NEW YORK YANKEE THREAD

AUAeroEngineer

Saw where Mo signed a one year deal. Glad he is coming back. I did not want to see his career end that way. I would like to see him get 40 saves for the last place Yankees. :tease:

:-\ very weak attempt again WE10. yes the great Mo signed for 10 mil. but we lose the ??? Russell Martin oh heaven forbid................

That was as strong as monkey glue! That Russell Martin is sneaky good. Don't sleep on him. (saw him play his JUCO ball. He played 3rd then. Jose Bautista played at the same JUCO also)

Good lord I'm so impressed with your great knowledge ......... :-\

You will have forgotten how smart I am by the morning. Don't worry, I will remind you at least a dozen times again tomorrow.

• 3 weeks later...

The Yankees suck! (just a reminder. I know how your memory is when you don't take your ginko bologna)

Toronto may be a new favorite team of mine. They are going crazy this off-season.

It kind of looks like my Rays are throwing in the towel. That hurts a tad.

Edited by WarEagle10

• 1 month later...

I know how your memory is, so I wanted to remind you..............The Yankees still suck!

Oh, and your boy A-Rod is in the news, in a negative way, again. Go figure.

less then a month till spring training. I'll go for a few spring games in Tampa and also see the Braves at Disney. As for A. Rod his over the hill time to move on....Guy skrew himself for any HOF consideration

I've never been a A. Rod fan unless of course he hits a game winning HR in 7th game of World Series.........

Get ready to PIN this thread soon..............

Gooooooooooooooo Yankeeeeeeeeesssssssssssss

less then a month till spring training. I'll go for a few spring games in Tampa and also see the Braves at Disney. As for A. Rod his over the hill time to move on....Guy skrew himself for any HOF consideration

I've never been a A. Rod fan unless of course he hits a game winning HR in 7th game of World Series.........

You see the Yankees are looking into voiding Rodriguez's contract over the latest issue of PEDs? It's not like A-Rod is bad but honestly I think it would be a convenient excuse to dump some salary...although we are talking about the NYY...

Smart if the Yanks can do it. A. Rod is his own worst enemy

I think A-Rod opened the door to this the first time he had "substance" problems...and got some language in his contract that give the Yanks an out. JMO but he won't ever see the field in a Yankee uni again. He's not the fan's darling like Jeter and I don't think the ownership will go out of their way to give him the " gold watch " treatment with a "Day" for him when he retires.

Luccckkkkyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy. I forgot you lived where it is just a hop, skip, and jump to the spring training sites you have around you. Some guys have all of the luck.

Will Jete's be ready come spring training?

Hate to say but I believe A. Rod will still end up with thw money. lie down with dogs and you get up with fleas..

And this from a huge Yankee fan here

Read an interesting article today from MLBTradeRumors saying that A-Rod isn't expected back until July at the best, but that there is a good chance he won't play anymore. If he's basically able to medically retire then insurance would cover 85% of the $100+ million the Yankees still owe on his contract.

Hate to say but I believe A. Rod will still end up with thw money. lie down with dogs and you get up with fleas..

And this from a huge Yankee fan here

Read an interesting article today from MLBTradeRumors saying that A-Rod isn't expected back until July at the best, but that there is a good chance he won't play anymore. If he's basically able to medically retire then insurance would cover 85% of the $100+ million the Yankees still owe on his contract.

That could be an interesting negotiation. I expect A-Rod could physically play somewhere...there must be a team that is the Oakland Raiders of MLB and will give him a second, third? chance.

Anyway, insurance settlement or not, I expect the Yanks will come away with some money to spend and A-Rod will be spending his baseball future somewhere else...maybe in Miami?

Wow don't believe until I see it but I'm hearing A. Rod may actually take early retirement or unable to perform clause "insurance". Either way would be great for the Yankees

Spring Training will be here soon 2/13 --2/18 :hellyeah::popcorn::42::bounce::drink1: :drink1: :drink1: :drink1:

It can't be here soon enough. Always one of the best days of the year :)

You got that right. Opening day at Yankee Spring Training doesn't get any better

Yep, unless you're talking about Opening day for any of the other 29 clubs. ;)

You got that right. Opening day at Yankee Spring Training doesn't get any better

:bow::laugh:

sure????? I just can't wait for those Astors opening day in Kissimmee :-\