A Voter ID Suggestion

Proud Tiger

Much has been discussed here about voter ID and how to do it. One way would be to just your picture on your social security card. Since everyone needs to have a SS card that would solve the hardship a few have with getting an ID thru other avenues.

Much has been discussed here about voter ID and how to do it. One way would be to just your picture on your social security card. Since everyone needs to have a SS card that would solve the hardship a few have with getting an ID thru other avenues.

"Thats racist" LOL

For the life of me I cannot fathom the whine those opposed to photo IDs parrot. Here's the question I would ask all those who passionately believe requiring a voter ID is racist. Is it not enormously condescending, thus implicit racism, to suggest that any group is incapable or lacks the wherewithal to get a photo ID? I mean seriously. it is not hard to do and could be provided at no charge.

I don't look like my baby picture any more.

I think this would be the problem with this proposal.

I don't look like my baby picture any more.

I think this would be the problem with this proposal.

The problem with photo IDs is that they have to expire as people age. US passports and Passport cards expire and a new photo has to be submitted. They expire every 10 years for persons age 16 years and older. They expire every 5 years for those under 16. Driver licenses expire more often than that.

Passport_card.jpg

The state driver's or state identity card is a better way. The states all have facilities setup in many places to issue photo IDs.

There is also a REAL ID federal law than mandates that the states meet certain security requirements for issuing photo ID cards.

Documentation required before issuing a license or ID card

A photo ID, or a non-photo ID that includes full legal name and birthdate

Documentation of birth date

Documentation of legal status and Social Security number

Documentation showing name and principal residence address

Digital images of each identity document will be stored in each state DMV database.

The states in green issue REAL ID complaint photo IDs now

640px-REAL_ID_Act_compliance.svg.png

Many of the states oppose the financial burden of complying with the law.

Many on the left and right oppose the law based on privacy concerns as a national ID database is used.

And yes the pro immigration people oppose it.

That would be a federal ID. Wouldn't be any problems with the SS, IRS, FBI, NSA, CIA and whoever else compiling list of who votes how would there. :( Solution - When they register to vote they show proper ID then when they vote they should still have proper ID. If you cannot afford ID, ID will be provided for you. NO MORE 3rd party voter registrations. If they are too lazy to go register, ACORN or the DNC or the RNC shouldn't do it. End of rant.

I mentioned REAL ID in another thread on this issue. States just won't go for it.

Have you ever tried to get REAL ID. It can only be obtained at the drivers license testing station. After waiting two hours behind teenagers taking their road tests, I left and applied for a passport.

Then you made a CHOICE............... :-\

I like what someone mentioned about taking your photo when you show up to vote. Create a database and program to track voters. Or take a photo and a thumbprint. Use fingerprint scanners.

Archived