Atlanta Falcons talk.

guerra aguila

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Im trying to get to know some of the Atlanta Falcons fans?

I think they have a chance to be pretty good in the next couple of years if they can find a defense.

Falcons second favorite team. Key word is defense. They really need to get some help from the upcoming draft.

Im trying to get to know some of the Atlanta Falcons fans?

I think they have a chance to be pretty good in the next couple of years if they can find a defense.

Falcons second favorite team. Key word is defense. They really need to get some help from the upcoming draft.

I agree... they scored a good bit of the time last year... even giving the saints all they wanted in two games... but just could not stop anybody.

If they can find a defense to compliment that offense... they are going to be tough.

Matt Ryan has all the tools to be an All Pro qb.

Doesn't seem like so long ago Atl had a very solid D, but no production on offense. Also I graduated with Tommy (TJ) Jackson who went on from AU to the Falcons. He started out on the scout team but was eventually given ample playing time for a couple years. After that I haven't heard anything from or about him. Y'all know anything?

D is indeed the key !!! I was hoping they would go after Dansby in addition to Robinson (still wouldn't mind a Redskins trade for C. Rogers) then trade up to get Suh !!! That would help shore up all 3 phases of defense, not to mention that we have a relatively young team, so we could afford to "package" some draft picks to go after a high-profile D-lineman. I think Sidberry Jr. will progress alot faster if we got more "productive" play from our DTs. They are trying to add weight to JA who didn't produce at DE if that tells you anything !!!

As always im looking forward to the upcoming season for the falcons. It should be interesting to see what Matt Ryan can do in his 3rd full season.

The defense will hopefully be much improved.

Definitely ready for some falcons football, Im pretty upset about the draft though, we passed up a lot of good players mainly missing out on a pass rusher we needed.

• 2 weeks later...

You guys are right, defense is the key. I thought our first 2 picks in the 2009 draft were great pickups (Peria Jerry-DT and William Moore-S); unfortunately, they both got injured early on in the season. Hopefully they can help out this year to go with Robinson at corner and Weatherspoon at LB. I see a lot of potential, now they just need to mesh and rise to the occasion.

• 2 weeks later...

heard there was a rumor we may end up with T. Owens ......... what do you guys think ???  :dunno:

I have also heard this rumor for EVERY OTHER TEAM in the league. Not saying it won't happen. He would end up a lot closer to what little family he has here in AL. I could see him and Matt Ryan being a pretty good duo. I wouldn't care one way or the other if he was with the Falcons though.

heard there was a rumor we may end up with T. Owens ......... what do you guys think ???  :dunno:

I have also heard this rumor for EVERY OTHER TEAM in the league. Not saying it won't happen. He would end up a lot closer to what little family he has here in AL. I could see him and Matt Ryan being a pretty good duo. I wouldn't care one way or the other if he was with the Falcons though.

Me either, but that I know of ..... he didn't have any incidents in Buffalo and Mike Smith is like the best "Players" coach ever ......... Could work out Ok !!!  :dunno: Who else would you like to see them pick up by way of Free-Agency or Trade ???

Maybe I'm a cynic  :-\ but I don't want TO. He's what, like 35? He's still a freak athlete with great ability but why mess with our chemistry on O. Matty Ice, Roddy, Jenkins, Michael 'the burner' Turner, and Gonzo work well together. And with Harry Douglas coming back this year I think we'll be fine.

Maybe I'm a cynic  :-\ but I don't want TO. He's what, like 35? He's still a freak athlete with great ability but why mess with our chemistry on O. Matty Ice, Roddy, Jenkins, Michael 'the burner' Turner, and Gonzo work well together. And with Harry Douglas coming back this year I think we'll be fine.

I agree, especially since Douglas is so fast and explosive... The Falcons troubles arent on offense, as we have talked about before.

Its the other side that needs some polishing.

I do wish they would sign John Henderson though !!! Or trade for Albert Haynesworth, also I think it would be a "Good" move to trade for Shawne Merriman and move him to DE !!! That's just some "Random" possibilities, that I think "COULD" improve our Defense !!!  :dunno:

I do wish they would sign John Henderson though !!! Or trade for Albert Haynesworth, also I think it would be a "Good" move to trade for Shawne Merriman and move him to DE !!! That's just some "Random" possibilities, that I think "COULD" improve our Defense !!!  :dunno:

That would certainly be an upgrade... question is? will we make some serious moves?

I think this offense is super bowl material... gotta tighten up that d.

• 4 months later...

Archived