ATLANTA BRAVES THREAD!

Ronald McDonald

Man, I'm as giddy as a schoolgirl. Sucks that Lowe couldn't get the no-hitter. Still, that was one helluva outing. He's got a blister on his right foot, and there's a chance he could miss a start, but no worries really

Now that was a fun game to watch. Lee strikes out 16 and still give up 3 runs. It was strange to see him get hit so hard in the third and still be overpowering. D. Lowe pitched a hell of a game and can't say enought about O'Flaherty coming in and striking out the side after men get on 2nd and 3rd.

Tehran looked good for the most part. Made some mistakes here and there, but I'm excited for his future as a Brave.

Teheran pitched well at times. Still young and he looked a bit nervous as well. Hopefully he will continue to improve in AAA and we'll see him later in the year if need be. Great Talent.

He was behind in to many counts,if youre 2-0,3-1 on most hitters,youre going to get hit in MLB. The good thing is that his stuff is pretty nasty,throws hard,with good movement.Once he gets the mental side of it down(repeating his release point,armslot and repeating his mecahanics on every pitch) his confidence will naturally grow,and he can be in the rotation sooner than later.

Teheran pitched well at times. Still young and he looked a bit nervous as well. Hopefully he will continue to improve in AAA and we'll see him later in the year if need be. Great Talent.

He is doing excellent with the G. Braves

Helluva game. FYI, that's the first run JV gave up since the 3rd game of the season. Unbelievable. Philly might have the big names, but I'll take our rotation anyday.

Helluva game. FYI, that's the first run JV gave up since the 3rd game of the season. Unbelievable. Philly might have the big names, but I'll take our rotation anyday.

Absolutely. Hudson never got the limelight in Oakland because of Barry Zito (who was nowhere near the pitcher Tim was/is, but got the fame mainly because he's a lefty), but I've always considered him to be an ace pitcher...and to be honest, I'm surprised he hasn't gotten more recognition. I thought he should have at least been in the discussion for the Cy Young last year with his 2.8 ERA and 17 wins (would have been more if the offense had supported him better). Hanson is a little before his prime, but he's the ace of the future, and an absolute terror when he's on. JJ is good enough to be an ace for some teams, but because of the pitching depth in Atlanta he's either the third or fourth starter. Lowe is past his prime, but he knows how to pitch, and he still has the ability to reach back and pull a masterpiece out of the past. Beachy has been a welcome surprise this year, but with Minor and Tehran in the system behind him, it's not as if we have to count on him continuing to put up those kinds of numbers.

And that's just the rotation; our bullpen is hands down better than the Phillies'. Overall, I don't think there's a pitching staff in baseball that is as good as the Braves'...

I agree red, but without moylan, I don't have as much confidence. We need him back pronto!

I agree. Halladay is one of if not THE best pitcher in the NL, but our rotation has much more depth.

Dear Scott Linbroke,

You are terrible. Please take a long walk off a short pier into shark infested water

Sincerely, Braves Nation.

P.S. How do you give up 4 runs to the Nats while only getting one out?

I agree about Linebrink. However, can we not rely on our great closer to get three outs and not give up 2 runs? 3-1 going into the 9th inning should be a done deal. We just can't beat the Nationals/Expos organization. They have our number. Always have.

We gotta cut Kimbrel some slack. For a guy who is in his first year in the bigs and is in a position with the most pressure. But Linrbroke has been around how long now? He's gotta be able to do better

Good to see Kimbrel come in and strike out the side.  Hopefully, he can keep it up with the phillies coming to town.