The read more was for the people that saw it on the front page. I took it off. Sorry for the confusion.

Ah, ok. I knew it looked like an actual statement below, even though I don't remember quotes (which, btw, are not necessary for a block quote, which is what I think ST did). No worries.

Ah, ok. I knew it looked like an actual statement below, even though I don't remember quotes (which, btw, are not necessary for a block quote, which is what I think ST did). No worries.

Yeah the whole things is a statement

That was a very impressive statement.  It's great that he leaves the place on much better grounds than he found it....unlike other coaches (i.e.  :devil:)

Very classy statement from someone who will be affected by Barbee's leaving.

Barbee put together a program that was building and becoming stronger in an area with not much attraction. I'm not knocking AEl Paso - drove through there last week in fact - but there's nothing much more than the town. Yeah, cross the river into Mexico, but that's not fun anymore with the drug wars going on. Las Cruces is up the road, but Auburn will be a place in the SEC he can make an impact very quickly.

Welcome, welcome, welcome.

So glad we got him, I watched him during the c-usa tourney and some regular season games and was impressed, then after reading the bio I was sold, so glad we got him, he was easily the best choice IMO.  :we: Coach Barbee!!

I am so impressed with this hire and am looking forward to the days of Sonny Smith & Cliff Ellis again! I somehow sense that we may very well see days ahead that will far exceed those of our former successful coaches at Auburn. I would think that he will be the tallest coach in the SEC now. I do think that his height advantage will help a great deal with recruiting in that he will be able to look eye-to-eye with most of the young men he will recruit.  I have lived at least 300 or so miles from Auburn for the past  3 decades, and have only been able to catch a football game at Jordan-Hare once or twice a year and have caught basketball games on the tube, and the same for baseball games. I watched as many games as I could last season (08-09 season), but became annoyed this season with the play of the team.  I think that Coach Barbee will write a new chapter in the history of Auburn basketball that we all can be very proud of!

Oh by the way, has anyone come up with a neat tee-shirt saying for basketball games next season?  I have a good one, but it might be just a little corny. It is........drum roll like in Christmas vacation...."Tony's Tigers". Maybe our good webmaster can start a thread about this and we can all come up with sayings and vote on them!

Later!

Doc  

:yay:

Archived