calipari to bulls means gloom and doom for AU

AUinEM

i talked to a buddy of mine who is a UK student who said there was alotta talk on campus tht calipari may be headed to the bulls and tht UK would target Coach BARBEE. and the rest is history

There is a article on espn.com about it and says Cal is flattered but not interested.

yea and saban said the same thing about hes not going to bama u cant trust these guys.

i just hope coach barbee would not do something like leave a school in 2 months but if UK comes calling get ready for the worst

There is a article on espn.com about it and says Cal is flattered but not interested.

yea and saban said the same thing about hes not going to bama u cant trust these guys.

i just hope coach barbee would not do something like leave a school in 2 months but if UK comes calling get ready for the worst

I'd like to believe he wouldnt leave..  :dunno: who knows. lets just let it play out.

Given the choice b/w having a coach others want to take from you and a coach that nobody wants, I will take the former.  If Barbee sails to greener pastures (and he will if he delivers here), then expect Jay Jacobs to reach into his little black book and pull another coach out of his hat.  Enjoy the ride brothers and sisters!  

I dunno he has more job security here, BB at uk is like our FB.....I believe he will stay if that happens. Plus I think they target someone else who has been successful at a traditional power..IMO

I dunno he has more job security here, BB at uk is like our FB.....I believe he will stay if that happens. Plus I think they target someone else who has been successful at a traditional power..IMO

I agree. BB at UK is FB at AU.

Sometimes you guys are worse than a sewing circle. Relax, I doubt he goes anywhere there is probably something in his contract that would keep that from being a possibility.

but anyway...Relax

Sometimes you guys are worse than a sewing circle. Relax, I doubt he goes anywhere there is probably something in his contract that would keep that from being a possibility.

but anyway...Relax

;)

He has a chance to really make a name for himself here at AU.

At KY , they have no patience. It's Boom or Bust .

He could have a nice long run here , and if he wins and brings in the crowds , his salary will skyrocket.

Cal turned down a number if opportunities to go to the NBA while at Memphis, why leave a school that helped set the standard for college basketball after one season for a no good job with the Bulls? Its not the money. He can and is getting that at Kentucky. He's scratched that pro itch in the past. If we were talking Lakers or something I wouldn't blame him for giving it thought but not Chicago

Settle down guys Barbee is here for a while. UK wants a proven coach hence the reason they hired Calipari. They want a coach that has been to the dance and has championship pedigree. Barbee although a great coach is still up and coming. UK doesn't want up and coming, they want championships now. The more logical guy for them is Florida's coach (his name slips my mind). Although I really don't think Calipari is going anywhere. College coaches generally don't do to well in the NBA.

:wareagle:

"UK wants a proven coach hence the reason they hired Calipari."

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

^This^  It would blow my mind if they didn't go after a proven superstar no matter what if he were to leave.

When I first heard the news that Calipari was looking at the Bulls, my reaction was "I bet he just wants more money at UK." And last night the news broke that UK is restructuring his contract. The man's already the highest-paid college basketball coach in the sport, but I bet every time a big-time job opens up, he'll be rumored to look at it so UK will give him even more money.

Cal has Kentucky over a barrell as much as saban does bama. Both schools are scared to death that the fanbase and alumni will turn on them if they lose the coach, therefore they will give the coach anything he wants.

i talked to a buddy of mine who is a UK student who said there was alotta talk on campus tht calipari may be headed to the bulls and tht UK would target Coach BARBEE. and the rest is history

ARE YOU A BAMA FAN? 

ARE YOU A BAMA FAN?   

Really? What did he say that was so horrible? It's just a rumor. I think Cal will stay with the kitty kats and I think we gonna have Barbee for some time

Cal turned down a number if opportunities to go to the NBA while at Memphis, why leave a school that helped set the standard for college basketball after one season for a no good job with the Bulls? Its not the money. He can and is getting that at Kentucky. He's scratched that pro itch in the past. If we were talking Lakers or something I wouldn't blame him for giving it thought but not Chicago

I wouldn't call the Bulls a "no good job" and then namedrop the most popular team in the nba like this is some college2college thing you're all accustomed to. Plus Derrick Rose is there and the Bulls have a money to spend this offseason. The reason Calipari woudn't want to go there is 1. the management is god awful, or 2. maybe he just doesn't want to go to the next level. Not exactly a lot of down points. On one hand your boss would suck and on the other he's too disciplined or too scared to take the plunge. Auburn fans really need to do their homework on basketball before they talk if they're not already fans. Some comments get ridiculous. No top 4 seed in the freaking playoffs is going to hire a college coach with no pro experience anyway. Chicago is a playoff team 2 years straight with money to spend and a lot of releases cap space. Horrible job indeed. Oh and if they get Bosh, even worse. Who would want to coach him and Rose together?

Really? What did he say that was so horrible? It's just a rumor. I think Cal will stay with the kitty kats and I think we gonna have Barbee for some time

"GLOOM and DOOM for AU"

Seems a bit too dramatic and ominous to me.

Cal has Kentucky over a barrell as much as saban does bama. Both schools are scared to death that the fanbase and alumni will turn on them if they lose the coach, therefore they will give the coach anything he wants.

Very well said, sir!

I wouldn't call the Bulls a "no good job" and then namedrop the most popular team in the nba like this is some college2college thing you're all accustomed to. Plus Derrick Rose is there and the Bulls have a money to spend this offseason. The reason Calipari woudn't want to go there is 1. the management is god awful, or 2. maybe he just doesn't want to go to the next level. Not exactly a lot of down points. On one hand your boss would suck and on the other he's too disciplined or too scared to take the plunge. Auburn fans really need to do their homework on basketball before they talk if they're not already fans. Some comments get ridiculous. No top 4 seed in the freaking playoffs is going to hire a college coach with no pro experience anyway. Chicago is a playoff team 2 years straight with money to spend and a lot of releases cap space. Horrible job indeed. Oh and if they get Bosh, even worse. Who would want to coach him and Rose together?

I do my homework on basketball and i'm as much a fan of basketball as I am football. The reason I think it's a no good job is basicially the points you hit on. I just didn't list my reasons for saying so. Bad management is why I think it's a no good job. Right now they are not far from being the Raiders. You have the GM getting into fights with the head coach. Paxson has proven that he doesn't make good decisions. Yes they have money to spend this off season and they've had that same money to spend the last few off seasons. Free agents have not been wanting to play for that team. There has been a revolving door of coaches since Phil Jackson left. Yes they made the playoffs the last couple of seasons but that's not saying much. The eastern conference stinks and teams have made the playoffs being below .500. If the Bulls were in the the west they couldn't sniff the post season. Derrick Rose is a very good player but he can't do it alone. Dewayne Wade is a outstanding player and MVP candidate but he can't do it alone. It takes a lot more than one player to be an elite team in the league. Yes Bosh would be a nice addition but that wouldn't make them a contender for the title. There is no guarantee that Bosh would play for the Bulls either. I do my research so ask me what I meant by what I said before you accuse me of not knowing what i'm talking about.

JCap is making 4 million a year at kentucky....  Now, Kentucky is in conversations with him about a New contract.. Honestly, would you give up 4 mill a year and kentucky is probably gonna offer more, like i heard a life time contract...would you leave? 

Archived