2012 5* DT Eddie Goldman

TMAN2499

Are handlers making the decisions for most recruits? I wouldn't think so but I'm not in a position to know. I hope that wherever Goldman goes that HE chooses the school.

I would not sat most but definitely for some.

• Replies 924
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That is purely to spin it as if they did not get beat on Goldman.

They are setting it up so they can say:

Craig took care of the handler - if he goes to FSU

OR

Auburn must have outbid FSU - if he goes to Auburn

That is purely to spin it as if they did not get beat on Goldman.

They are setting it up so they can say:

Craig took care of the handler - if he goes to FSU

OR

Auburn must have outbid FSU - if he goes to Auburn

Sure hope so.  This guy was the one guy I wanted.  Anything else was just gravy.

So has he actually stopped communicating with our coaches or not???

I do not believe that story.  Having said that, I think you would have to say fsu has been in the best position.  When you hear all along that it is fsu or bama, then Sunseri leaves and Goldman has a great visit to AU and you hear fsu or Auburn, the one common theme there is fsu.  That and his relationship with Stoops may be to much to overcome.  But if anybody can I believe this staff can.

I believe this is another one where if the kid makes the decision he is coming to Auburn.  The problem with most of these big names is the kid has a bunch of adults around him who all have their own selfish reasons to want him to go here or there.

The more of this I see, the less I think these big-time kids make their own decisions.  Too many adults, relatives, HS coaches, "mentors" etc. have their own objectives.  Not many 18 year olds are willing to go against the influencial adults in their lives....and risk getting cut off from them.   

The more of this I see, the less I think these big-time kids make their own decisions.  Too many adults, relatives, HS coaches, "mentors" etc. have their own objectives.   Not many 18 year olds are willing to go against the influencial adults in their lives....and risk getting cut off from them.   

Yep, see Mike Blakely.  Luckily for us he ended up @AU in the end.

Goldman may choose us or he may choose FSU.  Point is we need 2 top DL between Williams, Goldman, and Armistead.

The more of this I see, the less I think these big-time kids make their own decisions.  Too many adults, relatives, HS coaches, "mentors" etc. have their own objectives.   Not many 18 year olds are willing to go against the influencial adults in their lives....and risk getting cut off from them.   

Goldman may choose us or he may choose FSU.  Point is we need 2 top DL between Williams, Goldman, and Armistead.

I think we get one of these guys at the most. I believe Armstead stays out west, and Goldman goes to FSU.

Goldman may choose us or he may choose FSU.  Point is we need 2 top DL between Williams, Goldman, and the Armistead's.

FIFY

Goldman may choose us or he may choose FSU.  Point is we need 2 top DL between Williams, Goldman, and the Armsteads.

FIFY

Fixed it for the both of you.   :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: ;)

Has anyone heard of some "improprieties" between FSU and Goldman?  

Take this with a grain of salt, but it is being discussed on some Bama boards, and specifically that this is NOT about AU doing anything wrong (which immediately gave some cred in my book since it wasn't a "Auburn is dirty cheaters" discussion) but apparently there is some chatter that something has transpired between D. Craig and Goldman's "handler" that is of the dirty recruiting violation nature.  

Could be nothing but could be something to watch for.  

If Goldman has a handler.........that is a major red flag!! :cool:

Take this with a grain of salt, but it is being discussed on some Bama boards, and specifically that this is NOT about AU doing anything wrong (which immediately gave some cred in my book since it wasn't a "Auburn is dirty cheaters" discussion) but apparently there is some chatter that something has transpired between D. Craig and Goldman's "handler" that is of the dirty recruiting violation nature.  

Not really. Many of them have handlers. Many times it's a parent.

I can't say that a parent could ever be called "handler" as they automatically have a vested interest by relationship.

I would be concerned with a non-parent as a "handler".

I don't know about the term "handler" but it seems that during their recruitment lots of these kids get involved in an emotional tug of war ....what they want to do versus what a parent, an uncle, a HS coach, a mentor or ?? wants them to do. 

An unfortunate sign of the times is the number of kids who live with someone other than their parent(s).  Worse still, some of these people seem to attach themselves to the kid about the time it becomes evident the young man has exceptional athletic ability.  Not saying their motives are bad, but once they rescue the kid many of these mentors/foster parents seem to take control of the lives....Blakely as mentioned earlier, Calloway and others. 

Not applying this to Goldman, but just noting that it's tough to know what some of these young men are going to do because lots of them don't know what they are going to be allowed to do.  JMO  :dunno:

The question was never answered. Did Goldman cut off contact with Auburn? If so, then AU is out and he chooses Free Shoe U.

I'm going with a variation of how Barkley explained it. Bama accusing anyone of cheating is like Snooki calling Halle Berry ugly.

image.jpgk.jpg

Just saying

I think we get one of these guys at the most. I believe Armstead stays out west, and Goldman goes to FSU.

I think the only way Armstead stays out west is if he's dead set on not playing with his brother because Armond can't transfer to any Pac-12 school.

I think the only way Armstead stays out west is if he's dead set on not playing with his brother because Armond can't transfer to any Pac-12 school.

If Armond does not get an SEC waiver then he will not be playing college anywhere next season and would likely go in the NFL supplimental Draft...So arik would stay out west if that is the case.

The question was never answered. Did Goldman cut off contact with Auburn? If so, then AU is out and he chooses Free Shoe U.

I'm going with a variation of how Barkley explained it. Bama accusing anyone of cheating is like Snooki calling Halle Berry ugly.

Never saw the ? but no AU has not been cut off.

He doesn't have a "handler"....it is his coach the bammers are referring to.  But because Goldman has made some comments about his coach "handling" some things, gumps have equated that to a handler....then it will be a street agent. 

They are saying that  :devil: would not allow the coach at the OV, because you know  :devil: does things the right way and all  ;)

More Berry pics, no more snooky.

:we::believe::we:

Two things make me really happy: the thought of having Goldman come to the Plains, and....

halle-berry.jpg

halle-berry-5.jpg

More Berry pics, no more snooky.

:we::believe::we:

Two things make me really happy: the thought of having Goldman come to the Plains, and....

halle-berry.jpg

halle-berry-5.jpg

^^^^^^This guy gets it. ^^^^^  ;D ;D ;D

Archived