2012 5* DT Eddie Goldman

TMAN2499

Has anyone heard of some "improprieties" between FSU and Goldman?  

Take this with a grain of salt, but it is being discussed on some Bama boards, and specifically that this is NOT about AU doing anything wrong (which immediately gave some cred in my book since it wasn't a "Auburn is dirty cheaters" discussion) but apparently there is some chatter that something has transpired between D. Craig and Goldman's "handler" that is of the dirty recruiting violation nature.  

Could be nothing but could be something to watch for.  

If Goldman has a handler.........that is a major red flag!! :cool:

He doesn't have a "handler"....it is his coach the bammers are referring to.  But because Goldman has made some comments about his coach "handling" some things, gumps have equated that to a handler....then it will be a street agent. 

They are saying that  :devil: would not allow the coach at the OV, because you know  :devil: does things the right way and all  ;)

I'm not taking up for  :devil:, but why does the HS coach need to be at the OV anyway?  Unless of course the HSCoach is his "legal guardian" like the Taylor kid from Georgia...... :dunno:

• Replies 924
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Take this with a grain of salt, but it is being discussed on some Bama boards, and specifically that this is NOT about AU doing anything wrong (which immediately gave some cred in my book since it wasn't a "Auburn is dirty cheaters" discussion) but apparently there is some chatter that something has transpired between D. Craig and Goldman's "handler" that is of the dirty recruiting violation nature.  

He doesn't have a "handler"....it is his coach the bammers are referring to.  But because Goldman has made some comments about his coach "handling" some things, gumps have equated that to a handler....then it will be a street agent. 

They are saying that  :devil: would not allow the coach at the OV, because you know  :devil: does things the right way and all  ;)

I'm not taking up for  :devil:, but why does the HS coach need to be at the OV anyway?  Unless of course the HSCoach is his "legal guardian" like the Taylor kid from Georgia...... :dunno:

Well it does help in creating a pipeline to a school.

Because some families lean on their son's coaches for advice/guidance during the recruitment process.  Does not mean the coach is "making decisions" but some might need/want a coach there for guidance.  

If I am not mistaken, a high school coach can pretty much do anything on behalf of or for a recruit that their legal guardians can do ... no one else can.  a high school coach can drive a kid to visits and what not if a guardian/parent cannot ... unofficial and official visits.  i think i have that right?  the recruit would have to pay his own way otherwise?

just saw a tweet that was retweeted by Smuphy from Rivlasmike saying that FSU is the team to beat for Goldman, but Auburn is a huge threat.  Sounds like CBVG hitting it hard...bring him home!

just saw a tweet that was retweeted by Smuphy from Rivlasmike saying that FSU is the team to beat for Goldman, but Auburn is a huge threat.  Sounds like CBVG hitting it hard...bring him home!

here is the exact tweet...

rivalsmike Mike Farrell

Talking to some people close to situation leads me to believe #FSU is team to beat for Eddie Goldman and #Auburn emerging as big threat

11 minutes ago

rivalsmike Mike Farrell

Talking to some people close to situation leads me to believe #FSU is team to beat for Eddie Goldman and #Auburn emerging as big threat

11 minutes ago

I'm not a fan of Farrell, but if that's the case, there is large reason to feel optimistic about Goldman.

rivalsmike Mike Farrell

11 minutes ago

That is great news indeed. If BVG can reel him in, it would send a message to other recruits that our defense will be a force to be reckoned with.  It would also make me optimistic about BVG's recruiting prowess in the future.  If he could get EG after being hired only a short time ago, then look out!

rivalsmike Mike Farrell

11 minutes ago

That is great news indeed. If BVG can reel him in, it would send a message to other recruits that our defense will be a force to be reckoned with.  It would also make me optimistic about BVG's recruiting prowess in the future.  If he could get EG after being hired only a short time ago, then look out!

Haven't we been working on EG for a while now?  I definitely feel that the BVG hire boosted our chances since his main recruiters now have a new selling point, but I wouldn't give him that much credit.

Way too much time on your hands Chaotic. You must have been berry bored.

^^^ see what I did there?  ;)

One more, just for Weegs:

barry-manilow-2.jpg

New update, if you want to call it that, on 247 says that appears FSU has the lead with AU running a close second. His HS coach says that they are all even and Eddie is "still thinking". Don't really like the sound of this one.

Archived