2012 5* DT Eddie Goldman

TMAN2499

I come to get my Auburn football news and a bunch of book learnin' breaks out.  ;)

I think EG is like quite a few of the recruits right now, he really is not sure what he will do. I am sure our coaches will put on a full court press these next two weeks.

• Replies 924
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Recent tweet from Decker about Goldman...

Yes, very. RT @cass_sheridan @J_Decker84 you think we have a good chance to pull Goldman?

It is sounding like we will get Goldman.  He also has said that our coaches will start attacking the NE and should not return empty handed.

"start attacking the NE"

What is the NE?

I cant recall right off what prospects are in the North East, maybe someone can help me out here?  :dunno:

Sighs, Goldman, Darby to name a few

You know you are from the deep south when you consider Maryland part of the northeast

Being that it touches both Pennsylvania and New Jersey I'm pretty sure its in the northeast...

Map...wow

http://i.infopls.com/images/states_imgmap.gif

I really don't want to hijack the thread but....Maryland does not border New Jersey and even if it did that has no bearing on whether it is in the northeast or not.  It is a border state that is considered part of the mid-atlantic.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mason%E2%80%93Dixon_Line

Recent tweet from Decker about Goldman...

Yes, very. RT @cass_sheridan @J_Decker84 you think we have a good chance to pull Goldman?

It is sounding like we will get Goldman.  He also has said that our coaches will start attacking the NE and should not return empty handed.

"start attacking the NE"

What is the NE?

I cant recall right off what prospects are in the North East, maybe someone can help me out here?  :dunno:

Sighs, Goldman, Darby to name a few

You know you are from the deep south when you consider Maryland part of the northeast

Being that it touches both Pennsylvania and New Jersey I'm pretty sure its in the northeast...

Map...wow

http://i.infopls.com/images/states_imgmap.gif

I really don't want to hijack the thread but....Maryland does not border New Jersey and even if it did that has no bearing on whether it is in the northeast or not.  It is a border state that is considered part of the mid-atlantic.

I will hijack the thread since I live in Maryland.  We do not border NJ.  The states are DE, PA, WV, VA and also DC, which is not a state.  We were a border state during the Civil War and are considered part of the Mid-Atlantic.  Baltimore was the first bloodshed during the Civil War as Federal Troops marched through downtown towards Washington to protect the U.S. Capital.  Maryland is also below the Mason-Dixon line which is typically why we are considered part of the Southeast, even though I was corrected when I first moved to Atlanta and said I lived in the South and was laughed at.  Lastly, Mr. Neuberg is incorrect, we are strongly being considered.

And now back to your regularly scheduled recruiting thread.   ;)

Frankly, my dear, I don't give a damn.

;D

From what I have been reading on TOS, Bama is after Casher,Young, wants Goldman but is looking at other options, also holding spot for winston, trying to fip ward.

From what I have been reading on TOS, Bama is after Casher,Young, wants Goldman but is looking at other options, also holding spot for winston, trying to fip ward.

I'm just glad that lil nicki thinks that a commitment should be just that.  Once you commit it should be over.  :rolleyes:    :dunno:

I'm just glad that lil nicki thinks that a commitment to him and bama should be just that.  Once you commit it should be over but to h#@@ with everyone else :rolleyes:    :dunno:

There, fixed it for you.

I'm just glad that lil nicki thinks that a commitment should be just that.  Once you commit it should be over.  :rolleyes:    :dunno:

Thats a one way street. Everyone committed to UA should stay and not visit anywhere else unless saban tells them to get lost. But everyone committed everywhere else should come visit UA and break their commitment. The recruiting shows where making fun of Saban when he went on his rant about it before. 

Once committed to bammer, he thinks you should honor the pledge. :zapbama: :zapbama:

Thats a one way street. Everyone committed to UA should stay and not visit anywhere else unless saban tells them to get lost. But everyone committed everywhere else should come visit UA and break their commitment. The recruiting shows where making fun of Saban when he went on his rant about it before. 

The shocking thing to me is that recently no one in the media has the stones to call him out on it. I am obviously speaking about the media outside of AL. There was an ESPN guy about 3 years ago showing saban had given out enough scholarships to have 115 players. He hit on his tactics and laid out the numbers. This guy needs to resurface with an updated piece.

War Eagle !

The shocking thing to me is that recently no one in the media has the stones to call him out on it. I am obviously speaking about the media outside of AL. There was an ESPN guy about 3 years ago showing saban had given out enough scholarships to have 115 players. He hit on his tactics and laid out the numbers. This guy needs to resurface with an updated piece.

War Eagle !

He fell up a flight of stairs soon after that.  :dunno:

Has anyone heard of some "improprieties" between FSU and Goldman?  

Take this with a grain of salt, but it is being discussed on some Bama boards, and specifically that this is NOT about AU doing anything wrong (which immediately gave some cred in my book since it wasn't a "Auburn is dirty cheaters" discussion) but apparently there is some chatter that something has transpired between D. Craig and Goldman's "handler" that is of the dirty recruiting violation nature.  

Could be nothing but could be something to watch for.  

Take this with a grain of salt, but it is being discussed on some Bama boards, and specifically that this is NOT about AU doing anything wrong (which immediately gave some cred in my book since it wasn't a "Auburn is dirty cheaters" discussion) but apparently there is some chatter that something has transpired between D. Craig and Goldman's "handler" that is of the dirty recruiting violation nature.  

Lord, I hope not. That would probably end our recruitment of him, ala Seastrunk.

I've read the same thing and after his visit with AU we were in the lead. After D. Craig's meeting with EG's "handler," suddenly FSU was leading and AU's coaches could not get in contact with EG about his sudden change of heart.

Take this with a grain of salt, but it is being discussed on some Bama boards, and specifically that this is NOT about AU doing anything wrong (which immediately gave some cred in my book since it wasn't a "Auburn is dirty cheaters" discussion) but apparently there is some chatter that something has transpired between D. Craig and Goldman's "handler" that is of the dirty recruiting violation nature.  Could be nothing but could be something to watch for.  

Well if anyone would know a recruiting impropriety, they would.

There are a lot of rumors swirling right now about "dirty" recruiting involving Goldman and FSU. As mentioned, this started with a Bama insider and is being used to explain Goldman not being heavily recruited by Alabama. I don't know how credible this information is.

Goldman, as I know him, is a good kid and in my opinion, this doesn't seem to match up.

Read about this also, just did not want to put it on here, just figured it was an excuse for bama when they lose

out on him.

That makes a lot of sense because everyone knows Saban gets everyone he wants...........

Archived