Malcolm Brown WOW!

AUmind

If he were playing in a low division in Mississippi I could see where people would not buy into him being legit, but he is playing against the big boys.  Texas high-school football is a completely different animal than what we are use to.  Kid will be something special.  Unless by some chance we sign him, I hope he stays out of the SEC.

I gotta admit guys... im quite impressed with his balance more than anything.

Yeah, that run down the sideline when he got hit twice and spun off, staying in bounds and sprinting for the end zone was pretty crazy.

Sorry I left out UGA has made him an offer also. IMO I think he will stay in state at Texas. I think they have like 1 Sr. 3Jr. and a sophomore at RB.

Texas is going to get this kid's signature!! :cool:

Some of you people need to stop saying he is the result of poor tackling and bad angles. This is big time Texas high school football, these kids know how to play ball. He does have a very good line, but all those broken tackles are impressive, because these defenders can play ball. He's gonna be a big time player, easily the best back this year IMO, Crowell a distant second

Some of you people need to stop saying he is the result of poor tackling and bad angles. This is big time Texas high school football, these kids know how to play ball. He does have a very good line, but all those broken tackles are impressive, because these defenders can play ball. He's gonna be a big time player, easily the best back this year IMO, Crowell a distant second

Even if it is Texas, it's still high school, and there are SEC teams who struggle with tackling. I wouldn't say Crowell is a distant second, but Brown is the most impressive running back I've seen from this year's class...

• 9 months later...

So is there any at all type of fire behind the little bit of smoke I am hearing about this guy. Just let there at least be a spark.

No.

The only spark that exists is in the minds of those desperate to fill pages of useless recruiting drivel. I would love to get Mack Brown; I've heard many call Crow the best running back in this class, but much as I love watching Isaiah run the ball, I've been more impressed with Brown. However, that having been said, he's going to Texas. We were able to get Westy because he's from Arizona; if he'd been that good a prospect from within the state of Texas, there's no chance UT looses their grip on him.

The only spark that exists is in the minds of those desperate to fill pages of useless recruiting drivel. I would love to get Mack Brown; I've heard many call Crow the best running back in this class, but much as I love watching Isaiah run the ball, I've been more impressed with Brown. However, that having been said, he's going to Texas. We were able to get Westy because he's from Arizona; if he'd been that good a prospect from within the state of Texas, there's no chance UT looses their grip on him.

^^This^^  But as many of us have figured out with this Coaching Staff, never say NEVER!!!

Not sure he is the best back, but he appears to have played behind the best O line in the country this year, that was some of the best blocking (as a unit) I have seen at the high school level. Hard to say how good Brown is, cause he is hardly ever touched. He does have good speed.

I would love to get Mack Brown

You want the head coach of Texas?   :P

LOL! Nerd! :tease:

Not sure he is the best back, but he appears to have played behind the best O line in the country this year, that was some of the best blocking (as a unit) I have seen at the high school level. Hard to say how good Brown is, cause he is hardly ever touched. He does have good speed.

Bingo!

Incredible running back no doubt.  But watching that, I'm thinking who is the O-line coach for Steele High School?  There's your replacement for CJG when he goes.

he's the best back. period.

Bingo!

Incredible running back no doubt.  But watching that, I'm thinking who is the O-line coach for Steele High School?  There's your replacement for CJG when he goes.

Sorry, but you're off base here.  Watch his videos and it's not the holes that are opened up for him that make him the best back, it's what he does after contact and his speed.  He's a powerful and fast kid.  I'd love to have him on my team, but that won't be happening.

Bingo!

Sorry, but you're off base here.  Watch his videos and it's not the holes that are opened up for him that make him the best back, it's what he does after contact and his speed.  He's a powerful and fast kid.  I'd love to have him on my team, but that won't be happening.

Not sure what highlight film you watched, he only made contact with the defense in like 4 clips, the rest of the time he was untouched. Now, that being said, I can't detract from what he did in those 3 - 4 instances or the good vision and great speed he displayed when taking advantage of the holes opened by the O-line. But to say that he is the best back in this class Period may be a bit excessive. He may be, he may not be, but this highlight does not prove it. It does show great blocking though and I'm not off base.

He is all Texas and will be followed by another kid ,who is as good or better, next year....cannot think of his name. UT will get back to the Earl and Ricky days of power running. They have a lock on most Texas kids.........getting one away from them, even a non- TX kid, is big time.

I hope to see him Miami or AZ in a few years...........getting beat by the AU Tigers!

Bingo!

Not sure what highlight film you watched, he only made contact with the defense in like 4 clips, the rest of the time he was untouched. Now, that being said, I can't detract from what he did in those 3 - 4 instances or the good vision and great speed he displayed when taking advantage of the holes opened by the O-line. But to say that he is the best back in this class Period may be a bit excessive. He may be, he may not be, but this highlight does not prove it. It does show great blocking though and I'm not off base.

Ok.

Archived