Did anyone notice the extra 50 cents

RVTiger

I always ourchase a $4.00 coke at the beginning of very game. However, at the Citadel game they added $0.50. When I looked down at the counter, there were written instructions for the concession stand workers to add $.50 to every item they sold. When I asked what the surcharge was for (there were no signs around) I was told it was for the hurricane relief fund. The young lady even told me there was a sign somewhere (but I never found it) that explained what was going on. Now, I have no problem helping out our friends in a time of need, but I prefer to do it voluntarily. This was not like going to say McDonalds and they give a dime for every hamburger sold. This was flat out a surcharge!! We (the fans) paid the entire $0.50!!!

Here's an even bigger question...how do they know how much they collected? Think about it for a minute...50-cents per item is not the same as a percentage. Unless someone was hand counting every single coke, popcorn, hotdogs, etc. sold (this would be physically impossible), there is no was to figure what was hurricane relief donations and what was actual concession revenues. I don't know why this bothers me but it does. First, I am forced to give a donation to something I may have already contributed to...second, because they are collecting it in a way that makes me wonder if they really know what they are doing, and ...third, where is the money going ( Red Cross, Salvation Army, etc).

Itwould probrably be better if it was a voluntary donation, or even matched by the school. It shouldn't be that difficult for them to keep track of how many items they sold - they could probrably even tell you how many of each item they sold. The registers record all of that information.

They don't have registers, or at least not in the west upper deck. That's my point...$0.50 is 12.5% of a $4.00 coke...$0.50 is 25% of a $2.00 box of popcorn...etc. There is no way they can calculate what was collected accurately, and thus my concern that this was not very well thought out, leading to my conclusion that something is just not right. You know, maybe I missed it but I did not hear the stadium announcer say anything about this fund drive. If this was a "true" hurricane relief drive I would think it would have been announced several times. Did anyone hear the stadium announcer mention this?

Yeah, I thought water was $3.00, but it was $3.50 (ouch). $8.00 for a pretzel and coke. That sucks. But it would have been nice to have been told why there was a $0.50 surcharge. But still, it wasn't a good way to do it.

Apparently the guys walking around didnt get the memo..... I was not charged an extra .50 for my 2 bottles of water. I almost went to the concession stand but when i finally decided i was gonna go the coke guy was heading down the steps... I dont mind donating but put a bucket there and let me do it on my on accord, don't force me....

Archived