2012 5* DT Eddie Goldman

TMAN2499

If Saban needs room for a certain player, he will make it. Even if he has to twist the rules or kick a player off the team or commit list. So no reason to worry about them having room.

So what is new with EG?

• Replies 924
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"I seem to remember hearing that he was a walk on last fall and he never got approval from the NCAA in order to be eligible."

Per NCAA rules, if he is not eligible by NCAA he shouldn't be practicing right?

"I seem to remember hearing that he was a walk on last fall and he never got approval from the NCAA in order to be eligible."

Per NCAA rules, if he is not eligible by NCAA he shouldn't be practicing right?

He has to be on Campus for a full year before he is "Game" Eligible... He can practice, just not games...

The article states that when Duron joined the team it meant the subtraction of Woodson to make the 85 limit but since Woodson also came on they couldn't offer a scholly to Will Lowery.

According to Rivals he never signed an NLI, so I don't think he got a Scholarship.... I don't think uat post who is or is not on scholarship... so there is no way to tell so I would take anything as a guess.. including my post.  Also, I'm not sure he'd even count toward the 25 limit if he was, only the 85 limit as a transfer.

However, I don't think you'll ever see DC play a single game time down at uat, but I could be proven wrong.

This is an Eddie Goldman thread!  :)

Goldman... Who's that cat?  The question is, do we have a real shot at him?  I don't think we end up with him, but this year has been so strange in recruiting... hards hard to tell who has good information and who doesn't.

If the ole mean butt saban would just make his scholarship's public, we'd all know exactly where he stands with his recruiting classes........ :-\

Do we make our's public?  I'd like to see that list... I don't think many, if any schools make this public knowledge... it's only reported to the NCAA.

I think there is a rule against this. If you are a bona fide recruit with scholarship offers you have to be counted against scholarship limits. Another example would be a very smart very athletic person could not receive an academic scholarship if the intent was to play football.

not if you pay your own way....

The rule is for kids that have non-sports performance scholarships... if they are not recruited, the can be on the non-sports scholarship and not count toward the 85. 

A recruited athlete (as in your exammple) can be on a non-sports performance based scholarship and would not count to the 85 UNTIL he plays at least one snap.  Furthermore, if he didn't play during his first two years, when he played in his third year he'd only count toward the 85 limit and not the 25 class limit.  If he played during the first two years, he'd have to conform to the 85 total limit and the 25 class limit in the class he was recruited.

So sick of hearing about their 85 limit and how many they can sign.  I could give a flip what they are going to do.  I do care about who we are going to get!

Does the JHosley tweet have any legs?  I'm guessing they are at the All-star game together.  Is Goldman announcing at the game or is he a NSD announcement.   

So sick of hearing about their 85 limit and how many they can sign.  I could give a flip what they are going to do.  I do care about who we are going to get!

Does the JHosley tweet have any legs?  I'm guessing they are at the All-star game together.  Is Goldman announcing at the game or is he a NSD announcement.   

He's NSD I think

I believe he is a NSD announcement. I was wondering if all of the reports that Mario Edwards already has a DT body at 300 lbs and with Shanks and another DT already commited, maybe he will start to think about the depth chart. If I'm not mistaken, they signed a couple highly rated tackles last year as well. You never know, but I sure would love to land a playmaker on the D-line.. Now if we sign he and Leonard Williams we will be sitting pretty.

He will be annoucing on NSD( http://www.auburneagle.com/WEAForum/index.php?topic=36441.30 5th post down).

Thanks!! I'm dumb.  I forgot about the pinned thread at top. 

I usually make it a point to read through the thread before I post, but I'm tired of hearing about how nick is going to add and subtract to get who he wants.  :pcprobs:

I believe he is a NSD announcement. I was wondering if all of the reports that Mario Edwards already has a DT body at 300 lbs and with Shanks and another DT already commited, maybe he will start to think about the depth chart. If I'm not mistaken, they signed a couple highly rated tackles last year as well. You never know, but I sure would love to land a playmaker on the D-line.. Now if we sign he and Leonard Williams we will be sitting pretty.

If Edwards flips it will bd to LSU or Texas.

... this is an EG thread right????

... this is an EG thread right????

:laugh: Yes. Even though it has been hijacked a couple of times.

I'm doing the Bill Cosby one. ^^^^ Couldn't and don't want to be able to do the other one, but Bill's is perfect.

I feel good about the class already but if we get this guy I would be ecstatic.

We need this guy! Here's hoping.  :cool:

I wouldn't look to get any four or five star commits till a coach is named at DC / OC its pretty important for the players. Some are pushing their dates back to see who we hire and some are moving on in a different direction. Either way the coaching situation is killing what should have been a given top five class because of nc last year.  Hopefully it will be resolved soon and the right hires are made.

Archived