Who will redshirt this year?

Shift

It may be too early to ask this question but I'm just curious.  Who do you think is the most likely to be redshirted this year?  I know we need the depth but I also think that some of the incoming frosh could benefit from taking a redshirt.

Possible redshirts?  :dunno:

Corey Lemonier

Demetruce McNeal

Dakota Mosley

Jonathon Mincy

Kenneth Carter 

Justin Delaine

Jessel Curry

Ed Christian

Shaun Kitchens

Chad Slade 

Corey Lemonier got to add weight

Demetruce McNeal

Dakota Mosley

Jonathon Mincy

Justin Delaine got to add weight

Ed Christian

Chad Slade

I personally don't see any of the incomers on D RSing. At least I would certainly hope not. HCGC said in an interview on WJOX Roundtable today that the Defense is "a ways away". We've got to use the depth NOW. After reading the article earlier on Kitchens moving to slot reciever, I don't know what to make of that. I think its a very interesting move and hope it works out well but I don't know if he will be used immediately or next year.

I don't think we can say with any confidence until we get into fall practice.  There may be Darrin Bates or two in the bunch.  Conversely, there may be some top-ranked newcomers who are not quite ready for the big stage.

I would say that this depends solely on what shape all of them come in at this fall.  We will be playing a couple of the athlete/corners just to help ease them into next year.  All the linebackers will play and not take a redshirt.  My guesses:

Lemonier unless he shows up a little bigger than he played at last year.  If he shows up in the 235 to 240 range, I could see him compete for a spot.

Dakota is right in between all of our needs right now.  He is too small to play as an offensive lineman and a little big for tight end.  I really would have like to see him moved inside as a backup center/long snapper.  I really think that he could have been a good one.

Ed Christian unless he moves to guard, then I could see him compete for a backup spot.

Chad Slade, more than likely.

Justin Delaine, he was projected as a project player and I expect him to redshirt to find out where they want him to end up.

I could see Antonio Goodwin and Shaun Kitchens unless they just show up and wow everyone.

Not sure what the latest on Shon Colemon is, but I think he might be better off with a grey shirt so he can get on scholarship in the spring.  

Ladarius Phillips.

Chris Davis, Ryan Smith and Ryan White could be depending on if they can come in and play bigtime.

They all play (atleast on special teams). Then coach Chizik can show recruits that it isn't the Auburn of old, and you will play right away if you come to Auburn. This will spell another top 5 class!  :thumbsup:

I don't think Goodwin will redshirt, this guy looks too explosive to not be on the field, his highlight tape is unreal.  I know we have solid athletes at wideout, but Goodwin and Reed look like they can step in this year and be big play guys immediately, assuming they get enough of the offense down.  Im really excited to see these guys in a few years, they will be scary

Shon Coleman

justin delaine

Fariyike

Goodwin

Lemonier

D. Mosley

L. Phillips

Slade

Most defensive prospects should get a lot special teams reps.

I dont think we will redshirt as many as yall think we will... we still need every available body right now... maybe in 011 we can finally afford to RS players without having to worry about depth issues.

Its a long season... I think most of these guys will eventually play before its all said and done.

Archived