Thinking of JIM

WarTim

Just wondering if all of Heaven is tiring of hearing Jim say, as he would put it "What I say when Auburn SCORES!" :)

No disrespect intended towards Rob, but, JF would have dearly LOVED to have been a part of THIS season. On second thought, what was I thinking?

Jim IS a part of this season and will be a part of EVERY AU season forever.

I will miss OUR "Voice" and our "heart" for the rest of my life. God Bless all.

W A R E A G L E ! ! :au:

TOUCHDOWN AUBURN ! ! ! ! ! :AUBig:

I would dearly love to see Jim's bride, Rose, recieve a Game Ball from the Team.

(One particular game, later in the season, comes to mind.) :D

"Alabama's bringin' everybody. Nix is gonna float one for Sanders.....................(sigh).  We love ya Jim.

108986[/snapback]

Let me just finish it for you there...

"...Sanders, OH HE CAUGHT IT AT THE TWO! And he dives in! TOUCHDOWN AUBURN! TOUCHDOWN AUBURN! OH MY GOODNESS! Sanders went up over Tommy Johnson or Antonio Langham, he caught the ball at the tw. How he held it I don't know, but he dived into the endzone and Auburn's right back in the thick of it!"

Actually my favorite is a tie between the 1990 FSU game and the Bostic run in the 93 Bumma game

Jim you are and will forever be the reason I am this much of an Auburn fan and you are the inspiration that made me want to be a sportsbroadcaster and strive to be half as good as you were and still are. You were the best of the best and the definition of what an Auburn man is and should be.

WDE and lets win the next 8 for "The Voice".

Here's to you Jim

Please forgive the bump, but, I felt it was important that as many as possible read this thread. This is the type SPIRIT we need in the :au: Family right now as we head into the rest of this season. (Besides the fact that it is HOMECOMING) :)

WAR EAGLE ! ! ! :au:

Please forgive the bump, but, I felt it was important that as many as possible read this thread. This is the type SPIRIT we need in the  :au:   Family right now as we head into the rest of this season. (Besides the fact that it is HOMECOMING) :)

WAR EAGLE ! ! ! :au:

109060[/snapback]

You are the MAN Tim!!

:au: :au: :au::au::au:

Funny you should post this, Tim. Last week, I was listening to the Fyffe's greatest calls CD I have on my way to work, and was thinking about how much we all miss him. Thanks for posting this, and WAR DAMN EAGLE!!!

When I want people to hear how much he loved Auburn, I let them listen to the 1997 Iron Bowl. "Kick is up, high enough, long enough, kick is... GOOD! IT'S GOOD! IT'S GOOD! IT'S GOOD! Holmes from 39 yards! IT'S GOOD!"

Nice one jarhead. I especially liked that call for his "ITS NOT OVER YET, ITS NOT OVER YET YOU GOTTA CINCH IT UP AND PLAY FIFTEEN SECONDS OF DEFENSE."

I was thinking the same thing the other day. If we win the sec this year I think it would be great if jim was mentioned somehow in the celebration.

It was disappointing the way the tribute worked out last year at the USC game.. Maybe we could make up for it.

Jatdubb has the Greatest calls CD in his car and plays it 24/7.(I can hear him coming down the road-SIX blocks away ! ! !)

Who can blame him? :D

WAR EAGLE ! ! ! ! :au:

I am the only one in the history of our fair city to be ticketed for violating the noise ordinance in my vehicle while listening to football highlights. I was in the midst of fine tuning my speakers to the Shane Wadsden catch against Florida when I got rolled up on and given a citation on the square in broad daylight. A hundred ninety two dollars is what it cost me. Luckily, my 19 year old son bailed me out and acted like he was the one that got the ticket so my wife still speaks to me occasionally.

Hmmmmmmmmmm...... Is there a BRIBE in this somewhere for me ?$?

:big::big::big:

Burger sets up to throw....oh my, TILMAN, TILLMAN, TILLMAN! TILLMAN at the baseline of the endzone! A bullet by Burger...Auburn goes ahead, UNBELIEVEABLE, UNBELIEVABLE. Tillman from Burger!! :cheer::au::D

BTW, guys, have any of you noticed the sports announcer on the Russell Athletics commercial that has been running on TV for a month or so (where the player is running stadium steps)? I think it is Jim. Does anyone know for sure?

Funny thing. After I composed this thread late last night, I dreamed about the game Saturday and heard Jim's voice doin' the play by play.

What a GREAT dream. (Not gonna' tell you about the outcome of the game in my dream. Don't want to jinx it. As Jenny would say, "It's all about me.".)

:lol::homer::big:

See ya' all & W D E ! ! ! :au::au::au:

I am the only one in the history of our fair city to be ticketed for violating the noise ordinance in my vehicle while listening to football highlights. I was in the midst of fine tuning my speakers to the Shane Wadsden catch against Florida when I got rolled up on and given a citation on the square in broad daylight.  A hundred ninety two dollars is what it cost me.  Luckily, my 19 year old son bailed me out and acted like he was the one that got the ticket so my wife still speaks to me occasionally.

109177[/snapback]

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

That's too funny. I guess it goes without saying the cop wasn't an :au: fan.

Archived