calipari to bulls means gloom and doom for AU

AUinEM

Cal turned down a number if opportunities to go to the NBA while at Memphis, why leave a school that helped set the standard for college basketball after one season for a no good job with the Bulls? Its not the money. He can and is getting that at Kentucky. He's scratched that pro itch in the past. If we were talking Lakers or something I wouldn't blame him for giving it thought but not Chicago

I wouldn't call the Bulls a "no good job" and then namedrop the most popular team in the nba like this is some college2college thing you're all accustomed to. Plus Derrick Rose is there and the Bulls have a money to spend this offseason. The reason Calipari woudn't want to go there is 1. the management is god awful, or 2. maybe he just doesn't want to go to the next level. Not exactly a lot of down points. On one hand your boss would suck and on the other he's too disciplined or too scared to take the plunge. Auburn fans really need to do their homework on basketball before they talk if they're not already fans. Some comments get ridiculous. No top 4 seed in the freaking playoffs is going to hire a college coach with no pro experience anyway. Chicago is a playoff team 2 years straight with money to spend and a lot of releases cap space. Horrible job indeed. Oh and if they get Bosh, even worse. Who would want to coach him and Rose together?

AMEN TO THIS!!! ^^^

The Bulls were HORRIBLE this year b/c they had one of the WORST coaches in the history of the NBA, who OVERPLAYED their best big man, Noah, when he had planter fasciitis (I would've wooped his a$$ too for that), never played his 1st-round draft pick, James Johnson, and did ABSOLUTELY nothing to develop the team! Sure you can lay SOME blame on Paxson for hiring him in the first place, and for keeping him this long, but the ultimate blame goes to the COACH, Vinny Del Negro! Free agents didn't want to sign with the Bulls, b/c DEL NEGRO WAS THE COACH!! That's why they dumped him! The Bulls job is a VERY appealing one, b/c they have all sorts of cap space, plus they have Rose and Noah, two young stars! So they WILL hire an excellent coach, IMO, and they WILL sign at least one All-Star caliber player (Bosh, Wade, or Joe Johnson). Plus, to say that "the East stinks" is harsh to say the least! Tell that to Cleveland, Orlando, Boston (who Chicago took to SEVEN GAMES in last year's playoffs), and Atlanta! The Bulls ARE going to be back... you can count on that! It's just a matter of time!  ;)

Anything can happen, but as of right now Barbee is our head coach and has to love the enthusiasm of the Auburn people as well as the total commitment of the Auburn brass with the new arena. Call me crazy, but I think he is really looking forward to being the man who puts Auburn on the map as a basketball power. Kentucky is obviously an elite job, but he has business here and I would imagine is really looking forward to the future as he now has no doubt the recruits will play for him here as evidenced by his first two big time commits... 

Yes Cleveland, Boston, and Orlando are very good teams. The rest of the conference is not very good. Atl seems to fall on their face everytime you think they're ready to make a move. Chicago took Boston to 7 games last year and so did Atl the year before. In comparison to the west the east is not very good. Paxson as the GM has the final call on player moves and he has moved players that would have been good for them for nothing in return. Jon Salmons is a good example of that. Free agents were turning down the the Bulls even before the Vinny was coach there. The Bulls have money to spend in the offseason and so do a number of other teams. There will be plenty of competiton for those few prime players that will be available. Wade has turned down the Bulls already in the past. If the rumors are true in Miami that Riley will coach again, Wade will stay put and Bosh will probably join him at the beach if not Lebron in Cleveland(I believe he will stay put). Boozer may be an option for them. If you take a look back you might remember the owner taking a stance that he wanted to put more money into the White Sox and take money away from the Bulls to do so. That's when the mighty champs were dismantled and Jordan retired(again). Pippen left shortly after for the Rockets and the franchise hasn't been the same since. Those were two of the best ever they lost but they have been in rebuilding mode ever since. Only in the last two years have they moved above being a lottery team. All those years of being a lottery team and they have one player in Rose to show for it. They will be a good team again but not until the problems in the front office and on the bench is fixed first.

I will say it again.......JCap is making 4 mil a year and seeking a lifetime contract with Kentucky....Would you leave? nuff said....... why go NBA?  be realistic please ..Now, if I am wrong about the lifetime contract someone tell me!! I think and know I am right...........Why go NBA when you are set for life>?

I was stunned to see the lifetime contract thrown out there by ESPN.  Can you imagine?  If there are no loop holes for UK to get out, they are going to be in trouble big.  An 93 year old Calipari sitting on the side line in his electric wheel chair, drooling, while a nurse attends to him and feeds his applesauce to him.  Oblivious to the fact that he was even in a basketball arena.  All while players are running up and down the court and fans cheering the game.  Seriously, though, it could get real ugly for UK in 10 years or so, if Calipari got lazy with a lifetime, no real inscentive contract. 

Archived