Jeremy Pruitt gone from FSU.. does that help us with anyone?

Auburn4Winners

I hope we will go hard and heavy into Georgia, and take as many 4 & 5 star recruits as we can. Let's face it, UGA is not going anywhere as far as winning any championships. Over the past 15 seasons, we have 3 SEC Championships, 1 NC, and 1 NC finalist. We should be able to go into Georgia and to some degree into Florida, and get the best of the best from each state. UGA is what it is, and we should start dominating them in the near future and beyond.

It's just been reported that Jeremy Pruitt has left FSU to take the UGA DC job. Does that help us swing any recruits?

LB Purifoy is the only big time D commit not enrolled that Pruitt was the lead recruiter on. I would like to take another shot at him but I think it is more likely he stays with FSU or Follows Pruitt to UGA.

With Pruitt leaving, it sure wont hurt our chances with some FSU recruits. We really need to hit Georgia hard and hang on tight to our recruits.

so would him going to georgia put him in line for richts job if they dont improve?just curious

Word is Richt does not want to be around much longer.

Might help Bama land Humphrey, yes?

Humphrey is all Bama and only Bama - beleive nothing else. No way he was ever going anywhere else.

Humphrey is all Bama and only Bama - beleive nothing else. No way he was ever going anywhere else.

Some publications HAD him an FSU/Bama toss up because he apparently worshipped Pruitt who had recruited Humphrey for Bamam when he was there. Moot point now anyway.

As AUciveE09 stated: Humphrey was NEVER going anywhere else but UAT. Vanderbilt had a better chance of getting DeShawn Hand then Alabama losing Humphrey if that tells you anything....

Some publications HAD him an FSU/Bama toss up because he apparently worshipped Pruitt who had recruited Humphrey for Bamam when he was there. Moot point now anyway.

Track is what has FSU involved more than Pruitt.

Humphrey had a relationship with Pruitt from his Hoover days and yes, the track program is something he was heavily weighing. I don't buy that Humphrey was/is a "lock" to Bama because many around him say he wants to forge his own path not just follow his dad and his dad has been supportive of that. Have a high school friend whose husband coaches at Hoover now and he said Humphrey wasn't just looking to be a "legacy" player and was seriously torn between them....and would probably be all FSU if not for his ties to Alabama.

I think yes, recruiting Georgia defensive players will be more difficult o. However Ellis is highly respected and has a great staff so we will hold our own. This year we started to turn it around. Next year our defense will be better hopefully.

I would think so. Not necessarily going to affect us this year, but next year is going to be a very big year for us in the state of Georgia. We are currently in good shape with Terry Godwin, Natrez Patrick, Austin Bryant, and Roquan Smith. So it will be interesting to see Garner and Pruitt go head to head.

I have not heard of these Pruitt recruiting stories. Can you elaborate?

I don't know any specific stories but I know he was a Padawan to Emperors Propst and Saban and that alone is enough to make me wonder about Pruitt.

Wasn't Pruitt behind the kid a couple of years ago being moved to a different HS to "help" with his grades? Wink...Wink

I thought that was Kirby, almost sure of it.

This is it.

http://content.usatoday.com/communities/campusrivalry/post/2012/08/ex-coach-says-alabama-assistant-pushed-recruit-to-transfer/1#.UtXRbHq-keg

Ex-coach says Alabama assistant pushed recruit to transfer

Comments

Washington (Pensacola, Fla.) assistant football coach George Schellang said Tuesday that high-profile recruit Darius Paige was encouraged to transfer to Foley (Ala.) High at the urging of a University of Alabama assistant football coach.

Paige, a 6-3, 275-pound senior defensive tackle, has said he plans to sign with Alabama. He's listed as the No. 38 player overall in the 2013 class by Rivals.com and the No. 49 player in the class by Scout.com.

"Darius came in the office one day during the summer after coach (Mike) Smith left and sat down and told me coach (Jeremy) Pruitt, who is the Alabama coach who was recruiting him, wanted him to go to Foley High School," Schellang told the Pensacola News-Journal. "Basically, he said (Foley High) could take care of him academically.

"My reaction was shock and dismay that a Division I coach would tell a high school athlete that he needed to transfer, that they had people there to help."

Alabama football spokesman Jeff Purinton said the school could not comment on what Pruitt did or did not do because it could violate NCAA rules by discussing current recruits. He added that colleges are allowed to tell recruits what they need to do to be academically eligible to sign a letter-of-intent.

Paige was academically ineligible this past spring at Washington High. However, he has a better chance of making up credits at Foley, where a student can accumulate eight credits over a school year, compared to only six at Washington.

Foley coach Todd Watson, who coached with Pruitt when they were assistants at Hoover, Ala., told USA TODAY Sports that Paige will not be able to practice until it is determined that his transfer has met Alabama High School Athletic Association guidelines.

"It will take some time," Watson said. "First, he has to get enrolled in school here. Once that happens, we have to check on his academic and transfer eligibility status."

AHSAA spokesman Ron Ingram said the AHSAA could look into Paige's transfer if Foley or any other AHSAA member requested an investigation. Citing privacy laws, he could not say if such a request had been made. As far as whether Pruitt encouraged Paige to transfer, that would not violate AHSAA guidelines, Ingram said, unless it was found that Paige had been given a monetary inducement.

The AHSAA mandates that a student who transfers must move with all principal members of his family to his new residence and that the family's original residence not still be used by the family. In addition, Paige's family will have to stay at least nine months at the new residence for Paige to stay eligible.

"People have been transferring for academic reasons for years," Watson said. "The idea of moving a kid to better themselves at a school is not a new concept. It's just when it involves athletics, it's a problem."

Foley has had several high-profile athletes who went on to play at Alabama, including wide receiver Julio Jones, offensive lineman D.J. Fluker and defensive back Robert Lester.

Archived