Jim Fyffe Memorial

This is the name Weegle proposed for the name of the new arena. I am supporting this 100%. I hope this can get to Jay Jacobs somehow, so this can happen. He was the greatest and deserves this tribute. Weegle this is a great idea.

:clap:

UPDATE: I think the best chance for the name change is the updated one. With all of the scoreboards and walls already showing Auburn Arena, it would probably be easier to change it to The Jim Fyffe Auburn Arena or Jim Fyffe Arena

I think the plan is to leave the building named, Auburn Arena. Now the floor I have not heard a name for

This is the name Weegle proposed for the name of the new arena. I am supporting this 100%. I hope this can get to Jay Jacobs somehow, so this can happen. He was the greatest and deserves this tribute. Weegle this is a great idea.

:clap:

I could get behind this as well.

I agree with the possible idea of naming the court for him. Not sure about the arena itself though. I do hope however that when a corporate sponsor is unveiled the arena would still have Auburn Arena in the name.

I Personally  like "Auburn Arena"  , the name is already up on the building, I'm sure it will stay that way for at least 5 years unless a Big Time Corporate sponsor wants to pay to have it changed.  The Floor of the arena like everyone else has stated could be named in his honor

Auburn Arena should stay but for example since Hyundai has a production plant nearby, if they decided to purchase naming rights then call it the Hyundai Auburn Arena.

I really don't want the arena to be named after a cooperate sponsor. I think it takes away from the family emphasis all of out coaches are praising to recruits. The results of the family emphasis cannot be denied. I think that the arena should stay Auburn Arena or be dedicated to a former great. I hope JJ understands the consequences that come along with the cooperate sponsor even though it brings in big bucks.

I like Auburn Arena....in keeping with the Auburn Family Tradition.  I would also support the floor naming in honor of Jim Fyffe; he was an AUsome part of Auburn history and should be honored...jmo.  I'm not in favor of Hyundai Auburn Arena at all....even though they are a big time corporate sponsor, I hope this doesn't happen.  This arena belongs to Auburn and the Auburn family, not Hyundai.

Starla

I like Auburn Arena....in keeping with the Auburn Family Tradition.  I would also support the floor naming in honor of Jim Fyffe; he was an AUsome part of Auburn history and should be honored...jmo.  I'm not in favor of Hyundai Auburn Arena at all....even though they are a big time corporate sponsor, I hope this doesn't happen.  This arena belongs to Auburn and the Auburn family, not Hyundai.

Starla

^^^^^^^^^STRONGLY AGREE^^^^^^^^^^^^

No corporate sponsors. but I think Jim Fyffe deserves something bigger than the playing surface of the arena. He was so much more than that is worth.

No one likes the idea of a corporate sponsor on our walls but frankly if it pays the bills do it.

The arena cost nearly 100 million so if they want to pay millions to have their name up there I am all for it

Starla

^^^^^^^^^^THIS^^^^^^^^^^^  Auburn is a family that takes care of itself!!!! Do we not?  Why the hell bring in a corporate sponsor.......? sure the $$ is Great but the sponsor is not our family!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Unless, of course, the sponsor is an Auburn Grad and keeps the name Auburn Arena and names the court or atleast something in the facility after """""Jim Fyffe""""......This guy was AUBURN!!!!!!!!!!!  If, auburn decides to get a sponsor they must guarantee the Auburn Arena name stays the same(with no BS like Verizon Auburn Arena) and something be named for Jim fyffe......... gonna stop now fixing to get started....

Starla

He was also one of the finest basketball play-by-play men ever.  He was great at football too, but he excelled at basketball, IMO.

I'm pretty sure you can e-mail JJ from the Athletic site. Maybe ST or someone with connections to the athletic admin staff could pass this along and actually be heard! What say you ST?

Starla

I didn't say I liked the name Hyundai. It was an example. I want it to stay the Auburn Arena too.  :dunno:

Why can't we name the floor in the new arena & the football press box after Jim.  No one whoever stepped foot on campus loved Auburn anymore than Jim Fyffe.

Why can't we name the floor in the new arena & the football press box after Jim.  No one whoever stepped foot on campus loved Auburn anymore than Jim Fyffe.

If I'm not mistaken, The football press box is already named after David Housel. I do agree it would be nice to see Jim's name at either place, though. A great Auburn Man.

I'm in full support of naming our new arena to the Jim Fyffe Memorial Arena or even the Jim Fyffe Arena. Jim was an Auburn man through and through and must NEVER forget that.

• 2 weeks later...

You can e-mail Jay at jacobjo@auburn.edu

J-S, you took the words out of my... well... my keyboard I guess!  :P I've e-mailed JJ before, and he actually e-mailed me back pretty quickly with a response!  :)

Archived