2012 5* DT Eddie Goldman

TMAN2499

247 update says BVG visited him last Thursday and he could have a decision this week. BM says he thinks we are a slight leader over FSU and Turds.

I hope he got his particulars wrong as he does sometimes because Thursday was in the dead period. BVG could not visit a recruit on that day.

Maybe the NCAA gave him a waver like they did Urban Cryer?  :dunno:

• Replies 924
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Smuphy said on twitter that Goldman to AU is looking more and more plausible

That is amazing news. I am hearing nothing about Goldman so I'm glad someone is and that it is good news!

We can sit here and speculate what he's thinking all we want. Honestly only he truly knows and he might not even know lol. History shows that these guys can change there mind at any given moment. I'll believe he's coming to AU when he signs the LOI. War Damn!

247 update says BVG visited him last Thursday and he could have a decision this week. BM says he thinks we are a slight leader over FSU and Turds.

I thought he was waiting until NSD?  :dunno:

Sorry who is Smuphy?

Just an Auburn fan that posts here and there

Has it really been that long since he has post on this board? I guess I've been here longer than I thought. Jonesy anything to add about Goldman, Diggs, or Armstead?

Sorry who is Smuphy?

Has it really been that long since he has post on this board? I guess I've been here longer than I thought. Jonesy anything to add about Goldman, Diggs, or Armstead?

Not Jonesy but I believe Auburn's chances has increased significantly with Diggs and Armstead over the last 24 hours. I have felt good about Auburn's chances with Goldman for a while and I believe it's a neck-n-neck battle between Auburn-FSU for his sig.

Sorry who is Smuphy?

Not Jonesy but I believe Auburn's chances has increased significantly with Diggs and Armstead over the last 24 hours. I have felt good about Auburn's chances with Goldman for a while and I believe it's a neck-n-neck battle between Auburn-FSU for his sig.

Thanks ST! You will work I guess.  :laugh: :laugh: :laugh::thumbsup:

Sorry who is Smuphy?

Cool.  Good to hear we still are in it with Diggs.

He talks with guys in his region like Ron Darby and Stefon Diggs pretty regularly.  Those guys would like to play together, but that won't be the deciding factor for any of them.  That said, Goldman will likely be the first to announce in the next week or two.  If he goes AU's way, which is certainly possible but by no means a guarantee, that would play at least a role for both Darby and Diggs.  If Goldman goes to FSU, that could sway Darby that way.  Just something to watch. 

And I know there is a Goldman thread.  I went ahead and made a new thread since this relates to 3 different players.

From reading Ricardo Louis' comments I would put his name in that same group.

Except he is from south Florida.

Sorry who is Smuphy?

These opinions parallel mine. I'm a touch less confident about Diggs

As we are discussing impressionable teenagers, I will not feel confident about offensive skill position recruits until we name a coordinator. SD seemed impressed by what CGC said in reference to that hire, but I wonder if that has transferred down to current commits (i.e. Ricardo Louis).

As we are discussing impressionable teenagers, I will not feel confident about offensive skill position recruits until we name a coordinator. SD seemed impressed by what CGC said in reference to that hire, but I wonder if that has transferred down to current commits (i.e. Ricardo Louis).

Any new info on Goldman?

Recent tweet from Decker about Goldman...

Yes, very. RT @cass_sheridan @J_Decker84 you think we have a good chance to pull Goldman?

It is sounding like we will get Goldman.  He also has said that our coaches will start attacking the NE and should not return empty handed.

Archived